NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we're not going to spend any more serious money I'd honestly be content with a couple of stopgaps. And I'm playing cliche bingo here but a couple of leaders; I honestly hardly see any leaders in the squad. Would honestly even have Barton back for a year, fucking loves the Toon. He wouldn't even have to play. The three new lads all look promising but I'm not convinced any of them do - or will ever - really give a shit.

And I cba with any of this 'hmm, maybe top 8' bullshit. I want a couple of players in the squad who are going to come in and establish an actual goal. Someone to say, "fuck that. 7th. Minimum. That's the goal. That's what needs to happen this season." No more of this blind leading the blind led by Carver.

Just fucking ANYTHING to get me up for the fucking season, tbh.

If we're not going to spend any more serious money I'd honestly be content with a couple of stopgaps. And I'm playing cliche bingo here but a couple of leaders; I honestly hardly see any leaders in the squad. Would honestly even have Barton back for a year, f***ing loves the Toon. He wouldn't even have to play. The three new lads all look promising but I'm not convinced any of them do - or will ever - really give a s***.

And I cba with any of this 'hmm, maybe top 8' bullshit. I want a couple of players in the squad who are going to come in and establish an actual goal. Someone to say, "f*** that. 7th. Minimum. That's the goal. That's what needs to happen this season." No more of this blind leading the blind led by Carver.

Just f***ing ANYTHING to get me up for the f***ing season, tbh.

:nope:

If we could somehow get him for nowt and he just turned up at the training ground as a Newcastle player, I'd be like "sound." I'm not advocating we go out and sign him, as such. It doesn't matter anyway - it'll never happen. The point I was making is that I don't see anyone in the dressing room who's going to galvanise the rest of the squad into actually fighting for something.

If we could somehow get him for nowt and he just turned up at the training ground as a Newcastle player, I'd be like "sound." I'm not advocating we go out and sign him, as such. It doesn't matter anyway - it'll never happen. The point I was making is that I don't see anyone in the dressing room who's going to galvanise the rest of the squad into actually fighting for something.

Think that's a myth tbh, the whole caring and fighting bollocks anyway. Just think we haven't been good enough for a long time and an easy cop out is they don't care or up for it, when in reality IMO anyway is that they just haven't been good enough fullstop.

From his presser it sounds like new signings might depend on how we do the first few games. Hate that crap.

Aye, it just shows that we got the money but are not interested in giving it a real go. So annoying.

Barton 'cares' because faux intensity is the only thing he has in his locker to resemble a PL midfielder. He's as weak as cardboard and about as athletic as a table and 4 chairs. Shit player, no thanks.

From his presser it sounds like new signings might depend on how we do the first few games. Hate that crap.

Aye, it just shows that we got the money but are not interested in giving it a real go. So annoying.

That's really what you gathered from that? :no:

I like that he gives a shit about the club, that's all really. I don't see anyone in the squad who really does. Even Krul goes around slapping Mackem backs when they score against us.

It's the same sort of thinking which saw Carver and stone welcomed in the beginning :lol:

Well, nah, there's allowed to be a balance. Carver was the most important member of staff; as manager, arguably the most important person at the club. And was woeful. I want us to sign a squad member that is going to galvanise the other players in the absence of real leaders.

It's the same sort of thinking which saw Carver and stone welcomed in the beginning :lol:

Well, nah, there's allowed to be a balance. Carver was the most important member of staff; as manager, arguably the most important person at the club. And was woeful. I want us to sign a squad member that is going to galvanise the other players in the absence of real leaders.

Joey Barton the man who stubbed a cigar in a players eye as a man to galvanise :yao:

Think that's a myth tbh, the whole caring and fighting bollocks anyway. Just think we haven't been good enough for a long time and an easy cop out is they don't care or up for it, when in reality IMO anyway is that they just haven't been good enough fullstop.

This unfortunately, and that doesn't just go for the playing squad sadly.

Steve: "We’re looking at the centre back situation and we’re looking for players for there. We’ve little maturity in that position."

By maturity he obviously means quality. He's just being nice about it.

While Barton isn't a great example (because honestly, fuck Barton), Yorkie has a point. We need a proper captain, someone who will get his team mates care about what they are doing on the pitch.

While Barton isn't a great example (because honestly, f*** Barton), Yorkie has a point. We need a proper captain, someone who will get his team mates care about what they are doing on the pitch.

Not denying that, but the player itself has to have good quality. Fuck carrying around useless crap, even if they don't play.