NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah, I'm really not fussed on bringing Austin in if Cisse stays.

If there is no more arrivals I'd say it's been a poor window though, still crying out for a new CB and winger.

If there is no more arrivals I'd say it's been a poor window though, still crying out for a new CB and winger.

:thup:

But this is the window I expected so far, a change in strategy to make people believe the club had changed course and was willing to challenge but words not backed by actions so far.

Guest ElCid

:thup:

But this is the window I expected so far, a change in strategy to make people believe the club had changed course and was willing to challenge but words not backed by actions so far.

They still haven't spent a penny every what was already in the bank also - time will tell but I wouldn't hold my breath. No chance will there be another centre half with Colo signing a new contract and Lascelles coming though - not to mention Taylor, Williamson and Dummett who can play there, no way they will sign a left back with Hiadara and Dummett there, no way they will sign a winger with Cabella, Aarons, Obertan and when required Sissoko and Gouffran already there, no way they will sign a midfield player with Sissoko, Colback, Anita, Tiote and Wijnaldum there and no way they will sign a forward with Mitrovic, Cisse, De Jong, Gouffran, Perez and Riviere. Bodies have to be moved (11 players I count) but unfortunately they won't be and there is not a cat in hells chance there will be more signings coming in until some go the other way. As I said don't hold your breath!

The more I think of it the more silly it would seem to sell Cisse and replace him with Austin or someone else. He's scored goals throughout most of his Newcastle career. Much rather bust the bank for another defender and possibly a winger.. Cisse, Mitrovic and Perez, with De Jong being able to play up there seems OK to me especially when we have more pressing areas.

Of course, but I don't think the club will see it that way due to Cisse's contract and age.  If they think they can sell him and use that money to replace him with Austin who's 4 years younger and will then be on a 5 year contract they'll do it.

I dunno fair play to Stoke for showing some ambition for once and building a team of talents who should entertain. I don't think they'll get far in the league but they ought to have a good go at a cup. I've never liked Mark Hughes much but he seems to have got them working as a decent unit who are getting better the longer it goes on. Must be someone sorting out his signings (though Glenn Johnson seems like one of his ones, they'll regret that).

It is a weird one, but imagine being a stoke fan for years pretending to enjoy watching the actual shit on display, and cheering awful tackling and stuff cos that's all there is, and now suddenly there's a load of barcalona alumni and they get to cheer for nutmegs and bits of skill. Fair play to them.

I dunno fair play to Stoke for showing some ambition for once and building a team of talents who should entertain. I don't think they'll get far in the league but they ought to have a good go at a cup. I've never liked Mark Hughes much but he seems to have got them working as a decent unit who are getting better the longer it goes on. Must be someone sorting out his signings (though Glenn Johnson seems like one of his ones, they'll regret that).

It is a weird one, but imagine being a stoke fan for years pretending to enjoy watching the actual s*** on display, and cheering awful tackling and stuff cos that's all there is, and now suddenly there's a load of barcalona alumni and they get to cheer for nutmegs and bits of skill. Fair play to them.

Yes but he's someone we need and we are not even interested apparently :lol:

Isn't Krejci the one Pavel Srnicek said we are looking at?

yes. though he might have been saying we should buy him, not that we are trying to.

Seem to recall him saying our scouts had been there and we had said that we might be in touch in the future... But not immediately.

Also it's possible that the scouts were there because of the Srnicek tipoff....

It is a weird one, but imagine being a stoke fan for years pretending to enjoy watching the actual shit on display, and cheering awful tackling and stuff cos that's all there is, and now suddenly there's a load of barcalona alumni and they get to cheer for nutmegs and bits of skill. Fair play to them.

I'd have to agree, much as I loathe Stoke and absolutely detest Mark Hughes. Arrogant cunt.