NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surprised Spurs would be happy to let him go given how many games they're going to have next year plus if they want CL, decent sub. Unless he's kicking up a fuss obvs.

I would be honoured to see him playing for you.

We'd be happy to let him go because we've got a whole load of kids coming through who are going to fit into the team rather better. Levy will ask a s***-ton for a young England International (stop sniggering at the back). Even having lost Azzaoui to Wolfsburg I can see Onomah, Pritchard and Oduwa more involved, let alone people like Chadli and N'jie. If someone's willing to pay Levy what he'll ask then Townsend will be out the door.

I don't mind Townsend: he's capable of being very dangerous. He just doesn't seem to be learning and developing as fast as Poch would like.

Shelvey would be miles better, like.

Shelvey is quality. He'd be mad to come here mind. As would townsend.

Mail reckons Townsend would be a loan to start with. I reckon he'd take that with a view on getting a better move.

Yep, he's fallen out at spurs too so we probably think we can get a deal out of spurs. They're notorious for giving players away after all.

Shelvey is quality. He'd be mad to come here mind. As would townsend.

Mail reckons Townsend would be a loan to start with. I reckon he'd take that with a view on getting a better move.

Maybe, but surely he'd have more attractive options than this mental home?

I hope we get him btw, shelvey as well.

Surprised Spurs would be happy to let him go given how many games they're going to have next year plus if they want CL, decent sub. Unless he's kicking up a fuss obvs.

I think he's crap personally and I'm sure spurs will look to upgrade him.

We need a winger (or two) with pace who's going to look to beat his man and put a decent cross in.  That's not Townsend, he cuts in to shoot all the time.  We basically need another Keith Gillespie.  We'll probably get another no. 10.

Guest Roger Kint

Shelvey :anguish:

Better than any of ours like.

I agree, but still not good enough.

Good enough for fucking what? Honestly.

Belo in delusions of grandeur shocker :lol:

hes miles better than our gutless dross

We need a winger (or two) with pace who's going to look to beat his man and put a decent cross in.  That's not Townsend, he cuts in to shoot all the time.  We basically need another Keith Gillespie.  We'll probably get another no. 10.

Gillespie beat his man with pace alone 90% of the time, Obertan and Townsend are the same player they just don't try to beat their man out wide for pace, for whatever reason.

I'm not convinced you can get away with being that one dimensional in the league these days, a winger now needs an all round game or teams will just put two players on and snuff him out.

Anyone turning their nose up at the prospect of having Shelvey here is mental. Exactly what we need, would walk right into the team and should probably be made captain as well.

Still young, so consistency could still improve.

Never going to happen though.

Shelvey would be a perfect fix for our midfield, tenacious player who has bags of vision and a great pass, add to that his height and aerial prowess the fact that we only have midgets in midfield he would walk it... PROBLEM: We forget that english players know exactly what our club is; a complete chaos! This is dreamland, unless there is a fallout or something going on with him at Swansea... NO CHANCE!

I don't think Shelvey is that special but he actually has some attributes.

Running box to box, scoring goals and tackling for a start. Not the worst attributes to have for a midfielder, especially in a team like ours where the midfielders all want to be #10's.

Don't think he'll come here, unless he finds a personal chef to attend to his every whim similar to Jermain Defoe's PA/mam.

Funny you should say that, I seen an interview of his on football focus a while back and if I remember correctly he said his girlfriend always complains that he has the most boring taste in food known to man. Apparently all he will eat is chicken, bread and pasta and his favourite cheat meal was chicken nuggets.

He is a total pikey like, I wouldn't expect him to be a connoisseur in foreign delicacies or anything which baffles me as to why he needs a personal chef when he can get a rustlers burger for 50p when on special at the corner shop.

Ignoring how much of a twat Shelvey seems is he really quality?  He's looked good against us, but his end product looks pretty shite.  I mean Colback has as many goals and assists in the last two seasons (over exactly the same number of matches).

He certainly has more to his game than Colback, but being better than Colback and being a quality player aren't necessarily the same thing.