NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ignoring how much of a twat Shelvey seems is he really quality?  He's looked good against us, but his end product looks pretty shite.  I mean Colback has as many goals and assists in the last two seasons (over exactly the same number of matches).

Shelvey looks like he's got a decent engine on him for a start. Colback chugs along as well at about half the pace.

Isn't Shelvey starting at Swansea? Where has this talk come from.

I like him, but don't think he'd do well here. Doesn't seem a strong character at all. Can imagine him struggling as we are crap, and he would be getting sent off every other game, and when he's actually on the pitch, he'd be punting it long all the time, because we have zero movement.

We'd all grow to hate him immensely.

As much as I think he's a very talented young player I'd worry about his attitude being at our club with all the s*** that goes on. Also I'd be mindful we don't have any wingers - with the exception of Aarons who is constantly 'injured' and Thauvin who looks utter garbage so far - and our 2 best CM's on paper (Gini and Sissoko) are playing out wide.

I really do think our priority has to be on a proven PL winger and a CB going into the window. Townsend would be a good buy for us I reckon tbh. Obviously other areas are in need of improvement, we seriously need a proper LB and a DM as well but I can't really see Ashley sanctioning 4 signings made to seriously improve us in the Janurary window, even if Sissoko is f***ed off.

People seem to forget he is still only 23 and has a couple of years until a player of his position traditionally hit their peak. I think he would be a good signing and he'd be ahead of Colback all day long. A Shelvey, Colback midfield would be awful though so would need to be Colbacks replacement.

Doubt he would come here either way .

Wijnaldum been our best outfield player this season, albeit he has gone missing at times, but I get your point. If we were to get him, which we won't, but if we were I could we something like this working:

Shelvey  Anita/Tiote/ Colback (pick your aids)

Townsend                                        Wijnaldum

Perez          Mitro

Or drop Wiji back and play either Thauvan or Sissoko on the left.

Out of that I'd probably go. 

Sissoko        Shelvey 

Townsend          Perez      Wijnaldum                     

Mitro

We'll get some no marks from the French or Dutch leagues though.