NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reluctant to spend when they're facing losing tens of millions by getting relegated?

it's so f***ing stupid an approach it's entirely believable because not one of them know a thing about football

And he has been here 8 years or so and still hasn't learnt anything about football.

The season when we were in Europe and pardew almost relegated us, he sanctioned spending then, bringing a few players to bolster the squad.  They managed to ind them at the right time price  :lol: :lol:

Am I right in thinking Sissoko, Haidara, Gouffran and whoever else that were bought that Jan were players we had earmarked for the following summer??

We only spent £6m that summer though... on Anita at that. Those where players we should've bought in the summer - including Remy. This time we've spent good money in the summer - on the wrong players.  But we only spent money from cash reserves. We'll be in the shit come January and Ashley will have to find some more money, i'm sure it won't be hard.

The big thing is that no one is man enough to tell Ashley that the 54 million was spent very poorly.

He is probably being told by Charnley that the players are all great the manager is great, everything is great.

We just need to buy some short-term progress. Put a big CB in there, a dominant midfielder and we'll pick up a few points that will boost confidence and get everyone playing better. Too logical to be done sadly.

Those are the two priorities, for sure. We'll need to pay over the odds to get someone decent, or break the rule about signing older players.

With the huge amount of TV money coming in, we're into new territory. So let's see.

Sign Charlie Austin, fork out a shed for Shelvey, sign a CB to replace Colo who isn't slow and weak as piss, and replace the cunt in Goal and we're probably saving relegation. It actually is that simple.

Sign Charlie Austin, fork out a shed for Shelvey, sign a CB to replace Colo who isn't slow and weak as piss, and replace the cunt in Goal and we're probably saving relegation. It actually is that simple.

Don't think we even need all of that, CM and CB would keep us up fairly easily I would say. Not that we should aim for that like.

We just need to buy some short-term progress. Put a big CB in there, a dominant midfielder and we'll pick up a few points that will boost confidence and get everyone playing better. Too logical to be done sadly.

I'm starting to think Ashley would rather go down than break our wage structure, which is what it would take to sign the sort of players who can actually fight a relegation battle.

We need some pace and creativity/crossing ability in the midfield asap, which is why I think a move for Townsend wouldn't be the worst thing.

CB is absolutely critical, the number 1 priority. Colo and Williamson are basically unselectable

A new CB, Townsend on loan, Aarons back fit and reallocation of the captain's armband might be enough to reach the heady heights of 16th position.

We need some pace and creativity/crossing ability in the midfield asap, which is why I think a move for Townsend wouldn't be the worst thing.

CB is absolutely critical, the number 1 priority. Colo and Williamson are basically unselectable

A new CB, Townsend on loan, Aarons back fit and reallocation of the captain's armband might be enough to reach the heady heights of 16th position.

After CB, CM is the most important IMO.

After CB, CM is the most important IMO.

The more I think about it the less sure I am about that. We have 6 CMs already (admittedly most of them are crap) but we have no width at all and a striker who relies on service.

Aarons is never fit and Thauvin is not currently fit for purpose.

Add a creative CM into the mix and we're still going to be playing with 4 CMs, pretending Sissoko and Wijnaldum are wingers. It's still totally unbalanced.

I'd much rather sign some pacy wingers with decent crossing ability and stick Colback in the centre with Wijnaldum.

A CB is essential, as is either a CM or a winger that puts Sissoko/Gini in the centre.

Left back would be nice, whilst getting Austin would be good planning for our promotion campaign. But the first two are critically important.

Don't need a winger. We need a CM and CB. There's nothing to suggest either of those lads can do it at CM. Wijnaldum has his worst games there and Sissoko has rarely been given that duty - and won't if we sign another winger.

Cb. CM. ST. down the spine we need experience, solidity and goals.

The only wingers we have are Thauvin, Gouffran, Aarons and Obertan. So basically just one.

Wijnaldum has hardly shone out there either, it was only that one game.

With better balance the whole team should play better. At the moment there are players shoehorned into positions they shouldn't be playing. Give Mitro some service from the wings and he'll look a different player. The wingers will occupy defenders further up the pitch which gives Gini more spaces to run into.

The name of the game right now is survival and a balanced team will give us a better chance of that. Adding another CM into the mix when we already have capable (but perhaps not outstanding) options Doesn't really help IMO

With better balance the whole team should play better. At the moment there are players shoehorned into positions they shouldn't be playing. Give Mitro some service from the wings and he'll look a different player. The wingers will occupy defenders further up the pitch which gives Gini more spaces to run into.

The name of the game right now is survival and a balanced team will give us a better chance of that. Adding another CM into the mix when we already have capable (but perhaps not outstanding) options Doesn't really help IMO

it's one of the most important positions on the pitch and we dont have anyone who can play there who is fit for purpose. it absolutely must 've addressed.

Don't need a winger. We need a CM and CB. There's nothing to suggest either of those lads can do it at CM. Wijnaldum has his worst games there and Sissoko has rarely been given that duty - and won't if we sign another winger.

Cb. CM. ST. down the spine we need experience, solidity and goals.

The only wingers we have are Thauvin, Gouffran, Aarons and Obertan. So basically just one.

Wijnaldum has hardly shone out there either, it was only that one game.

Aye, we need a winger far more than a striker IMO.

Centre-midfield is the absolute priority, followed closely by a centre-back. Aye our defensive options are poor but Coloccini's limitations are exacerbated ten-fold by the invisibility of our midfield.

The squad is an unbalanced mess and the odd bits of talent are masked by a total lack of interest. Perez is just about the only one I look at and think "this guy is really trying," at least on a semi-consistent basis.