NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They need to spend a f*** load of cash in Jan just to stay up ffs. What's 40m offset against hundreds of millions from the next to deal? Cretins

They don't think like that though - wouldn't be surprised to be completely underwhelmed once again.

They need to spend a f*** load of cash in Jan just to stay up ffs. What's 40m offset against hundreds of millions from the next to deal? Cretins

Thing is though who'd want to sign for us,a club dicing with relegation.

It's been said before - the usual ilk we attract - money grabbing mercenaries.

It's been said before - the usual ilk we attract - money grabbing mercenaries.

Rinse and repeat.

Would probably help if you weren't playing 4 central midfielders like.

central midfielders who don't like to tackle might work in the dutch or French league but over here they just get steamrollered. I would look at players like Wijnaldum, Sissoko and De Jong as #10 withdrawn strikers rather than midfielders.

I've just spent 2 posts saying we need new CMs

Given up on Sissoko?

He's not been great recently but I still think the heart of the problem is centre midfield and down the spine of the side in general.

Given up on Sissoko?

Never gets played CM which is odd

I think there would be doubts as to whether he would be tracking back enough when we don't have possession. That seems to be a problem with all our midfielders. Then again, the two players who can be trusted to defend in central midfield just get brushed aside.

Given up on Sissoko?

No. I actually wouldn't be opposed to playing him next to a Capoue style DCM who was excellent at Toulouse with Moussa. Someone who's big, quick and can cover correctly, then sure would be great. But in this form and team I don't see how he works.

Shawcross next to Mbemba.

Shelvey and Sissoko as a midfield 2? Dynamic and strong to me.

Those players would have to be fucked on industrial strength medication to even consider moving here.