NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

end of window summary prediction we needed defenders and strikers we got midfielders and a pile on the injured list happy days

Although defenders and a striker is needed, the absolute priority was to sort out the central midfield and I am glad we have done that

may be giggs, but moose from talksport reckons we want alan judge from brentford.

Dredd to think what this c***'s like.

I had a look earlier. 11 goals and 8 assists in 25 games this season. Left midfield, attacking midfield or right midfield. Takes a mean set piece.

You don't think we needed central midfielders?

above defenders and strikers? then no central midfield is the last on the pile for me

You was happy with Colback and Anita/Tiote in the middle? Really?

not my point exactly what I mean is if the window closes today and we sign no one else you really think

1. colback will no longer play in the middle

2. the two midfielders we signed will help our lack of a quality centre half and a left back

3. score the 10/15 goals missing in the side from a striker who can regularly score

I dont think colback and anita are any good I dont want them in the side but mclaren has been keen on two defensive midfield players which again I disagree with as well.

may be giggs, but moose from talksport reckons we want alan judge from brentford.

Dredd to think what this c***'s like.

I had a look earlier. 11 goals and 8 assists in 25 games this season. Left midfield, attacking midfield or right midfield. Takes a mean set piece.

Woosh :lol:

above defenders and strikers? then no central midfield is the last on the pile for me

not my point exactly what I mean is if the window closes today and we sign no one else you really think

2. the two midfielders we signed will help our lack of a quality centre half and a left back

3. score the 10/15 goals missing in the side from a striker who can regularly score

I dont think colback and anita are any good I dont want them in the side but mclaren has been keen on two defensive midfield players which again I disagree with as well.

We've had by far the worst CM pairing the league this season, and it's probably the two most important positions in the team. Upgrading it will improve us more than any other player would have.

We've had by far the worst CM pairing the league this season, and it's probably the two most important positions in the team. Upgrading it will improve us more than any other player would have.

Agreed a weak middle was part of our issues, the weak middle also contributed to the additional pressure the back four have been under this season, the middle has also reduced the number of goals a possible striker could score through lack of forward play and movement to free up areas of space.

For that I think Shelvey is a great signing just what the middle needed and will help us improve however I wont be jumping up and down saying its been a great transfer window as we bought two midfielders which was my entire point as I still see us weak at centre half and left back and I dont see having our current strikers being enough to get us the goals we need.

If we were signing 4 players this window and shelvey was amongst them then great if he is the only quality edition I still dont know if thats enough to see us through.

Agreed a weak middle was part of our issues, the weak middle also contributed to the additional pressure the back four have been under this season, the middle has also reduced the number of goals a possible striker could score through lack of forward play and movement to free up areas of space.

For that I think Shelvey is a great signing just what the middle needed and will help us improve however I wont be jumping up and down saying its been a great transfer window as we bought two midfielders which was my entire point as I still see us weak at centre half and left back and I dont see having our current strikers being enough to get us the goals we need.

If we were signing 4 players this window and shelvey was amongst them then great if he is the only quality edition I still dont know if thats enough to see us through.

That's quite a bit different from what you first said, which made it sound like we got midfielders we don't need. I don't think anyone would say our business should be done, but when the window opened CM was our greatest need and we've taken care of that (hopefully).

That's quite a bit different from what you first said, which made it sound like we got midfielders we don't need. I don't think anyone would say our business should be done, but when the window opened CM was our greatest need and we've taken care of that (hopefully).

will have to agree to disagree then, my original comment was when someone else proposed a reset of how many signings we will make this window.

I personally feel if we had of signed a left back, centre half and striker and tried someone else from our current squad in the middle that would have been better than buying 2 midfield players and no one else.

Ideally we will go on to buy a few more or loans and I will feel more happy.

At the moment, we've done the same as in the summer; the bare minimum. Think we've got enough to stay up at the moment, but we really could do with a striker and a left back.

Basically this. Left back and backup for Mitro for me

I would hardly say we've done the bare minimum, in the summer and now (if we get one or two players), in the summer we got 4 first teamers, we look to be getting 4 first teams this window, and if we do that again I  the summer, that's an entire new team in the space of a year. I know I'd be great to have got an entire new squad last summer, but the reality is that if we did, you'd have a lot of players having to get used to one another, if they were from another county, settle into the league, and the area. At least getting 4 at a time, you can use the current playing sqaud to bed them in, even if they may be shite. This season needed to be a transitional season, its been shitter then expected, but if we stay up, there are promising signs in the new squad. Unless Ashley sells them, which he probably will :lol:

Guest pont-toon

[/quote

Definite no from me - courts controversy and thinks of himself as too much of a big wig

Exactly. Been saying this for ages. Teams have walked through us far too easy this season.

Same old same old offer a fee in the hope that it will be accepted and then wait the whole window for the hope that the other clubs get edgy fingers and always ends up with nothing happening. Other possible targets are then not sought and we end up with the usual 'we tried' statement. Tottenham or West Brom are not going to budge - they have history of it. If these are the players they want then they should be going and getting them or calling it quits and going after other names. Spending an extra few unwanted million to get players who have been selected (opinions on here are varied but seemingly these are the clubs top two choices) is nothing compared to the possibility of losing up to 100 million if the team goes down.