NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ian, you're so f***ing naive man [emoji38]

This.

Don't mean to be harsh Ian but you've got your head in the clouds on this one.

Just don't think they get any positive spin out of failing to sign people.

I don't know, neither do you two (or Ronaldo) but I just can't see why they would bother with this. I've said I believe they might do things like lower the price late in the deal, or not spend as much as the manager wants etc. I just don't think it's part of some sort of masterplan to delude the public. 

Anyway, who knows? It just seems a very obscure way to get good publicity.

Maybe it's because you work down South these days but you wouldn't believe the shit a lot of fans soak up up here. They've become brainwashed with "we tried..." Stories. Sufficiently enough to renew their Season and Match Tickets. I hear it day in day out with people at work etc.

And no need to apologise about bringing it up again as that's the whole point of a forum to discuss things. It's nothing personal :thup:

Ian, you're so f***ing naive man [emoji38]

This.

Don't mean to be harsh Ian but you've got your head in the clouds on this one.

Just don't think they get any positive spin out of failing to sign people.

I don't know, neither do you two (or Ronaldo) but I just can't see why they would bother with this. I've said I believe they might do things like lower the price late in the deal, or not spend as much as the manager wants etc. I just don't think it's part of some sort of masterplan to delude the public. 

Anyway, who knows? It just seems a very obscure way to get good publicity.

Maybe it's because you work down South these days but you wouldn't believe the shit a lot of fans soak up up here. They've become brainwashed with "we tried..." Stories. Sufficiently enough to renew their Season and Match Tickets. I hear it day in day out with people at work etc.

And no need to apologise about bringing it up again as that's the whole point of a forum to discuss things. It's nothing personal :thup:

Why do you keep saying "we tried" stories? Where are these stories?

I must have missed them.

The last one was claiming interest in Charlie Austin when anyone with half a brain knew he only wanted to go to Southampton or Bournmouth due to the circumstances. We were never truly in for him let's be honest.

The last one was claiming interest in Charlie Austin when anyone with half a brain knew he only wanted to go to Southampton or Bournmouth due to the circumstances. We were never truly in for him let's be honest.

So no proof whatsoever that the club created Austin rumours to appease the fans?

I've got no problem criticising this regime but let's actually use things they have done rather than rumours, gossip and exaggeration.

So no proof whatsoever that the club created Austin rumours to appease the fans?

I've got no problem criticising this regime but let's actually use things they have done rather than rumours, gossip and exaggeration.

They never denied them when they were losing ST holders hand over fist.

Rooney?

Rooney?

Rooney? You mean that SD shite.

Or do you mean in 2003? When we ACTUALLY made a bid for a player we had no hope in signing.

Rooney?

Rooney? You mean that SD shite.

Or do you mean in 2003? When we ACTUALLY made a bid for a player we had no hope in signing.

This club is the football team arm of SD. Of course the club put that story out!

Lee Ryder:

However, the Chronicle understands the Magpies are not prepared to bid more than the £14million that Tottenham Hotspur are asking for.

:lol:

Thought this was hilarious until i read the actual article this evening. Why miss off the last 5 words of the sentence?

TBF if you thought that rumour about Rooney was true you deserve to be lied to

Rooney says it happened personally?! If you don't believe it you must be mad! Shepherd definitely made a bid like

The Sports Direct rumour one a few years ago, not that one

Lee Ryder:

However, the Chronicle understands the Magpies are not prepared to bid more than the £14million that Tottenham Hotspur are asking for.

Thought this was hilarious until i read the actual article this evening. Why miss off the last 5 words of the sentence?

What?

Lee Ryder:

What?

The actual quote in the Chronicle is-

However the Chronicle understands the Magpies are not prepared to bid more that the current Spurs asking price of £14million if a bidding war develops

Lee Ryder:

What?

The actual quote in the Chronicle is-

However the Chronicle understands the Magpies are not prepared to bid more that the current Spurs asking price of £14million if a bidding war develops

It wasn't when i posted the first quote.