NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ian is spot on IMO. If we are making fake bids then we are doing a bad job of it since we have had three of them accepted, plus four in the summer and spending what 50m on them?

Yes we hate Mike Ashley but let's not just make things up to suit an outdated narrative.

We have spent money but it's still not working.

I was referring to the past if you re-read my posts. As was everyone else unless the definition of "Myth" has changed.

That's why it's outdated.

But you'll never/shouldn't trust them again so you can never be sure of every bid. The argument was they'd never done it and they clearly have.

One thing that confuses me here is what the fuck is a fake bid? the ones that the papers have made up that you have lapped up?

i think they'll banking on getting remy on loan in terms of a striker now personally, don't see much else happening on that front

It's probably cheaper to buy any one else we are after now rather than in the Summer. That new Premiership TV deal is going to inflate transfer fees.

Ian, you're so f***ing naive man [emoji38]

This.

Don't mean to be harsh Ian but you've got your head in the clouds on this one.

Just don't think they get any positive spin out of failing to sign people.

I don't know, neither do you two (or Ronaldo) but I just can't see why they would bother with this. I've said I believe they might do things like lower the price late in the deal, or not spend as much as the manager wants etc. I just don't think it's part of some sort of masterplan to delude the public. 

Anyway, who knows? It just seems a very obscure way to get good publicity.

This.

I don't know, neither do you two (or Ronaldo) but I just can't see why they would bother with this. I've said I believe they might do things like lower the price late in the deal, or not spend as much as the manager wants etc. I just don't think it's part of some sort of masterplan to delude the public. 

:pokerface:

Every single window, same thing happens, every single window, fans lap up the 'we tried' shite man.

"nee value", "player too expensive", "mercenary wants too much money", "do a leeds"

It's still fucking happening.

This.

Every single window, same thing happens, every single window, fans lap up the 'we tried' shite man.

"nee value", "player too expensive", "mercenary wants too much money", "do a leeds"

And if they are telling the truth? It's one thing lying, it's another being a tight cunt. Neither are relevant in the last two windows. We have spent but it's too little too late IMO.

Anytime we bid for someone, some nonce peeps up with "we tried, chortle chortle." It's boring nonsense.

I know it happens, I just don't think it's done deliberately for PR.

What do you think Keith Bishop does?

PR isn't he? What's that got to do with transfers? Oh that's right, nowt.

The fake bids thing is nonsense like, always has been. We're just tight, bad to deal with and incompetent.

Wasn't it proved in the KK lawsuit that the club had been deliberately bidding low? I remember an interview he gave (think it's on YT) that he'd (KK) get the price the club wanted and the wages the player wanted then would sit back to find out the club had offered lower and then just pulled the plug.

Ok they may bid but they have been proved to of done this deliberately knowing it won't get accepted in the past.

“We wanted to sign Sami Hyypiä.

“The fee had to be £1.25million. We knew what his wages would be.

“So I went to Wise and Jimenez and said if you put that offer in he will come. The wages weren’t excessive.

“We left it with them. We got a phonecall four hours later from Sami saying: ‘What’s going on here?’

“They offered £500,000. They came back and said we’ve offered but they turned it down.”

This.

And if they are telling the truth? It's one thing lying, it's another being a tight cunt. Neither are relevant in the last two windows. We have spent but it's too little too late IMO.

Anytime we bid for someone, some nonce peeps up with "we tried, chortle chortle." It's boring nonsense.

It's somewhere in between lying and being a tight cunt. Both are still relevant. It's not as straightforward as "we wont spend money". We'll spend, but only when terms are unlikely to be accepted as they'll always be very much financially beneficial to ourselves (with potential future value of a player being defined by the Carr/McClaren/Charnley brain trust). We'll make offers that are derisory, and we'll stretch out negotiations with very little movement, and then say we tried when we fail to sign those players. I don't see how it's nonsense at all.

The fake bids thing is nonsense like, always has been. We're just tight, bad to deal with and incompetent.

Wasn't it proved in the KK lawsuit that the club had been deliberately bidding low? I remember an interview he gave (think it's on YT) that he'd (KK) get the price the club wanted and the wages the player wanted then would sit back to find out the club had offered lower and then just pulled the plug.

Ok they may bid but they have been proved to of done this deliberately knowing it won't get accepted in the past.

“So I went to Wise and Jimenez and said if you put that offer in he will come. The wages weren’t excessive.

“We left it with them. We got a phonecall four hours later from Sami saying: ‘What’s going on here?’

“They offered £500,000. They came back and said we’ve offered but they turned it down.”

I'm sure this is true, but to me it's more the club disagreeing with KK and/or not wanting the player enough to pay the going rate. I'm sure we do this, I just don't think it's for PR reasons.

I'm sure this is true, but to me it's more the club disagreeing with KK and/or not wanting the player enough to pay the going rate. I'm sure we do this, I just don't think it's for PR reasons.

Why would you even bid for a player that you do not want? A bid so far from the asking price that you know it will be rejected out of hand. Isn't that the very definition of a "we tried" bid that people are referring to here?

P.S. I agree it's a boring argument but howay, there's plenty of evidence for what LFEE alluded to, from people far more reputable and respectable than the cunts currently officially representing the club.

Do you think Ashley doesn't care what the fans think of him? I hope not.