NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just seen the Daily Mail has said Dwighyt Gaule is on our list too!

Would be very happy with that I have to say. That guy is a quality finisher.

He's been stuck with managers that love a big lump upfront at Palace, but when he's played he's looked a goal threat.

Would be a good alternative to Berahino, as he's quick and gets in behind. Really hope we go for him.

Also a massive chance to rub Pardew's face in it, if he comes here and shines. How sweet that would be.

I've always liked Gayle and can't believe he hasn't been used more at Palace.

If we're after a striker with similar attributes to Berahino, who is used to the league and won't need time to adjust, then he's a great option IMO.

He would definitely put away a number of those chances we've been failing to capitalise on.

He's also one that you can rotate with Mitro, as well as play up top with him at times, in the sense that he won't necessarily demand to play every game, so won't hinder Mitro's development longer term.

Of those who are continually linked and that we have a reasonable chance of getting.  My priority would be Remy.  Berahino if there is any chance they will deal south of £20m, wouldn't be the end of the world.  Gayle and Gomis would be a bit meh.  Gayle could actually help out, mind.  I have never liked Gomis, since we were linked with him all those years ago.  Looks like an absolute cart horse to me.

All in on Remy.  In the short term, I think he'd see us stay up fairly easily and he'd be pretty low risk for the club.  As I am guessing it would just be a loan. 

Apparently they're confident that as he's come through their youth system they'll be entitled to decent compensation even if his contract runs out - one of the papers mentioned a potential 10 million.

Don't get the fuss with Gayle personally.

Won me a truck load of fantasy points as my third striker and he hardly plays. Think he's fantastic based on that, and knows how to finish. Unlike all of our strikers combined.

Brief mention about Jordan Rhodes in the Chronic. Nee quotes or anything though.

He's available apparently. Would be a great story if we took a punt on him and he turned out to show the same knack for scoring as he does in the Championship.

The worry for me is his lack of pace. He's really pedestrian and not sure his game will translate to the prem. He's not that much of a physical presence either, so not a great combination being on the shorter side, and quite slow too. You never know though. However, for the fee they're asking it would be a big gamble IMO.

Gayle's a weird one, he always looks dangerous against us but he doesn't seem to be that highly rated. Is it a case of being Pardewed?

Pardewed, Pulised and Warnocked. Though the two latter managers actually used him more.

Ironic that Pulis is essentially mismanaging Berahino the same way at West Brom. Doesn't want to play a smaller striker upfront.

Funny how Fat Sam finally playing Defoe upfront after refusing to do so imitially, is what has now given them a chance at survival.

Really don't understand these sort of managers. They are so simple minded at times.

Gayle's a weird one, he always looks dangerous against us but he doesn't seem to be that highly rated. Is it a case of being Pardewed?

Pardewed, Pulised and Warnocked. Though the two latter managers actually used him more.

Ironic that Pulis is essentially mismanaging Berahino the same way at West Brom. Doesn't want to play a smaller striker upfront.

Funny how Fat Sam finally playing Defoe upfront after refusing to do so imitially, is what has now given them a chance at survival.

Really don't understand these sort of managers. They are so simple minded at times.

It's not that difficult to understand, especially after watching Pardew at work here. Eight men behind the ball means the only tactic which will work requires a big man up front and plenty of hoofing in his direction. Strikers like Defoe and Gayle thrive off more accurate passing.

Peterborough chairman was on Talksport last week saying he thought Gayle would be going to the Euro's if he was in the right team. Obviously an element of bias but shows how highly rated he was there.

Gayle's just shit. Nothing to do with Pardew in this instance.

:lol:

Astonishing levels of arrogance there, even for you, Ron :lol: And a proclamation of a patent falsehood. Gayle would've flourished under another club that didn't need to rely on a target man, as he isn't one. I think he may yet shine if he plays for a club that isn't just hoofing it to him and keeping him on the bench.