NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm really not keen on Luke Edwards, he loves a dig at us since his ban but he's obviously got a good source within the club because he's constantly first with most stories about us.

Edwards was a decent journalist when he worked up here, miles better insight than the likes of Ryder or Oliver.

1. Pick player with whom we were tangentially linked 3 windows ago.

2. Concoct story about supposed renewal of interest.

3. Immediately rebut concocted story.

4. Pick-up pay cheque from 'embarrassing excuse for a news outlet' news outlet.

Pete Graves ‏@PeteGravesSky

#nufc are trying. Unlikely to be Lacazette tho. Lyon not playing ball. 

:lol:

He doesn't even want to come here man, just give up on him for god sake. We'll end up wasting a few days on him again before being told to 'jog on' by Aulas. We'll then end up switching our attention back to Berahino again for the final few days of the window.

The scouting setup at this club is absolutely shite.

Guest antz1uk

Pete Graves ‏@PeteGravesSky

#nufc are trying. Unlikely to be Lacazette tho. Lyon not playing ball. 

:lol:

As if... Their chairman absolutely detests us like

One of the worst sides in the Premier League based in the unfashionable North East and extremely frugal yet we can basically steal away any player from France who doesn't play for PSG. No wonder they hate us. We're a constant reminder of how inferior their league is.

Everyone said that Thauvin didn't want to come.

The whole "we tried" thing is garbage by the way. Ashley doesn't care enough about what the fans think to lodge "fake bids", whatever that means.

We do bid for players, we just don't pay the going rate or show any real desire to push moves through.

Ashley will be shitting himself that we lose the t.v money and I expect the club to do their level best to sign a striker to stay up.

Bit of a weird point to make?  Seeing as it looks like he clearly didn't want to come here?!  He loves it here so much, that after less than 6 months, he wants to go back home.  He supposedly went and asked OM to loan him back FFS and has decided he's had enough, after the fans gave him a bit of stick.  He's not had too many chances, granted.  But it's not like he's done a lot to warrant getting better players out the team.  First sign of trouble, he wants to leave? 

It was rumoured/reported at the time that the offer was too good for OM to turn down and the player had previously rejected the chance to sign for us, on more than one occasion.  Certainly looks like that was the case.  We bought a slow, weak as p*ss winger, for £13m-14m and had been panned by French fans and journos.  Certainly looks like an offer that's too good to refuse.  It's not as if money alone never motivates players, either.  I remember reading a bit from Luque.  Where he said he had no interest whatsoever to sign for us.  Then we offered some ridiculous deal and he couldn't believe how much we were offering him and decided to make the switch. 

As for the fake bids stuff.  I don't think we make fake bids, no.  I do think we release bullshit stories however and that we're happy for agents, clubs and journos to name drop.  It tricks fans into thinking we're actually doing something.  This window seems a bit different, as we're desperate.  But the Lacazette rumour is very strange and doesn't make much sense.  The player has said he's not leaving in Jan, wants a CL club, supposedly already turned us down a few times.  Yet we're making another approach?!  Odd.

On the 'fake bids' idea, I don't know why people go for these conspiracy theories. This regime made it very clear years ago that the transfer strategy was to a) go for younger players whose value might increase and b) to spend strictly within their budget and not to go into debt. Our pattern of spending has mirrored that stated strategy.

You can say it's wrong, but you can't say that there's a plot to fool everybody.

On the 'fake bids' idea, I don't know why people go for these conspiracy theories. This regime made it very clear years ago that the transfer strategy was to a) go for younger players whose value might increase and b) to spend strictly within their budget and not to go into debt. Our pattern of spending has mirrored that stated strategy.

You can say it's wrong, but you can't say that there's a plot to fool everybody.

KK proved it in a court of that this is what they did. What more evidence do you need?

KK proved it in a court of that this is what they did. What more evidence do you need?

They misled the fans, yes and I wouldn't be shocked if they did it again but that's very different from lodging fake bids every week of the transfer window.

None of us are Mike Ashley fans (I hope not anyway) but the "we tried" thing is tiresome. Ashley doesn't want to get relegated anymore than us.

It's ambition and common sense which ultimately holds us back.

The fake bids thing is nonsense like, always has been. We're just tight, bad to deal with and incompetent.

Absolutely. I think he's only just realised how much he needs to spend to keep us in this league and it's going to be too little, too late.

The fake bids thing is nonsense like, always has been. We're just tight, bad to deal with and incompetent.

Wasn't it proved in the KK lawsuit that the club had been deliberately bidding low? I remember an interview he gave (think it's on YT) that he'd (KK) get the price the club wanted and the wages the player wanted then would sit back to find out the club had offered lower and then just pulled the plug.

Ok they may bid but they have been proved to of done this deliberately knowing it won't get accepted in the past.

Wasn't it proved in the KK lawsuit that the club had been deliberately bidding low? I remember an interview he gave (think it's on YT) that he'd (KK) get the price the club wanted and the wages the player wanted then would sit back to find out the club had offered lower and then just pulled the plug.

Ok they may bid but they have been proved to of done this deliberately knowing it won't get accepted in the past.

They might bid lower than the manager wants, lower than previously mentioned in discussion etc. I just don't believe they do it knowing it won't get accepted, there's no point.

Was just thinking how well it went for the last relegation threatened club who signed an England international midfielder, Townsend & Remy in the January window to help keep them up.

Very good!

fwiw, all three of them scored against the mackems, so that's at least one monkey we might get off our back.

The findings of the lawsuit essentially boiled down to just the one thing, that the club intentionally mislead the public over the extent to which Keegan was involved/had a say in transfers.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit what you say, that while chasing their own targets they'd have fucked around with a player Keegan fancied purely as a sop to him (Schweinsteiger anyone?).