NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was just thinking how well it went for the last relegation threatened club who signed an England international midfielder, Townsend & Remy in the January window to help keep them up.

They were already relegated before they brought them in, they just couldn't accept it.

Was just thinking how well it went for the last relegation threatened club who signed an England international midfielder, Townsend & Remy in the January window to help keep them up.

They were already relegated before they brought them in, they just couldn't accept it.

Same here, isnt it?

The fake bids thing is nonsense like, always has been. We're just tight, bad to deal with and incompetent.

Wasn't it proved in the KK lawsuit that the club had been deliberately bidding low? I remember an interview he gave (think it's on YT) that he'd (KK) get the price the club wanted and the wages the player wanted then would sit back to find out the club had offered lower and then just pulled the plug.

Ok they may bid but they have been proved to of done this deliberately knowing it won't get accepted in the past.

The findings of the lawsuit essentially boiled down to just the one thing, that the club intentionally mislead the public over the extent to which Keegan was involved/had a say in transfers.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit what you say, that while chasing their own targets they'd have fucked around with a player Keegan fancied purely as a sop to him (Schweinsteiger anyone?).

Yeah, I don't doubt they do these dodgy things, I just don't think they do them for good PR.

Same here, isnt it?

Course it isn't :lol:  QPR were bottom on 14 points at this point in the season, that's hopeless no matter what you do (history shows its a impossible position).  We're third bottom on 21 points, plenty of teams have gotten out of that.  Point is QPR improved in January with those signings, but they were  already too far gone.

Ian is spot on IMO. If we are making fake bids then we are doing a bad job of it since we have had three of them accepted, plus four in the summer and spending what 50m on them?

Yes we hate Mike Ashley but let's not just make things up to suit an outdated narrative.

We have spent money but it's still not working.

We're 2 point's adrift and some people are ready to just throw In the towel :lol: :lol:

I think it's clear that some people on here actually want us to go down due to some sort of delusion that it will get rid of Ashley/serve him right.

The fake bids thing is nonsense like, always has been. We're just tight, bad to deal with and incompetent.

Wasn't it proved in the KK lawsuit that the club had been deliberately bidding low? I remember an interview he gave (think it's on YT) that he'd (KK) get the price the club wanted and the wages the player wanted then would sit back to find out the club had offered lower and then just pulled the plug.

Ok they may bid but they have been proved to of done this deliberately knowing it won't get accepted in the past.

It was demonstrated that a loan signing had been made against Keegan's judgement and that this went against the role usually assigned to a club manager.

Assuming we just aren't going to get another two in on top of Townsend, would you rather we went for a forward or defender?

It has to be a defender for me, we are still just one injury away from disaster at the back and if Townsend takes the left wing role then Perez is backup for Mitro

Assuming we just aren't going to get another two in on top of Townsend, would you rather we went for a forward or defender?

It has to be a defender for me, we are still just one injury away from disaster at the back and if Townsend takes the left wing role then Perez is backup for Mitro

Not sure - we lost 4 games across christmas 0-1.... had we had players capable of sticking the ball in the net more regularly, it could have been different.

I don't think we'll ever have a very good defence - but if we can at least stick the chances away, we'll have a better chance of picking points up.

If you score goals you can take pressure of your defence, if you continue to miss chances then that pressure becomes too much for the defence in the end. Our defence not being that good anyway makes it worse even still.

Sign both, get a defender and a striker in, common sense won't prevail though, obviously.

We're 2 point's adrift and some people are ready to just throw In the towel :lol: :lol:

I think it's clear that some people on here actually want us to go down due to some sort of delusion that it will get rid of Ashley/serve him right.

If anyone wants us to go down it's because these cunts deserve it. The owner, the 'board', some of the players and a big portion of the fans. It's difficult not to wish massive failure on all of them. Especially when you consider that watching us play Premier League football stopped being a positive experience years ago. 

Aye but they didn't have a master motivator and psychological guru to guide them right...

Striker for me. The only reason I think Sunderland might avoid the drop is because they've got Defoe. A natural goal scorer like that wins games from nowhere.

Ian is spot on IMO. If we are making fake bids then we are doing a bad job of it since we have had three of them accepted, plus four in the summer and spending what 50m on them?

Yes we hate Mike Ashley but let's not just make things up to suit an outdated narrative.

I was referring to the past if you re-read my posts. As was everyone else unless the definition of "Myth" has changed.

I was referring to the past if you re-read my posts. As was everyone else unless the definition of "Myth" has changed.

That's why it's outdated.

That's why it's outdated.

But you'll never/shouldn't trust them again so you can never be sure of every bid. The argument was they'd never done it and they clearly have.