Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 33

Beren

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 3m

Crisis club Newcastle level on points with Manchester City, who are 4th. Early season surprise package Aston Villa are 16th.

TBF, they've had a nightmare set of fixtures to open the season.

And weirdly they have performed better in the nightmare ones than the winnables.

I'm starting to fall in love with Anita. Another great performance. Ben Arfa was of course the stand out player, but a great, solid performance froom Anita.

Anita did ok, but personally i want us to play through him as his decision making is sold imo, I also don't want to see him move forward just sit and cover the players moving in front of him ala Carrick

Guest bimpy474

Excellent performance.

I think some referees would have disallowed there goal and whilst it's something I disagree with I think there should be more consistency. Also Hatem - who was back to his best - should have had a penalty.

Defo penalty, clear as day push.

aye two handed push at that, how that wasn't given I don't know.

Ben Arfa of course stole the show and reminded me why don't get mad when he loses it because he's capable of anything.

And how much better is Hatem when he isn't playing RM in a 4-4-2/4-2-3-1, less defensive duties and the amount of times he got the ball one on one against Luna. Villas defending was suicidal at times Hatem one on one so often mind.

FWIW I've decided to put Solano to RB on my favourite XI below and put HBA at right wing. I f***ing love him, he's an absolute pleasure to watch.

Nobby is my favourite foreign player ever to play for us, he's getting pushed close by Coloccini and Ben Arfa.

Guest bimpy474

We played really well as a team, not just going forward.  I thought Krul was unlucky for the goal because he had two Villa players between him and Benteke.  Our central defenders look like they are forming a really good partnership, our midfield was creative, robust and had movement and our front 3 caused Villa Problems but Cisse needs a goal soon.

All in all we got what we deserved and could have had a batter result if it wasn't for a shite performance from the officials who seemed to revel in booking our players while missing a clear penalty.

I would say Cisse is very close to being dropped for Gouffran, Remy or Gouff down the middle or left. Cisse really needs a confidence boost of a goal or 2.

Excellent performance.

I think some referees would have disallowed there goal and whilst it's something I disagree with I think there should be more consistency. Also Hatem - who was back to his best - should have had a penalty.

Ben Arfa of course stole the show and reminded me why don't get mad when he loses it because he's capable of anything.

And how much better is Hatem when he isn't playing RM in a 4-4-2/4-2-3-1, less defensive duties and the amount of times he got the ball one on one against Luna. Villas defending was suicidal at times Hatem one on one so often mind.

Yes sir, I think he benefitted in a couple of ways.

1: He clearly had more energy due to the lack of pressing he did, He looked a threat and full of energy every time he had the ball.

2: The fact he was playing further up the pitch meant Villa had a harder time doubling up on him, this was compounded by the fact they also play a 4-4-3 and their 3 attackers didn't track back at all.

Guest Howaythetoon

Great win, some excellent moments and very good performances from some of wor lot but it worries me that once again, we go into a second half dropping off, sitting deep and looking long at times. Typical Pardew tactics. Villa are a very poor side btw. Without Benteke they would be certainties for the drop in my opinion. We need a CF type up front if this system is to work, Remy left, Ben Arfa right, Cabaye, Anita and Sissoko in midfield. Someone who can hold it up and bully defenders. Cisse is struggling for confidence mind. Ben Arfa, absolutely magical.

Guest bimpy474

Excellent performance.

Yes sir, I think he benefitted in a couple of ways.

1: He clearly had more energy due to the lack of pressing he did, He looked a threat and full of energy every time he had the ball.

2: The fact he was playing further up the pitch meant Villa had a harder time doubling up on him, this was compounded by the fact they also play a 4-4-3 and their 3 attackers didn't track back at all.

Spot on  O0, glad to see Pardew finally go back to it. Really was enyoyable today.

I would say Cisse is very close to being dropped for Gouffran, Remy or Gouff down the middle or left. Cisse really needs a confidence boost of a goal or 2.

Cisse isn't justifying his place, the only the thing going for him is our lack of options.

Credits to our Fans as well they made more noise than the Villa lot throughout the game.

I thought the good times we're back for Villa? But they only got 37K in 3k being us. Surprising considering they have such a highly rated up a coming manager with one of the best strikers in the league.

Guest bimpy474

Cisse isn't justifying his place, the only the thing going for him is our lack of options.

Aye, if we had signed Gomis i reckon Pap was going to be dropped, he deserves to be tbh. Hopefully a goal against Hull will be the confidence boost he needs.