Aston Villa 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 14/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 33

Beren

http://i39.tinypic.com/2agt46b.jpg

Who the fuck is the white bloke behind Ben Arfa? Process of elimination says Debuchy or Santon but he looks like neither to me :lol:  ???

Edit: just scanned through some google images, its Santon. Fuck me he can look old if he pulls a face like that :lol:

Santon needs to pass with his left more. Few occasions today he tried to pass down the side with the outside of his right and it got cut out.

Should spend every pre-season working on his left foot but it is never going to happen unfortunately.

Missed the 1st 15 minutes, why was Santon wearing a number 5 shirt with no name on it?

He needed to change shirts for some reason, not sure why they didn't have a spare one for him though.

Well costcutting is probably the real answer.

reminiscent of that 6 win streak two seasons ago. cabaye pushing right on with the wide men dropping a bit. good, win, deserved win with a very good performance and I hope we stick with this pattern, hopefully in time a bit more excahnge movement between remy/ben arfa and cabaye/sissoko.

edit....big part of the game seemed to be how alert we were to loose balls. a big chasnge to last season.

Just got in after managing to avoid the result until tonight... Stated in pre-match thread AP would surprise a few on here with his team selection... Seemed to play some canny stuff on the extended highlights... Lets hope he goes with the same eleven next week...