Parky hates our fullbacks.

Parky

B-b-b-b-b-but modern fullbacks spend most of their time attacking. Play on the front foot and they'll rarely be defending.

Said it all along. We need 4 good defenders at the back.

We need Debuchy to fucking wake up.

Well Mapou is the best defensive option we have at LB, and maybe Anita at RB, who knows its f***ing shambolic.

What did Santon do wrong today?

Nothing which is everyone is changing the subject instead of blaming the french homo like they should do.

If someone can remind me at any stage during the game where Santon f*cked up defensively i'll gladly eat some humble pie but fact is he didn't do anything wrong.

All defence getting blamed for Debuchy's positional sense being worse than an rabbit on speed is not cool.

Well Mapou is the best defensive option we have at LB, and maybe Anita at RB, who knows its f***ing shambolic.

What did Santon do wrong today?

Nothing which is everyone is changing the subject instead of blaming the french homo like they should do.

Unnecessary.

Santon wasn't too bad today but yet again though when he gets forward his delivery is woeful,  the lad just can't get a ball into the box, yet people think he would make a good winger.  In the formation we play we need to rely on the fullbacks getting forward to provide the width and get crosses in.

Debuchy last week against Villa looked like a top class international full back but today he barely resembled a sunday league player.

We've bought a dud in Debuchy simple as that, he hasn't heard of the concept of defending and he is nowhere near a good enough attacker to put up with being such a liability. We were better off with Simpson at least he had a vague notion of what defending is.

Santons our best full back, though he's as prone to forgetting how to defend as the rest of them but I'll let him off with being young.

He always does that cutting inside bullshit and often loses the ball...Led to a goal today as it has done many times in the past...I'd play Yanga there when Taylor is back. We have Remy now with att threat from that area Santon hangs around in fiddling around for ages with all his bullshit...Basically him and Debby do a lot of bullshit in the wrong areas and have a very vague clue about defending...Both total ponces as well.

He doesn't often lose the ball.... in fact he's one of the best players for ball retention in the entire squad.

I agree he was poor going forward today mind.... also as for Taylor coming back and moving MYM to LB do you really want to go through that again?

Its pretty proven that its a shit setup and we have been a much better team for it....

Next you will tell me you want to bench Cisse for Jonas and Anita for Tiote.

He doesn't often lose the ball.... in fact he's one of the best players for ball retention in the entire squad.

I agree he was poor going forward today mind.... also as for Taylor coming back and moving MYM to LB do you really want to go through that again?

Its pretty proven that its a shit setup and we have been a much better team for it....

Next you will tell me you want to bench Cisse for Jonas and Anita for Tiote.

There are no facts in football. [/clough]

Cisse, Debbyand Cabaret all need dropping and like now...I'm tiring of Santon's little frills...But he is sexy so gets a little leeway.

We've bought a dud in Debuchy simple as that, he hasn't heard of the concept of defending and he is nowhere near a good enough attacker to put up with being such a liability. We were better off with Simpson at least he had a vague notion of what defending is.

Santons our best full back, though he's as prone to forgetting how to defend as the rest of them but I'll let him off with being young.

Funnily enough, I seem to recall similar being prematurely said about Colo, Enrique, Darren Peacock and Gary Speed to name but a few.

He always does that cutting inside bullshit and often loses the ball...Led to a goal today as it has done many times in the past...I'd play Yanga there when Taylor is back. We have Remy now with att threat from that area Santon hangs around in fiddling around for ages with all his bullshit...Basically him and Debby do a lot of bullshit in the wrong areas and have a very vague clue about defending...Both total ponces as well.

I agree tbh. Santon's a good footballer, but since he's one footed and can't cross with his left, if you stop him cutting inside, then he's pretty much out of options as an attacking full back. So then you are left with an attacking full back with no end product who isn't that good at defending either.

I'm willing to persevere with Debuchy because I believe and know that he has the ability to be much better than he is showing, but at the same time, he needs to be dropped from the team at this moment. It has been useful to have a better ball player sharing the wing with Ben Arfa, but he is hurting the team on a far too consistent basis with his poor play and petulance. The man has not looked right mentally for some time and needs to fix whatever the hell is wrong.

Santon has been our second best player this season in my opinion. Very solid in the air, rarely beaten in 1 v. 1 situations, and while his final ball has been disappointing at times, we've benefited from his ability and thrust in driving the ball forward. I don't understand vitriol towards him.

Cabaye hasn't been remarkable in either direction. He's put in a lot of effort though, and I think he will improve. The comparisons I've seen to Danny Guthrie elsewhere are nonsensical.

I'm willing to persevere with Debuchy because I believe and know that he has the ability to be much better than he is showing, but at the same time, he needs to be dropped from the team at this moment. It has been useful to have a better ball player sharing the wing with Ben Arfa, but he is hurting the team on a far too consistent basis with his poor play and petulance. The man has not looked right mentally for some time and needs to fix whatever the hell is wrong.

Santon has been our second best player this season in my opinion. Very solid in the air, rarely beaten in 1 v. 1 situations, and while his final ball has been disappointing at times, we've benefited from his ability and thrust in driving the ball forward. I don't understand vitriol towards him.

Cabaye hasn't been remarkable in either direction. He's put in a lot of effort though, and I think he will improve. The comparisons I've seen to Danny Guthrie elsewhere are nonsensical.

On what basis is Debuchy better than he is showing? Because he did well in the french league? Thats a poor league and getting poorer by the second outside of the artificial clubs of PSG and Monaco. Because he's a French international? Thats not much of a reference these days.

The problem with Cabaye is he doesn't want to be here so why the hell would he put much effort in.

On what basis is Debuchy better than he is showing? Because he did well in the french league? Thats a poor league and getting poorer by the second outside of the artificial clubs of PSG and Monaco. Because he's a French international? Thats not much of a reference these days.

The problem with Cabaye is he doesn't want to be here so why the hell would he put much effort in.

Because I watched him several times and he could run, hold a position, put a cross in, and make proper decisions. I know people have decided amongst themselves that the French league is poor, but I don't believe it is the step up in class to Hull City that is making an accomplished footballer play like he has taken poorly cut hallucinogenic drugs.

Because I watched him several times and he could run, hold a position, put a cross in, and make proper decisions. I know people have decided amongst themselves that the French league is poor, but I don't believe it is the step up in class to Hull City that is making an accomplished footballer play like he has taken poorly cut hallucinogenic drugs.

At times he panics, like he's not used to the Premiership yet. The pace is that bit faster and he needs to concentrate that much harder in order not to be out of position.

I think in English football, full backs are often faced with opponents running straight at them, whereas on the continent they're more inclined to pass their way round a defence. I suspect that Debuchy is still getting used to that.

Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that he'll adjust. It's a test of him mentally as well as physically.