The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

They are a weird club to manage I think. They’ve done a lot well building commercially but still lack identity. They sacked their most successful manager of recent times in Poch. Tried two brute force managers in Mou and Conte and one failed ‘Project’ manager in Nuno. It’s unclear where they go from here. Would. Poch round 2 work? Who knows.

Pochettino would be mad to go back IMO. Not only do their star players not have it in them to play his pressing football there's a pretty large chance it all goes south with the fans if he doesn't do owt.

28 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

You feel they’d make a play a Silva if Conte goes. Feels like they will try and get Poch back though.

I am fairly confident they will try and get Poch back. I also read some reports that Simeone is stepping down at the end of the season and Luis Enrique and Poch are the top of the list at Atletico Madrid. Again these are from random reports.

Di Zerbi or a genuine forward thinking manager from abroad.

Levy has been a brilliant Leader for Spurs but he's unimaginative in his manager hires. He's hired 3 ex-Chelsea managers over the last 10/12 years iirc.

Roman had some misses. But Mourinho, Ancelotti, Hiddink the first time, Conte, Tuchel.... even the smoking dude was an interesting choice. AVB. Like they take the gamble.

Tottenham are in danger of becoming a poisoned chalice but just like Man Utd did, it will take someone special to create a regular winning mentality and a basic togetherness throughout the club.

I think the problem with Tottenham may be with Levy.

You can have all the best managers but they need to be allowed to do exactly that.

If you put your trust in a manager than ensure the manager has the full backing to the best of the ability of what the club can offer.

I just feel there's too much input from the top and Levy as a big part of it.

The best fit was allowed to go for whatever reasons. Pocchettino.

No manager has touched what he's done for the club for one hell of a long time.

It may be well worth a return for him.

On 08/03/2023 at 21:08, rgk_lfc said:

“Parker (42) was announced as the new head coach of Club Brugge on 31 December last year. The English ex-international previously worked for Fulham and Bournemouth and replaced Carl Hoefkens at the club. In 12 games, the Briton could only win two times.”

I am getting the feeling they weren't that impressed with Parker. 

not like parker to be unable to turn things around at a reasonable speed..

On 10/03/2023 at 09:47, GeordieDazzler said:

Spurs should have won the title in the Leicester City season the fact they didn’t was massively damaging for them I think. Hard to shift the also ran mentality for them.

They were never remotely close or looked like winning the title that season to be fair , it’s always been held up as some sort of Spurs title challenge but it never was and they were never winning it .

Finished 3rd in a 2 horse race. 

They were never winning the league that year. People just expected Leicester to collapse. 

Leicester won the league with 84ish points. I think both Ole and Jose got close to that. 

Arsenal could’ve won the league that year. But they capitulated after a last minute winner against Leicester in like Jan or Feb iirc 

37 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think people are being far too harsh far too early with Parker. He has a lot to learn but I think he's possibly got something and he's young.

You’re better than this, mate. [emoji38]