The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

5 hours ago, The Bonk said:

The players look lethargic when I've watched them. Palace are usually good for an upset or two a season against tougher opposition. They've had a single shot on goal in the last 5 matches or something like that. Parker would instil a bit of fight in them that's been missing and has a track record of promotion if Palace do go down. Could be a good fit for both of them. 

I don't ever recall a single interesting match Vs Palace. Paper planes is the best I recall, and that was only because the football was so eye wateringly painfully dull from both sides 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

A sacking is only as good as the manager they replace them with. If they really are going for Hodgson then sacking Vieira is a mental decision imo.

You would imagine Roy would only be to the end of the season surely? A "safe" pair of hands to guide them to safety.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

You would imagine Roy would only be to the end of the season surely? A "safe" pair of hands to guide them to safety.

It just doesn't really make much sense imo. He's a manager that comes in and organises teams with poor defences so they're hard to beat. Palace are kind of already that team, their problem is up front. He's surely completely past it now as well.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

It just doesn't really make much sense imo. He's a manager that comes in and organises teams with poor defences so they're hard to beat. Palace are kind of already that team, their problem is up front. He's surely completely past it now as well.

I agree with that to be honest, I think sacking Viera was the wrong thing in general, while their form is dire, they've had a absolute shit run of games, and after Arsenal have a run of games with against teams around them, and I'd have backed Viera to turn it around.

21 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

I don't ever recall a single interesting match Vs Palace. Paper planes is the best I recall, and that was only because the football was so eye wateringly painfully dull from both sides 

Beat Spurs 3-0 season before last, gave Everton a good beating (hardly relevant, but miles ahead of where they currently sit), have some decent draws against the 'top 6'. I'm just saying they haven't really looked this hopeless for a while. 

2 hours ago, woody said:

I feel very out of the loop on the Viera stuff. I honestly thought he was doing a good job up until I checked out their results.

Exactly....Palace are the most invisible team in the league....never challenging for the top, never really far away from the bottom. 

Somewhat like us under Ashley...happy to exist but no danger to the "big" clubs

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Even though he’s not actually saying things that are false, it’s always amazing how emotional he gets at results like today’s. Just can’t control himself at all after them 

The literal opposite of Wor Eddie.