The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

1 hour ago, Erikse said:

"Terrible manager complains about being treated as a terrible manager"

Some unsuccessful people really love playing the victim..

Wish he'd just fuck off forever, the disgusting waste of space. Cunt of a bloke.

1 minute ago, SiLvOR said:

Wish he'd just fuck off forever, the disgusting waste of space. Cunt of a bloke.

This interview is so one sided, literally ignoring many key parts of the criticism. Funny how Jordan always accuse everyone else of having biases, then delivers highly biased interviews like this. Wasn't he the one who were having a go at Piers Morgan because he wasn't being critical enough with Ronaldo in his interview?

Now Simon Jordan is saying that it was just a media narrative that Steve Bruce played bad football with dinosaur tactics, and that the only reason we liked Benitez more was because he dared to challenge Ashley. Oh, and by the way, lets bring up the difference in spending between Howe and Bruce, while also ignoring the difference in spending between Bruce and Benitez.[emoji38]

Simon Jordan talking like a Newcastle expert when he clearly didn't even watch our games under Bruce.. Just making assumptions and present them as facts, while creating false narratives himself.. Honestly most people in here could be doing punditry better than these lot, the level is just really low..

Edited by Erikse

44 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Now Simon Jordan is saying that it was just a media narrative that Steve Bruce played bad football with dinosaur tactics, and that the only reason we liked Benitez more was because he dared to challenge Ashley. Oh, and by the way, lets bring up the difference in spending between Howe and Bruce, while also ignoring the difference in spending between Bruce and Benitez.[emoji38]

Simon Jordan talking like a Newcastle expert when he clearly didn't even watch our games under Bruce.. Just making assumptions and present them as facts, while creating false narratives himself.. Honestly most people in here could be doing punditry better than these lot, the level is just really low..

As much as I’m hated for saying it - he’s not wrong. Benitez played arguably worse football

8 minutes ago, tgarve said:

As much as I’m hated for saying it - he’s not wrong. Benitez played arguably worse football

I don't know. I remember stats saying we were 20th in the league in both chances created and chances against under Bruce. A miracle we stayed up, and in the last full season we played way better after Graeme Jones came in, and went from 19th to 13th or something like that. Never seen a Bruce team play like that. Coincidence? Right before this we had parked the bus against Sheffield United, giving them their first win of the season (halfway through), just inviting them into our box the entire game.

Edited by Erikse

2 minutes ago, tgarve said:

:lol: such bollocks man, just total rubbish. Even if it was true, which it isn't by a long shot, it completely ignores the context. Literally the only argument you can make in favour of that position is that ASM existed when Bruce was manager, which of course he had nothing to do with.

There was the odd bit of backs to the wall stuff under Rafa but the team was drilled properly and had tactical definition. We won the Championship scoring 100 goals in the process and there was some really nice stuff in the two second halves of each respective PL season. There was a sign of a team making progress on the pitch, despite everything. Meanwhile under Bruce we were on a downward curve from the word go which was seriously accelerating by the time he left. 

It's hilarious how Bruce, or anyone defending him, will point to his apparent achievements re keeping us up when it took an Eddie Howe miracle to prevent us from a Bruce-manufactured relegation. 

It's amusing also that Jordan would say we only preferred Rafa cos he challenged Ashley. :lol: Er, yeah - that was a big part of it, aye. Bravo on not understanding the context if you're using that as a defence of Bruce. 

15 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Both styles of play weren’t easy on the eye. Benitez’s at least was organised. 

bruce’s was an absolute mess and the game plan evolved mainly around giving it to ASM and hope he can conjure up some magic. We scored less and conceded more under Bruce. Not sure how that’s better than the bloke he replaced. 

Pragmatic football as you build something is perfectly acceptable. When I watched us under Rafa it wasn’t always pretty but I felt the team had a plan and a project that most of the players bought into. 

Bruceball just felt like floating from match to match hoping we’d get positive result or that the tactic of defend deep and pass to Maxi would work. 

20 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Bruceball just felt like floating from match to match hoping we’d get positive result or that the tactic of defend deep and pass to Maxi would work. 

And when that didnt work - he'd sub off the midfield and bring on all the forwards on the bench.

27 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Pragmatic football as you build something is perfectly acceptable. When I watched us under Rafa it wasn’t always pretty but I felt the team had a plan and a project that most of the players bought into. 

I think people deliberately forget the last six months of Rafa's time with us too. 

I kind of don't care that much anymore, but Simon Jordan is getting on my nerves. Having strong opinions about things he doesn't have a clue about, making assumptions, and talking as if he's an expert. At the same time as he attacks other people for seemingly having agendas and biases, not getting facts straight, and mindlessly swallowing media narratives. Which is exactly what he is doing in this case. The least you should expect is for him to get his facts straight, or do some basic fact checking.

Edited by Erikse

25 minutes ago, Erikse said:

I kind of don't care that much anymore, but Simon Jordan is getting on my nerves. Having strong opinions about things he doesn't have a clue about, making assumptions, and talking as if he's an expert. At the same time as he attacks other people for seemingly having agendas and biases, not getting facts straight, and mindlessly swallowing media narratives. Which is exactly what he is doing in this case. The least you should expect is for him to get his facts straight, or do some basic fact checking.

He had strong opinions during the takeover and he constantly said under no circumstances would it ever happen, his back tracking afterwards was embarrassing 

45 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Because his fans tend to be rabid racists who don’t like anything that isn’t a full English breakfast, and spending the day sitting in the pub, he gets away with a lot of stuff because ‘He tells the truth’.

In all honesty he speaks a lot of business sense, and his ideas like the Premier League Netflix, which I shared on here before he came out with it on the radio is a good idea and ultimately where we will end up, not matter how long the Premier League drag their heels.

Other than that though he’s just mouthpiece of someone who likes and inflates his own opinion too much, combined with liking the idea of winding people up. For example he’s recently been liking Ange Postecoglou’s hoop and saying ‘I have always been a fan of his’. This despite him being on the radio 2 years ago when he was first rumoured to be going to Celtic saying Celtic were making a big mistake and that they were getting a manager from a league where Robbie Fowler is a manager.

This goes completely unchallenged.

As others have said, it’s rich of him to claim that others have an agenda when whenever the topic of someone he doesn’t like comes up, he always starts off by saying ‘despite my opinions of them’ etc. on top of that his girlfriend has made a political career out of making an agenda.

Edited by Stifler