The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Surely Steve Cooper or Rob Edwards for the Leicester job? Heard they want the West Brom manager though. If you were picking a manager who failed promotion, i'd go with Rosenior.

Five year contract for Maresca at Chelsea so a nice four year pay out for him this time next year when they bin him! Mental cases them lot! 

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Five year contract for Maresca at Chelsea so a nice four year pay out for him this time next year when they bin him! Mental cases them lot! 

He must be a good coach because of his record with Pep and TBF he sorted out a relegated Leicester in quick time which resulted in them hitting the ground running last season. But I can't see how Chelsea don't fuck him over with daft transfers and forcing tactics on him.

24 minutes ago, Ben said:

He must be a good coach because of his record with Pep and TBF he sorted out a relegated Leicester in quick time which resulted in them hitting the ground running last season. But I can't see how Chelsea don't fuck him over with daft transfers and forcing tactics on him.

True but the Leicester fans don’t seem arsed at all about him going! 

Chelsea must have spent an absolutely outrageous amount on compensation to recruit and pay-offs over the years! A random figure I’d guess at is about £200m and that’s probably understated! 

Just now, Paully said:

True but the Leicester fans don’t seem arsed at all about him going! 

Chelsea must have spent an absolutely outrageous amount on compensation to recruit and pay-offs over the years! A random figure I’d guess at is about £200m and that’s probably understated! 

I can’t even remember all their managers now post-Mourinho Round 1 so that’s a fairly damning critique. It’s also all the back room staff getting hired and fired too that ramps it up.

24 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I can’t even remember all their managers now post-Mourinho Round 1 so that’s a fairly damning critique. It’s also all the back room staff getting hired and fired too that ramps it up.

Just Googled it and found this - so I think my £200m guess will be about right! Mental!

Chelsea’s appointment of Graham Potter as their new head coach is likely to cost around £22m after agreeing a compensation package with Brighton. It means that the Blues have now spent a whopping £156.9m on manager costs over the past 15 years, solely relating to compensation paid out to clubs and managers to appoint and sack them.

6 minutes ago, 54 said:

So, Jose is official washed then? 

Has been for a while.

That said if he starts bouncing around lesser leagues still winning titles then good on him.

5 year contract is nuts, basically giving a relatively unproven manager the option of retiring after 6 months with financial security for the rest of his life.

9 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Jose making a career out of being a WUM for the last decade will set him up well over there [emoji38]

At this stage he's probably got more money than most owners