The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

On 20/06/2023 at 22:31, LV said:

Souey did just that on there this lunchtime.

’He doesn’t know our football, he doesn’t know our league’ :lol:

I love how these PFMs say this unthinkingly, yet forget that an Englishman hasn't won the title since the PL breakaway

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I love how these PFMs say this unthinkingly, yet forget that an Englishman hasn't won the title since the PL breakaway

The fella even managed abroad himself. :lol:

Did he know the Turkish league?? 

On 21/06/2023 at 00:31, LV said:

Souey did just that on there this lunchtime.

’He doesn’t know our football, he doesn’t know our league’ :lol:

Souness can get in the sea. Or he can get others to get in the sea for him and take all the credit, he's got form in that area

Edited by elbee909

19 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Is that CM 01/02 legend Mike Duff?

The very one. Had a fairly quick rise as a manager. L2 to Champ via a different L1 club in two seasons.

I'm so confused. I swear I'd already heard he was staying on days after the season finished, then I read they were targeting someone else and now he is staying?

Fingers crossed they meet in the middle and plump for a classic co-manager clusterfuck. 

7 hours ago, LFEE said:

Stop the merry go…

I feel for Vieira. They were not playing particularly poorly, it was the run of tough games. Only for this mummy to take over as the schedule improved and they played bottom teams mostly.

8 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

I feel for Vieira. They were not playing particularly poorly, it was the run of tough games. Only for this mummy to take over as the schedule improved and they played bottom teams mostly.

Not playing particularly poorly?  I'm sure they didn't have a shot on target for a good while during those games.

You may be right. I only watched them here and there in the background. I don't think they were better with Hodgson, at the very least they didn't change style of play. It just delivered better results because of quality of opponents.

I'll dig out a comparison i saw at the time Vieira got sacked. 

3 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

Not playing particularly poorly?  I'm sure they didn't have a shot on target for a good while during those games.

They became the first club in Premier League history to fail to register a shot on target in three consecutive games (Liverpool, Villa & Man City admittedly) just before he got sacked.