The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

tbf Southgate and Pearce at least have the UEFA Pro Licence. Sherwood is still studying for his, as is Sol Campbell.

I thought you had to have that licence before you could even manage in the PL?

That's supposed to be the case but they've granted exceptions in the past if you're actually in the middle of the course - think it takes quite a while to do the whole thing.

Lambert did his in Germany.

Clearly, his German isn't up to much, as he didn't learn a great deal.

British football management is a joke top to bottom. At this rate Alan Pardew has a genuine chance of becoming the next England football manager. The frontrunner's CV consists entirely of a part-time coaching job and impressing as a TV pundit.

What did Gareth Southgate do to get the Villa or England U21 job? What did Pearce do to earn his jobs?

As I keep saying on here, there's a sort of Yo Sushi style conveyor belt of shitness in English football, going round and round, with managers who have achieved nothing hopping on and off and picking up immense amounts of money, and getting jobs which really should be going to significantly better managers, only to get sacked a year later and hop back on the belt.

Bruce, Pardew, Redknapp (FFS), Pearce the likes of those.

Guest John Carvery

The huge absence of black managers is clear reason enough to demonstrate both that discrimination is happening, and this happens without anyone being a mad racist discriminating purely on people's skin, but on a series of prejudices that starts from black players assuming that they can't make it in coaching so not even trying through to black managers struggling to get enough experience that they then can't get jobs at the top level because there are already so many white coaches moving about and upwards.

:thup:

Could not disagree more. Football cares solely about money and trophies. They will use players and managers of any colour to achieve that aim.

Total nonsense.

The huge absence of black managers is clear reason enough to demonstrate both that discrimination is happening, and this happens without anyone being a mad racist discriminating purely on people's skin, but on a series of prejudices that starts from black players assuming that they can't make it in coaching so not even trying through to black managers struggling to get enough experience that they then can't get jobs at the top level because there are already so many white coaches moving about and upwards.

Football cares solely about money and trophies

Quick edit for you there. Look at the teams clubs field in the FAC, and the attendances watching them, for an example of that.

Your username just made me laugh quite a lot. Excellent work.

Guest John Carvery

Some teams do care about trophies! I'm sick of hearing and watching Sol campbell struggle to get his words out with his silly accusations. No team on the planet will give you a job by trying to use the race card. I suggest the reason why he hasn't gone into management is because he is a bit of a wierdo.

Some teams do care about trophies! I'm sick of hearing and watching Sol campbell struggle to get his words out with his silly accusations. No team on the planet will give you a job by trying to use the race card. I suggest the reason why he hasn't gone into management is because he is a bit of a wierdo.

ones at the top do sure but even then do you think Chelsea or Mourinhio will give a shit about winning the league cup (if they do) if they cock up the league and go out to psg in the champions league?

Guest John Carvery

ones at the top do sure but even then do you think Chelsea or Mourinhio will give a s*** about winning the league cup (if they do) if they cock up the league and go out to psg in the champions league?

But they are interested in the Prem and the CL? They are trophies.

ones at the top do sure but even then do you think Chelsea or Mourinhio will give a s*** about winning the league cup (if they do) if they cock up the league and go out to psg in the champions league?

ones which offer a lot more money

Guest John Carvery

Yes i take your point that the league and fa cup are worth fuck all financially but I honestly believe they would want to be the Champions of Europe on merit as well

Yes i take your point that the league and fa cup are worth fuck all financially but I honestly believe they would want to be the Champions of Europe on merit as well

it helps but if hypothetically the champions league was a purely prestige tournament or only had fa cup levels of cash on offer then they wouldn't give a shit about it.

Guest John Carvery

Yes i take your point that the league and fa cup are worth f*** all financially but I honestly believe they would want to be the Champions of Europe on merit as well

it helps but if hypothetically the champions league was a purely prestige tournament or only had fa cup levels of cash on offer then they wouldn't give a s*** about it.

Probably because of the need to raise ridiculous amounts of money to buy the best players. It's a vicious circle with Sky in the middle and if it collapses football will be finished.

Could not disagree more. Football cares solely about money and trophies. They will use players and managers of any colour to achieve that aim.

Total nonsense.

This post is incredibly silly. You can say the same thing for politics or the business world. But we've seen in large corporations women and ethnic minorities under-represented in positions of power. And not for a lack of qualifications. Again - what constitutes a leader, strategic acumen can be changed by your own internal bias subconsciously.

Someone else posted it. But the role of a football manager and his skills are highly subjective. Pearce, Southgate & Sherwood for example all got their first taste as untested and inexperienced managers in the PL. No real tangible CV to land those roles.

Guest John Carvery

Total nonsense.

This post is incredibly silly. You can say the same thing for politics or the business world. But we've seen in large corporations women and ethnic minorities under-represented in positions of power. And not for a lack of qualifications. Again - what constitutes a leader, strategic acumen can be changed by your own internal bias subconsciously.

Someone else posted it. But the role of a football manager and his skills are highly subjective. Pearce, Southgate & Sherwood for example all got their first taste as untested and inexperienced managers in the PL. No real tangible CV to land those roles.

We can argue until were blue in he face you would never know for sure either way. FYI I wouldn't employ any woman in a position of power because they continually lose power to men.

Total nonsense.

We can argue until were blue in he face you would never know for sure either way. FYI I wouldn't employ any woman in a position of power because they continually lose power to men.

The fuck?

Total nonsense.

Aye aye, John Leslie's had a malibu.

Can't be bothered to go back and find the relevant posts to quote, but the reason there are so few good black managers is because they're not getting given the chance to become good managers.  It's not a Premier League problem, the opportunities are just not there at any level of the game, so it's not as simple as them just needing to get experience in the lower leagues.

It's exactly the same as the situation in the NFL before the Rooney Rule.  Black coaches could barely get a job before, but since the opportunities became available, two of them have won Superbowls.

Can't be bothered to go back and find the relevant posts to quote, but the reason there are so few good black managers is because they're not getting given the chance to become good managers.  It's not a Premier League problem, the opportunities are just not there at any level of the game, so it's not as simple as them just needing to get experience in the lower leagues.

It's exactly the same as the situation in the NFL before the Rooney Rule.  Black coaches could barely get a job before, but since the opportunities became available, two of them have won Superbowls.

http://media.giphy.com/media/TWhOmZ783UrwA/giphy.gif