The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

I don't know about Palace but he turned down West Brom because they didn't want to implement his ideas for building a club philosophy from the ground up. Horrible club in a knackered part of the country anyway.

Can you elaborate on this? What did he want to do?

TBF to Sherwood if he's waited that long and ends up with this it's come up golden for him. Would imagine it's nye on impossible to do a poorer job than Lambert at Villa - they have a decent spine to the team, no worse than ours probably.

If they appoint Sherwood, then to be honest, that's me finished with this club, at least until Lerner fucks off elsewhere.

Absolutely fucking brainless.

Strangely, over the last month or two on a few occasions, fans have posted pics of Sherwood at our games. It almost sounds like they're been actively grooming him.

Which would be like plying Sonia from Eastenders with champagne all night in order to try to get in her knickers.

Genuinely don't think Sherwood would be that bad of an appointment  :dontknow:

I was expecting you to do a lot worse

I watched our League and European Cup winning team get turned into a relegated side in six seasons. Mostly it was Ellis's fault, but to a large extend it was down to Graham Turner and Billy *spit* Fucking McNeill.

When I see Sherwood I think of the arrogance of McNeill compared with the "out of his depth cluelessness" of Graham Turner.

@SamWallaceIndy  9m9 minutes ago

Tim Sherwood currently the only manager under consideration by AVFC. No deal yet but could be in place for Stoke game http://goo.gl/3z7hhi

so how long until he rules himself out?

Seconds, I hope.

On the bright side, if he turned down QPR over personal terms, I seriously doubt he's going to like Randy's idea of largesse better than Tony Fernandes's

@SamWallaceIndy  9m9 minutes ago

Tim Sherwood currently the only manager under consideration by AVFC. No deal yet but could be in place for Stoke game http://goo.gl/3z7hhi

so how long until he rules himself out?

Seconds, I hope.

On the bright side, if he turned down QPR over personal terms, I seriously doubt he's going to like Randy's idea of largesse better than Tony Fernandes's

him going to villa right now wouldn't make much sense to me tbh unless he knows for certain Lerner is selling at the end of the season, otherwise he's walking into a job where he's not given much in the way of resources at all

The black manager thing will never go away. It isn't an issue, no one (in this scenario) is going to say no to a person on their skin colour. You aren't going to appoint someone worse to look after your multimillion pound investment because of colour. You appoint the best person you can attract, the best fit, the most experienced or the cheapest, depending on your angle.

If this were true, no one ever would have appointed Souness or Pardew. They look at some extremely vaguely defined qualities of 'leadership' (a white man), 'tactical nous' (a white man) and Englishness (a white man), not anything genuine (difficult to define). It's extremely difficult to hire the right person, even more the right leader, so they go with their gut feeling, which is based on prejudice and usually wrong.

I watched our League and European Cup winning team get turned into a relegated side in six seasons. Mostly it was Ellis's fault, but to a large extend it was down to Graham Turner and Billy *spit* f***ing McNeill.

When I see Sherwood I think of the arrogance of McNeill compared with the "out of his depth cluelessness" of Graham Turner.

Graham Turner :lol: is one of the most over rated managers ever, I could never understand the hype because of what he did at Shrewsbury, I hated him.  I couldn't believe it when you appointed him.

The black manager thing will never go away. It isn't an issue, no one (in this scenario) is going to say no to a person on their skin colour. You aren't going to appoint someone worse to look after your multimillion pound investment because of colour. You appoint the best person you can attract, the best fit, the most experienced or the cheapest, depending on your angle.

If this were true, no one ever would have appointed Souness or Pardew. They look at some extremely vaguely defined qualities of 'leadership' (a white man), 'tactical nous' (a white man) and Englishness (a white man), not anything genuine (difficult to define). It's extremely difficult to hire the right person, even more the right leader, so they go with their gut feeling, which is based on prejudice and usually wrong.

Just because the appointment is wrong, doesn't mean its due to racism. The owners at the time felt they went for the right person, their skin colour had no impact on those decisions to appoint. Race doesn't come in to it and hasn't for a few decades. I couldn't say that was the case before the sky era, but certainly in the last two decades it hasn't been about race.

The only place racism really exists in football is in the stands, it rears its ugly head on the pitch time to time, and once in a blue moon at any kind of competent board room level. That's really the point i am trying to make here. It's nothing to do with prejudice and everything to do with the shallow pool of talented black managers that influences the numbers, same goes with English managers in general in the top flight.

It's almost like certain camps are saying a black manager with 5 cup wins, 2 league titles and a 70% win ratio can't get a job over average joe simply down to his skin colour, when in reality every club who stood a chance would be after him. Just like the modern day player, no one gives a fuck about skin colour bar the very limited few knuckle heads that exists in all corners of the world, chances are, they didn't make millions and own a football club or have any real say at boardroom level.

The talented black English football manager is none existent, who's fault is that? We can barely scrape together a decent English manager full stop.

I watched our League and European Cup winning team get turned into a relegated side in six seasons. Mostly it was Ellis's fault, but to a large extend it was down to Graham Turner and Billy *spit* f***ing McNeill.

Graham Turner :lol: is one of the most over rated managers ever, I could never understand the hype because of what he did at Shrewsbury, I hated him.  I couldn't believe it when you appointed him.

He became player-manager for the Shrews in the 1978–79 season, the same year the club sealed the Third Division championship. Shrewsbury ultimately spent ten seasons in the Second Division and Turner twice led them to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup. He ended his playing career in 1983, and left Shrewsbury after six seasons to take charge of Aston Villa in the summer of 1984.

:lol: WTF, did they get him on the strength of Shrewsbury having a couple of FA Cup runs while treading water in the second tier?