The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

If Froggy didn’t come on here with patronising dribble about OGS not spending money, that the reason they’re not doing well is because of the lack of crowds, that it’s all the Glazers fault, that you can clearly see what OGS is trying to do etc etc, then maybe people wouldn’t nibble so much. The fact that there is legitimate talk about him being sacked means that the owners can see what Froggy himself can’t- that there is no plan, no discipline, completely inconsistent results, and he’s getting nowhere near enough out of a billion pound squad.

I'm not convinced on Ole, but this is a tad harsh.  :lol:

Was there no plan when they went 14 games unbeaten at end of Premier League last season? They've recently won 10 out of 10 away games - all luck was it?

No, it wasn’t luck. They’ve spent (including OGS) nigh on a billion pounds in transfer fees. Their infrastructure is world class. As Froggy states, they’re the biggest and alleged best club in the world. Whoever manages them would get a good run together at some point. However, in 100 games, he’s had both good runs and bad, and has done nothing of any note permanence to suggest he deserves the job. Even ex colleagues and players are disputing whether he should still be there and how long to give him. I think Froggy sees things from red tinted glasses, that’s all. I apologise to Froggy- I really don’t want to come across as a prick here, and I’m sorry if what I’ve posted seems that way.

The owners don't care about a plan or discipline. They care about money. There is no legitimate talk about Ole being sacked except from Samuel Luckhurst, who has never got a thing right with the club and is one of the worst sources going. Saying the Glazers aren't at fault for the state of Man United is like saying Ashley isn't at fault for the state Newcastle is in. It's simply not true.

Like Samptime says, 14 games unbeaten last year, two semi finals, and finished third. The away win against PSG broke the club record for away wins with 10. The previous record was 9, set by Ole.

All of a sudden after 6 league games there's no hope? (I assume the league is the focus, because we're through in the cup and are top of a difficult CL group).

Hasn't he also got the best we've ever seen out of Rashford and Martial? And also brought Greenwood through well last season.

Pogba is the one guy really letting him down right now and the central defenders are bad, and we're not improved upon, which he wanted I believe.

Rashford and Martial both had their best seasons by far under Ole. Fred and McTominay have also been brilliant under him. Matic has had a resurgence and got a new deal.

Maguire is a balloon. He wasn't an Ole signing. Ole wanted Upamecano and Sancho if good sources are to be believed. Obviously everyone wants Sancho and Upamecano, so it's not a revelation for Ole to be interested in them but they both had a price and we went elsewhere. I don't think Ole even wanted Van de Beek given how little he's played him.

I believe Lindelof is a good player but no matter who plays beside Maguire they get isolated and look awful. Tuanzebe went from having Mbappe in his pocket partnering Lindelof and Shaw to looking like a school child against Demba Ba when partnering Maguire.

Ole makes plenty of mistakes like. Pogba shouldn't be near the team.

Joey already mentioned it but you could make an argument that a team like Dortmund maybe gains a percentage from the crowd, but they are doing great this season.

Dortmund have had fans in the ground for their home games this season. Said the same to Joey. It has indeed benefitted them. Have friends in Dortmund, they think it's massive. Obviously our fans can't be compared to Dortmunds, but the principle is the same.

Newcastle was probably a bad example as half the fans in the ground don't even want to be there.

It was 9% though, and I think they've been banned again. I don't think the principle is the same, I don't think fans in stadiums has as much effect as people think. West Ham better, Us better, Sunderland better, Southampton better, Villa better, correltaion is not causation I think its more likely those teams got better, and you got worse. The fans thing is always overplayed, we've been blamed for our team being shite for fucking years lol

I genuinely think the season is fucked. It's not an excuse for us to be as shit as we have been in the league, but Liverpool losing 7-2. City aren't far ahead of us. It's a weird one.

Reports will be coming thick and fast about Poch now anyway. Ole has a couple of weeks to save his job. I'll be gutted to see him go but as I said above he's done more for the club than any of our managers post Fergie. It's not all about trophies.

It is about trophies mate, when you are Man U. If he's done such a brilliant job then yous should keep him so he can go on doing a brilliant job. Why sack a good manager and bring in someone else then? He's either up to the job or not.

I get that he done a repair job for morale after Jose took his customary wrecking ball to the team, but being the players best friend will only get you so far, and we are speaking from experience here. When you want to win trophies you need a manager who won't accept anything but the best, and that's where Jose and Solskjaer's difference in mentality shows. Jose might be past it now, but you can't argue with his record. 

Everton away? Tough one.

Do they still have their same players out? If so, they should win. If they’re still out and he loses, he deserves the chop.

James and Coleman are 50/50 according to PhysioRoom. Richarlison is still suspended.

Joey already mentioned it but you could make an argument that a team like Dortmund maybe gains a percentage from the crowd, but they are doing great this season.

Dortmund have had fans in the ground for their home games this season. Said the same to Joey. It has indeed benefitted them. Have friends in Dortmund, they think it's massive. Obviously our fans can't be compared to Dortmunds, but the principle is the same.

Newcastle was probably a bad example as half the fans in the ground don't even want to be there.

It was 9% though, and I think they've been banned again. I don't think the principle is the same, I don't think fans in stadiums has as much effect as people think. West Ham better, Us better, Sunderland better, Southampton better, Villa better, correltaion is not causation I think its more likely those teams got better, and you got worse. The fans thing is always overplayed, we've been blamed for our team being shite for fucking years lol

I genuinely think the season is fucked. It's not an excuse for us to be as shit as we have been in the league, but Liverpool losing 7-2. City aren't far ahead of us. It's a weird one.

Reports will be coming thick and fast about Poch now anyway. Ole has a couple of weeks to save his job. I'll be gutted to see him go but as I said above he's done more for the club than any of our managers post Fergie. It's not all about trophies.

It is about trophies mate, when you are Man U. If he's done such a brilliant job then yous should keep him so he can go on doing a brilliant job. Why sack a good manager and bring in someone else then? He's either up to the job or not.

I get that he done a repair job for morale after Jose took his customary wrecking ball to the team, but being the players best friend will only get you so far, and we are speaking from experience here. When you want to win trophies you need a manager who won't accept anything but the best, and that's where Jose and Solskjaer's difference in mentality shows. Jose might be past it now, but you can't argue with his record. 

Trophies are important, but there are other factors to consider. I don't think Ole has done brilliant, but right up until the start of this season I think he's done a very good job. He's starting to fold a bit now it would appear, but it hasn't been long enough to consider chopping him given what he achieved last year.

We have Everton, West Brom, Southampton and West Ham coming up. We need 10 points there. If there's losses mixed in that the pressure will be high.

They really need more quality in their defence. I don't think their defence is good enough.

Interesting game vs Everton this weekend. Both need a result, intrigued to see how it pans out.

Mad when you consider they’ve spent about £200m on it. :lol:

Wan-Bissaka is great and I think Lindelof just needs the right partner. Maguire for £80m is one of the worst signings in the clubs history. One of Ole's biggest mistakes was giving him the captaincy, and he clearly regrets it. It's clear on the pitch Bruno is the captain anyway.

I defended Maguire for so long, but he is good in the air and that is it.

Must be after a new job, he's done the full circuit with interviews.

You obviously didn't the article, did you? He's ok but still recovering.

Not the first time you've misjudged him; I remember your presumption that he was a Brexiter and your surprise when you found out that he wasn't! Silly to think that just because he is a PFM (although he probably isn't!).

Also, I wonder what his motive here: https://www.ucfb.ac.uk/news/ucfb-news-hub/nigel-pearson-on-the-importance-of-mental-health-support/

Yeah, he might have called a journalist an ostrich (possibly justified!) and grabbed a player by the neck and shirt, but I don't think there was necessarily any malice in it.

I hesitate to bring it back to Ole, but I thought I’d offer a different perspective.

Toon fans watch Bruceball and see shite football. They see chaos and bewilderment. And then they hear commentators say “Bruce is doing a great job”. And fans of other clubs saying “Why are you complaining, you’re getting the results”. And we get mad, because we know our club, and we know our man.

When Bruce came in, we heeded the words of brummie, because he knew his erstwhile man.

So maybe cut Froggy a little slack and accept that perhaps he knows his club better than us, or maybe knows what’s important for his club at this time? Besides, if Ole is really so terrible and Froggy is deluded, what’s the joy in pointing it out over and over and over? Just laugh at the shite results when they happen and smile in self satisfaction. Baiting the lone Man U fan is a bit tedious...

Come on a Toon board to moan about how bad your owners are, about how you don’t spend money, about your poor results being the product of having no crowds, stating the current manager has changed the culture, and how your ‘biggest and best’ club in the world can buy any players they want even over Real Madrid....despite your owner spending a billion pounds on transfers, despite your owners employing world class managers, despite your infrastructure being world class, despite every other team having zero crowds, despite former players and colleagues saying they can’t see any difference in consistency....and expect not to get pelters? It’s not abuse, but don’t be coming here and giving out crap, especially when we have been in a FARRRRRR shitter position for the past 13 years. 

The owners don't care about a plan or discipline. They care about money. There is no legitimate talk about Ole being sacked except from Samuel Luckhurst, who has never got a thing right with the club and is one of the worst sources going. Saying the Glazers aren't at fault for the state of Man United is like saying Ashley isn't at fault for the state Newcastle is in. It's simply not true.

Like Samptime says, 14 games unbeaten last year, two semi finals, and finished third. The away win against PSG broke the club record for away wins with 10. The previous record was 9, set by Ole.

All of a sudden after 6 league games there's no hope? (I assume the league is the focus, because we're through in the cup and are top of a difficult CL group).

Hasn't he also got the best we've ever seen out of Rashford and Martial? And also brought Greenwood through well last season.

Pogba is the one guy really letting him down right now and the central defenders are bad, and we're not improved upon, which he wanted I believe.

Rashford and Martial both had their best seasons by far under Ole. Fred and McTominay have also been brilliant under him. Matic has had a resurgence and got a new deal.

Maguire is a balloon. He wasn't an Ole signing. Ole wanted Upamecano and Sancho if good sources are to be believed. Obviously everyone wants Sancho and Upamecano, so it's not a revelation for Ole to be interested in them but they both had a price and we went elsewhere. I don't think Ole even wanted Van de Beek given how little he's played him.

I believe Lindelof is a good player but no matter who plays beside Maguire they get isolated and look awful. Tuanzebe went from having Mbappe in his pocket partnering Lindelof and Shaw to looking like a school child against Demba Ba when partnering Maguire.

Ole makes plenty of mistakes like. Pogba shouldn't be near the team.

I agree 100% with that opening line, which is why I'm surprised you are okay with it. Apart from a brief adulation of Stevie Coppell, I've always hated Man U, and it has always been envy. Emulating their success over the past 30 years is the wildest fantasy of any football fan, now it seems they're happy to just be part of the top 6 and compete with the PL for more money.