The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Ronaldo was one of those who fell completely for Pardew's "suave sophistication" or whatever the fuck they used to call it, back when the Pardew thread had more than a sense of homoerotic undertones.

Happy to say I've always thought he was a complete cunt. Grudging credit is as much as I've ever given him, whereas I did a complete 180 degrees as far as Hughton was concerned. Changed my opinion and then some, the magnificent black-and-white headed man that he is.

Ronaldo was too busy admiring Pardew's handsome profile to pay much attention to his managerial drawbacks from what I remember. Yet here we are, once the silver fox has been deprived of a team set up for him by Hughton he's lost any sort of direction or idea what sort of football he's supposed to be coaching.

Mate, come on, you went to a talk-in and got his autograph or whatever.

Photo and a convo where he said forget about tactics, formations etc. any Pardew side would play liquid football. I called him from the start and did so even when we were riding 'high' in 5th. The man is a fraud and easily our worst manager in the time I've been following us.

That's fine, but we all softened on him and gave him credit.

Guest Howaythetoon

HTT, you definitely want to a talk-in and jumped on the Pardew bandwagon only to leap off after the next game. :lol:

Bull, we had finised 5th and after a talk in I said I'd give him a chance... a few games later and he blew it, back to Pardew out for me.

The reason I was going on about it was because many of us were questioning why we'd swapped Hughton for Pardew when for a considerable time it didn't look like an upgrade at all, however there were a few in early 2011 saying he was indeed an upgrade and was doing a better job than Hughton had, which I completely disagreed with.

The season we finished 5th I think everyone started giving him a break, the results were excellent and performances even started following towards the end of the season.

So fuck if he did man. It's not a competition to see who hates him most/hated him first.

HAHAHA of course it is.

Sorry Ian ;)

http://i62.tinypic.com/2eaqs6h.jpg

Mate, come on, you went to a talk-in and got his autograph or whatever.

Photo and a convo where he said forget about tactics, formations etc. any Pardew side would play liquid football. I called him from the start and did so even when we were riding 'high' in 5th. The man is a fraud and easily our worst manager in the time I've been following us.

That's fine, but we all softened on him and gave him credit.

I remember sticking up for him for the first few games of last season, when he was criticised for going back to 4-4-2 against Spurs and Chelsea and I defended it on the basis that they were exceptional circumstances due to the opposition and that the 4-3-3 with Ba and Ben Arfa wide of Cisse would quickly be back. It was when we got to Villa at home and needed a Ben Arfa screamer to save us against a desperate Villa side that I realised we were back to his status quo.

Hughton had an untarnished record here. Best win percentage in NUFC's history. Cannit take it away from him.

Some people are trying pretty hard mind.

Bit sad innit. We have had enough inept c***s to whinge about over the years rather than bend over backwards to try and put down a decent bloke who did a very good job.

It's a familiar, rather nasty trait amongst our support. Look at the way some of our fans talk about Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer.

This. I just can't understand it, yet they're probably the same people that ask pards for a wave or like him because he's 'passionate' and all that other shit.

The reason I was going on about it was because many of us were questioning why we'd swapped Hughton for Pardew when for a considerable time it didn't look like an upgrade at all, however there were a few in early 2011 saying he was indeed an upgrade and was doing a better job than Hughton had, which I completely disagreed with.

The season we finished 5th I think everyone started giving him a break, the results were excellent and performances even started following towards the end of the season.

Even then the only time I had time for him during that season was those five games. The vast majority of the season was excruciating despite the results.

Who cares anyway, he's clearly a busted flush now and that's what matters. Despite popular opinion it's still legal to change your mind about stuff and be wrong in the past.

PS: Ian and Brett suck monkey balls.

I've had enough of Lambert.

Every ounce of positivity from last season has been drained away in an entire season of utter ineptitude. Yesterday was truly horrific.

What is going through a manager's mind when, losing 2-1 at home to Fulham, he makes a sub on 90 minutes, taking off our only creative player on the day, and replacing him with someone at a club two divisions too high. On 90 fucking minutes.

It's like something happened in August, he's had some sort of a stroke-like traumatic head event, and he's been knocked out of kilter.

This season we have lost 10 home league games already. That is more than in any season since we were formed 140 years ago, including the years pre the formation of the league, when we'd just play friendlies and cups.

Not only that, but we have still got two home league games to go, and last year we managed to lose nine, which in itself was abysmal.

My season ticket price works out at about £130 per win over the last four years. Four fucking years.

When we beat Norwich and then Chelsea recently, that was our first two back to back wins at home since 2009.

Remarkable.

Who cares anyway, he's clearly a busted flush now and that's what matters. Despite popular opinion it's still legal to change your mind about stuff and be wrong in the past.

PS: Ian and Brett suck monkey balls.

Indeed. Although anyone who defended him after November 25th 2012 should be shot out of a cannon.

Every ounce of positivity from last season has been drained away in an entire season of utter ineptitude. Yesterday was truly horrific.

What is going through a manager's mind when, losing 2-1 at home to Fulham, he makes a sub on 90 minutes, taking off our only creative player on the day, and replacing him with someone at a club two divisions too high. On 90 fucking minutes.

It's like something happened in August, he's had some sort of a stroke-like traumatic head event, and he's been knocked out of kilter.

This season we have lost 10 home league games already. That is more than in any season since we were formed 140 years ago, including the years pre the formation of the league, when we'd just play friendlies and cups.

Not only that, but we have still got two home league games to go, and last year we managed to lose nine, which in itself was abysmal.

My season ticket price works out at about £130 per win over the last four years. Four fucking years.

When we beat Norwich and then Chelsea recently, that was our first two back to back wins at home since 2009.

Remarkable.

:pardsgrin:

Remarkable.

Lambert's a classic example of what I said earlier. Absolutely no guarantees with managers.

There was nothing between him and Rodgers two years ago, both had done equally well with unfashionable clubs, finished on the same points total and Norwich actually scored 8 more goals than Rodger's Swansea - and 14 more the previous season in the Championship! Now Lambert's in charge of a turgid and dull Villa side whilst Liverpool are one of the most exciting and ruthless teams to ever play Premier League football.

This is why I don't believe in sticking with a manager out of blind hope, it's too easy to make a mistake that's not necessarily anyone's fault, just a mismatch. You've got to keep rolling the dice if you think you've got the wrong man. Get out early or it can really fuck you.

I was OK with Hughton getting sacked here in some ways as an upgrade would have been good for the club.  To sack him and replace him with our current fraud is beyond belief.

Remarkable.

Is it fair to say that Villa has only a few truly PL-quality players?

Ronaldo was one of those who fell completely for Pardew's "suave sophistication" or whatever the fuck they used to call it, back when the Pardew thread had more than a sense of homoerotic undertones.

Happy to say I've always thought he was a complete cunt. Grudging credit is as much as I've ever given him, whereas I did a complete 180 degrees as far as Hughton was concerned. Changed my opinion and then some, the magnificent black-and-white headed man that he is.

Nail on head.