The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Wiki says he took Lokomotiv Moscow to their worst ever season since the break up of Russia, and couldn't finish ahead of Fenerbahce or Galatasaray in his two seasons at Besiktas. I know that's tough but doesn't seem to inspire. ???

Only finished above them twice in the last 10 years in fairness although it seems like their form dipped massively after the winter break.

I think it's a decent enough fit but like you don't massively rate him.

One of those where they could go top 8 or struggle against relegation. Will be interesting to see what he's like anyway.

Good.

Bielsa would have been excellent for them. Bilic is about their level.

He'll jump up and down on the touchline a bit, spout a load of shite about playing 'the West Ham way', and then finish mid table.

Thank f*** it wasn't Bielsa.

Yep. I was fearing Bielsa to West Ham, Carver to us and Sunderland to get someone decent. None of those have happened :thup:

To be honest Bielsa is a manager I would love to have in my league but not managing my team. Amazing personality and playing style, but things seem to unravel rather quickly for him.

Aye but you support a team that have just won the treble, FFS.

Yeah, thought they'd aim for someone more established after opting against Allardyce. Quite surprised actually. Bit of a risk this one.

especially with them going into the olympic stadium after this coming season

It's unlikely but I wouldn't say their squad is good. No functioning forwards and an average midfield at best, without Song.

Hmmm ... I think Allardyce's horrid football completely wasted Ener Valencia. Also have Sakho who looked decent too. Big Andy is injury prone though, so that's an issue.

It's unlikely but I wouldn't say their squad is good. No functioning forwards and an average midfield at best, without Song.

Hmmm ... I think Allardyce's horrid football completely wasted Ener Valencia. Also have Sakho who looked decent too. Big Andy is injury prone though, so that's an issue.

could honestly see them trying to offload Carroll

Don't see why he can't do well with them if they invest. Good for the fans to have someone like him who understands the club. Has tested the water with those clubs and if he's going to be a good manager then should have learned from his mistakes. Good guy Bilic, good luck to him.

Okay goalie. Good, solid defenders for the PL. Need to replace Song badly but decent choices in midfield generally.

Sakho, Carroll & Valencia - if the first 2 can stay fit, is easy.

I've a lot of respect for West Ham trying to stick to their clubs apparent values.

• 3 weeks later...