The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton in talks with Fabian Hurzeler

cp40

Guest neesy111

Parker is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen tbh.  Great professional but quality wise very limited after Charlton.

Wish he had been playing under a better manager while with us. Showed at West Ham and Spurs what kind of player we missed out on. Not that he was terrible for us, but he under the right manager he could have been way better.

Really? I just think he was overrated.

Tireless, I will give him that, and certainly became more positionally aware with age but he was never a great technician of the ball.

Give me a Longstaff type all day.

Was West Ham player of the year two years in a row, was in contention to get it the season they were relegated too and was in the England squad. Was Tottenham player of the year first season for them. Looked like he was playing more creatively for the other sides than us in addition to the work rate he had. As alluded to above, it was a lot of spinaroonies and sideway passes I rarely saw of him afterwards.

Aye those irritating pivots were mainly down to the fact he was playing in a shit team where most players either weren’t good enough to find space or didn’t actually want the ball at all.  Instead of playing it back or just lobbing it forward he wanted to keep hold of it to try and do something.  I think i’ve said it before on here but for me, he was one of the better players in a really poor side.

Guest chopey

Just had a look on red cafe and it seems most of them want him out now.

Aye its hilarious, I didn't realise one of the first things Solskjaer did when he got the job was give Phil Jones a new 4 year contract with the option of another year.

Aye its hilarious, I didn't realise one of the first things Solskjaer did when he got the job was give Phil Jones a new 4 year contract with the option of another year.

1. Redcafe is ridiculous and shouldn't be used for a basis as to how Man United fans think.

2. Ole has nothing to do with the contracts, and that's the major problem at Manchester United. Ed Woodward needs to fuck off back to the financial side of things and bring in an experienced director of football to work with the manager and make the footballing decisions.

1. Redcafe is ridiculous and shouldn't be used for a basis as to how Man United fans think.

2. Ole has nothing to do with the contracts, and that's the major problem at Manchester United. Ed Woodward needs to f*** off back to the financial side of things and bring in an experienced director of football to work with the manager and make the footballing decisions.

Hope you are right, the longer it takes for the fans to turn on him the better.

Probably something Froggy[/member] could answer, but do Man Utd fans really think that Solskjaer is the man to stop that club from becoming one that perennially finishes 3rd-6th, or even lower? Which is something they have done for 4 of the last 5 seasons bar the year under Jose, who was ridiculed for saying finishing 2nd with that team is one of his best achievements. Looking at the quality of managers in the top 6, Pochettino, Guardiola, Klopp, Sarri and Emery to a lesser extent, do the fans actually see Solskjaer as the right quality of manager to get Man Utd to where they want to be, which is challenging for the title while competing with those managers? They need to get rid and go all out for Pochettino or Allegri for both long and short term, someone of that elite calibre. Not Solskjaer.

I think the biggest problem with him is not lack of experience at top clubs etc, but his apparent lack of leadership. He appears to have no real leadership qualities and it makes me wonder how far/for how long you can blame an entire squad of players? Sure some of them seem to have bad attitudes, are underperforming or are deadwood, but I don't get the narrative that's it's the fault of all of the players and not the fault of the one individual supposed to be leading them. We see many examples of clubs with average players punch above the weight under the guidance of a manager with great leadership qualities (us under Benitez). You look at City, with Pep, Kompany, Silva, Arteta... Liverpool with Klopp & Van Dijk... to win something, or to even be in contention, you need leaders - the type that stand up and take responsibility, allow others to place their faith in them with confidence. There's no way Solskjaer is that character, you can see it in the way he carries himself for weeks/months now. Man Utd fans are in danger of falling into a deep sleep of mediocrity, blaming players and giving a free pass to the manager because it's now convenient. You feel even if they bring in 4-5 new good players and then start the season poorly, the blame will still be at the feet of the players and not the manager - when it's so glaringly obvious to the rest of the country that his appointment was one of the poorest decisions from one of the top clubs in a long time.