The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

9 minutes ago, Disco said:

Good manager but fuck me, isn’t half a melodramatic knacker. Insufferable.

Sure he is Bi-polar.  Before the game he was saying these were the best set of player he had ever manager.

The man is a fruit-loop!

Tottenham have needed an overhaul since that Champions League final. Pochettino was sacked, Mourinho was sacked, Nuno was sacked. The manager isn't the problem at that club, despite that Mourinho and Nuno probably weren't the best appointments in hindsight.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Tottenham have needed an overhaul since that Champions League final. Pochettino was sacked, Mourinho was sacked, Nuno was sacked. The manager isn't the problem at that club, despite that Mourinho and Nuno probably weren't the best appointments in hindsight.

From that final 3 years ago, only Kane, Son & Lloris played today. 

It must be soul destroying managing Spurs though. All that talent and yet there's a systemic loser culture running through the club.

The fans are about as apathetic as you can get and just seem to be at their matches for a day out, Levy is a terminal tight cunt and must be awful to work under, there's very little ambition unless success can be achieved under increasingly unrealistic budgetary constraints and their recruitment is wank. If they hadn't lucked-out on Kane (who cost them nothing) being a world class striker they'd still be a perennial mid-table team

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Did anyone see Conte at Spurs going any other way? It has been obvious how it would end before it even started.

Nope! But not because of Conte, because of Levy. I just assumed Conte had been given certain assurances before he took the job. Evidently not

The most hilarious thing about it is that they tried Conte just 6 months after already failing with Mourinho.

Really does seem like Levy doesn't have a clue what he's doing anymore. Seems he's winged it from the moment they started on the downturn under Poch.

Seems like Levy is hitting the panic button with every manager appointment & every transfer window in order to please Kane & Son. Maybe better for them in the long term to sell both, and try to rebuild their squad under an up and coming manager under lower expectations rather than trying to patch something that seems inherently broken?

Not really paid much attention to Spurs the last few years so that is just based on a very high level viewing from the outside looking in.

2 hours ago, toon25 said:

Urgh. I'd hoped that cunt would never be seen in football again.

Oddly he has gone up ever so slightly in my estimation taking a job like that. it really wouldn't have shocked me had a PL team or top end Championship team had taken a punt on him, i really didn't think he had it in him to drop down the leagues that far?

I agree with the sentiment though :) always thought he was destined for us at some stage thank fook for the takeover as I think it would have crossed MA mind!

34 minutes ago, wormy said:

The most hilarious thing about it is that they tried Conte just 6 months after already failing with Mourinho.

Really does seem like Levy doesn't have a clue what he's doing anymore. Seems he's winged it from the moment they started on the downturn under Poch.

Levy has always been clueless. Made a mess of things with the likes of Santini, Juande Ramos, and even Villas-Boas. The man is the reason why Spurs can't make the next step. No idea how he still remains in his position there.

Conte comes across as such an entitled big huffy bairn, he’s becoming very toxic and although he’s a great manager I wouldn’t want him at my club. I’d be furious if I was a Spurs fan, mind they have become a joke club on and off the pitch these last few years.