The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Eric ten Hag Sacked

cp40

They regressed to their mean and also lost their best player in Olise. Eze is absolutely class but more of an individual brilliance player rather than someone who consistently makes them tick. Their defence is a bit more makeshift and they are an incredibly boring side. Looking forward to them circling the drain all season 

17 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Da fuck happened to Palace?

They sold most of their players, leaving them with only 3 players who stand out. You could argue that none of them are leaders as well.

Some managers take the players with them and you hear that phrase “I’d run through a brick wall for them”. Can you imagine anyone saying that about ETH? Keegan, Ferguson, Klopp I think are all managers who got every ounce out of their players. Whereas with ETH I can only imagine the players saying “I’d throw him into a brick wall” 

1 hour ago, gbandit said:

Some managers take the players with them and you hear that phrase “I’d run through a brick wall for them”. Can you imagine anyone saying that about ETH? Keegan, Ferguson, Klopp I think are all managers who got every ounce out of their players. Whereas with ETH I can only imagine the players saying “I’d throw him into a brick wall” 

This is the thing though, he has never lost the dressing room. They run like fuck for him (Rashford aside). The players have downed tools for every manager in the last ten years, but not for Ten Hag. 

I think there's belief in his system, but he just can't get it click consistently. Even last night we were knocking the ball about with some great passages of play, but the capitulation is just too regular for this to work. 

Let's make no mistake here as well. Porto away is not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. They were narrowly beaten by Barcelona there last year, and they beat Arsenal there eventually losing to them on penalties (I think). We had 29 goal attempts last night which is apparently the most they've ever conceded at home. We're just so defensively frail in flash periods and we always seem to get heavily punished for it.

Like look at this shit:

Ten Hag’s side has an undesirable record of conceding two goals in four minutes at Bayern Munich, two in 10 minutes against Galatasaray at home, two in four minutes at Copenhagen, and two in nine minutes at Galatasaray.

There was also two in eight minutes at Crystal Palace, two in eight minutes against Coventry, two in two minutes at Chelsea, three in 24 minutes at Wolves, two in 11 minutes at Newport, and two in five minutes at home to Aston Villa.

How does that even happen at a professional level regardless of coaching. Just pure capitulation. 

Edited by Froggy

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

24 times under Ten Hag we've conceded 3+ by the way.

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

That Pardew levels of shit that :lol:

54 has nailed it, he’s your Pardew; his trophies are Pardew 5th place. 

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

Let's make no mistake here as well. Porto away is not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination. They were narrowly beaten by Barcelona there last year, and they beat Arsenal there eventually losing to them on penalties (I think). We had 29 goal attempts last night which is apparently the most they've ever conceded at home. 

Didn’t they just get beat by a load of random scandi’s in their last game? 

Manu still have one of the best squads in Europe, they have a team more than capable of winning the league and the manager is still one of the best of all time
They have the perfect blend to win everything this year. They just need to correct a couple of minor mistakes and they need a bit of luck.

Edited by Lotus