The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

Guest neesy111

I was going to say this was a bad decision but then noted that they haven't scored a single league goal in 2017 and it's nearly March

Therefore something clearly had to change and it has to be the manager.

Ultimately I think it was a mistake to let Kante go cheaply, he is easily with 60-70m as this season has showed.

He had a clause in his contract.

A bloke with 3 kids losing his job because his boss wants to make more money for himself is tragic ......................this is just very meh

That makes no sense whatsoever.

WTF

No one decent will go there. Such a shame for him but this is typical of his career. Last season was an utter fluke.

I'm not sure you can call it a fluke

From the sense of his career it kind of was, as i said before he has a history of being incapable of turning things around when things go to shit and going on hot runs when things run well.

I don't blame them for not thinking he couldn't turn around and risking relegation considering that, i don't care who you are in the sport but you should do all you can to avoid going down.

You can't let sentiment get in the way of the good of the club long term, it's sad but if they were to ignore it and go down they might not ever get back.

Guest neesy111

I'm kind of glad he won't end up relegating them.

This is it for me, it does remove that option from happening so that's good for him.

It's understandable in a way because they looked serious contenders for relegation for a while now and survival in the EPL is massive for any club. I couldn't see them winning too many more games this season. It was very possible they were heading down. I just hope they have a very good replacement lineed up who'll guide them to safety or sacking somebody who has to have legendary status in the club after last season becomes a joke.

I was going to say this was a bad decision but then noted that they haven't scored a single league goal in 2017 and it's nearly March

Therefore something clearly had to change and it has to be the manager.

Ultimately I think it was a mistake to let Kante go cheaply, he is easily with 60-70m as this season has showed.

He had a clause in his contract.

Mistake having the clause then

Guest Howaythetoon

You don't fluke a title win over 38 games like, sorry. To sack the man for a poor season before it has even ended after winning the league title is a disgrace and shows just how fucked up football is. It's not about trophies or the players or fans, it's about money. I long for the day that brand Premier League goes the way of the FA Cup because that's what our game needs to get back to the reality of what football is about or should be.

No one decent will go there. Such a shame for him but this is typical of his career. Last season was an utter fluke.

I'm not sure you can call it a fluke

It really was. I mean, an amazing achievement, but every rub of the green went their way. Fluke: "unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck". It definitely wasn't entirely down to chance, but there were several surprising pieces of luck.

Anyway, to HTT's disillusionment, it's a tough one to an extent. There's a balance between the bigger picture and what your team/club is doing. I am almost totally disillusioned with top level football but since we're doing really well at the moment on and off the pitch it's easier to stomach. I do miss some of the best aspects of football because I no longer live in North London, but I also miss some of the worst aspects because I'm physically detached. The interesting part will be if you are still so disillusioned when Mike Ashley buggers off and you have a good team again.

From the odds list there, I'd like to see Rowett get a go at it. The only British manager in the list who has actually earned his stripes in the lower divisions and hasn't been a horrific failure already.

Absolutely mental timing, especially after that performance in the last 30 minutes of yesterdays game where they really rallied together for the first time in weeks.

I think it'll be an appointment that no one would expect like Marco Silva at Hull. Ranieri was a crazy appointment at the time.

Guest Howaythetoon

In today's game, Ferguson would have been sacked for not winning the league instantly. KK would have been replaced for not winning the league after leading it for almost a full season. It's all about instant success or maintaining a status quo. Ranieri wins the league and gets sacked to be replaced probably by some English manager like Pardew who will keep them up only to be sacked when that status is in Jeopardy. Fair enough if Leciester go out and get someone like Ancelotti or someone of that ilk, but you just know it's going to be some no mark Brit or some up and coming European manager who will never ever do what Ranieri did. English football needs to f*** off basically.

If Leicester had finished 17th last season, Ranieri might have stood a better chance of surviving being 17th now. Crazy.

Exactly, people expected them to be crap, and they now are around where they should have been last year.

Guest Howaythetoon

From the odds list there, I'd like to see Rowett get a go at it. The only British manager in the list who has actually earned his stripes in the lower divisions and hasn't been a horrific failure already.

I'm constantly in Birmingham and although he is well liked there they say his football was really boring and pretty basic. I can't see him being a top manager or coach at that level to be honest.

I'm constantly in Birmingham and although he is well liked there they say his football was really boring and pretty basic. I can't see him being a top manager or coach at that level to be honest.

Sounds perfect for it tbh.