The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guardiola's decided he's bored of playing with infinite lives and has decided to have a go with the invincibility cheat instead. Yawn.

Might be trickier than it seems at the moment. The balance of power has shifted slightly and the mid-table sides are fully capable now of beating a top 4 side. Much more than a decade ago. I do agree with your general point tho. A real test would have been a 10yr project outside a top 4 club.

The balance of power has shifted more because there isn't any consistently good team in the league rather than the midtable teams being particularly good IMO. Chelsea were consistently good just last season and ran away with the title losing less games than Barcelona did in La Liga

Guest firetotheworks

I have a lot of respect for what Guardiola did at Barcelona, but he's pretty much just cheating now. At least Klopp's got balls.

As much as I don't blame Pep for going to massive/rich clubs all the time, it would be interesting to see what he could do with someone slightly lower down.

I always said the same about Mourinho...but people were laughing at me when I said that he would not be a good match with Newcastle. Just think that managers like Mourinho, Pep and Benitez (as an example) are not made for any crisis. I cannot remember anyone of them being able to avoid/move out of a crisis. Just my opinion

in fairness to pep, I think ( if i'm not mistaken ), he has said he wants to go manage Brescia someday, so I guess that will be his challenge. I think if I was manchester united, I would go for Pochetino plays a good brand of footbal and could be the long term appointment they are looking for .

As much as I don't blame Pep for going to massive/rich clubs all the time, it would be interesting to see what he could do with someone slightly lower down.

I always said the same about Mourinho...but people were laughing at me when I said that he would not be a good match with Newcastle. Just think that managers like Mourinho, Pep and Benitez (as an example) are not made for any crisis. I cannot remember anyone of them being able to avoid/move out of a crisis. Just my opinion

Different skill sets init, as a manager Pep has already well established teams playing the best football we've probably ever seen, but he doesn't have to deal with the same issues someone like Ranieri does at Leicester. He's just perfectly suited for the Man City job, it really irritates me :lol: I think they'll wreck the league as long as he's there.

Hopefully he continues the trend and fucks off after a few year.

I hate Mourinho with a passion but he won the Champions League with Porto so not exactly the same as Guardiola

Aye but that's where he started, not Guardiola's fault he was given the Barca job as his first job :lol: Considering where Mourinho has gone since i highly doubt he would willingly drop down.

Just somewhere that hasn't got an infinite pool of resources would be nice. The most obnoxiously rich team in the country now has probably the best manager in the world, it's f***ing vile.

I do agree it would be but it's just not realistic really, none of the top managers are willingly dropping down. They are all taking the best jobs available to them. You could say Klopp i suppose but there's no actual evidence to suggest he didn't take the best job available to him as none better were available at the time.

He's no different to the rest, Ancelotti's last 4 jobs have been Chelsea, PSG, Madrid and now Bayern.

in fairness to pep, I think ( if i'm not mistaken ), he has said he wants to go manage Brescia someday, so I guess that will be his challenge. I think if I was manchester united, I would go for Pochetino plays a good brand of footbal and could be the long term appointment they are looking for .

That is who we want. Pochettino would be perfect and wouldn't fuck off in three years. We were never in for Pep. Would have loved Klopp like but oh well.

I hate Mourinho with a passion but he won the Champions League with Porto so not exactly the same as Guardiola

Aye but that's where he started, not Guardiola's fault he was given the Barca job as his first job :lol: Considering where Mourinho has gone since i highly doubt he would willingly drop down.

His first job was the B team. The cunt.

but then again Porto was the biggest (or at least one of the biggest clubs in Portugal) portuguese club at that time. I am talking about a mid-/ or lower table club without a lot of money to spend. I mean his Porto team was: P. Ferreira, Costinha, Deco, Conceicao, McCarthy, Derlei, Maniche, Bosingwa just to name a few.

That is who we want. Pochettino would be perfect and wouldn't fuck off in three years. We were never in for Pep. Would have loved Klopp like but oh well.

Pochettino would be a much better fit for Man U than Jose who really should be gunning for McClaren's job rather than wasting his time with your club.

Winning the Champions League with Porto was a class achievement, it wasn't on the same level as winning it with Grimsby but people only play it down because it's Mourinho and they think he's a big meanie. I think he's finished now but his Porto to Inter reign was really impressive.

Why is getting Guardiola being portrayed as such a coup for Man City, a club with limitless funds to spend on both his wages and whatever players he wants to add to an already ridiculously costly, talented and deep squad?

Guest palnese

Why is getting Guardiola being portrayed as such a coup for Man City, a club with limitless funds to spend on both his wages and whatever players he wants to add to an already ridiculously costly, talented and deep squad?

Well, it's a massive upgrade on their current manager. Pellegrini has not done very well there, has he?

Probably because despite that they're not champions, not top of the league and regularly fuck up in Europe in an often new and hilarious set of circumstances and they don't want that to be the case moving forward.

but then again Porto was the biggest (or at least one of the biggest clubs in Portugal) portuguese club at that time. I am talking about a mid-/ or lower table club without a lot of money to spend. I mean his Porto team was: P. Ferreira, Costinha, Deco, Conceicao, McCarthy, Derlei, Maniche, Bosingwa just to name a few.

And how many of those players were either nobodies, bench warmers or signed from mid table Pourtegese clubs for peanuts when Mourinho showed up? I think winning the Champions League with Benni McCarthy as one of your lead strikers is an achievement in itself.

Also, outside of Deco and the one's who followed Mourinho to Chelsea, how many of that squad actually achieved anything after 2005?

Well, it's a massive upgrade on their current manager. Pellegrini has not done very well there, has he?

You just seem to really dislike him for some reason man. Pretty good chance he'll win two Premier Leagues in three seasons there