The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Happy for the Everton lads that come on here, that's a great appointment but lost a lot of respect for that club following their pathetic showing at the stadium of shite last season.

A great appointment? Jury out imo, albeit he did a very good job taking over from Poch and handling them selling loads of players. Not convinced he's got what it takes to push a club on as they presumably think he's going to.

Guest Howaythetoon

Everton are a far bigger club than Southampton.  Ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

They are, but the ceiling is much higher at Southampton who in the next ten years will have a football city if you like within a 3 mile radius of St Marys as the club now own all the land and plan a huge super academy, training grounds etc. similar to what Man City are doing. This is a side-step IMO, although a very good appointment by Everton based on what he has done at Southampton. They will be more solid at the back and tougher to beat. Southampton will just continue as they have done you would think, although one wrong appointment could see all the good work undone. It will be interesting to see who they go for.

I think it's a good move for Koeman but I do feel for Southampton. To lose Pocchetino was tough but to lose a replacement who arguably did even better must be galling. So many good players out the door over the last few years, too. Credit to them if they maintain a challenge for the European spots next season.

Guest antz1uk

I remember when this happened with poch they said they always have a plan in plAce ready for this. It will be someone decent I dare bet

Guest neesy111

If Everton wasn't doubling his salary he wouldn't be going there. That Everton is historically a bigger club than Southampton is pretty irrelevant.

They are a much bigger club now, Southampton have only had recent success the last 2 years.

I wonder if this happened sooner would rafa being tempted? Probably not as its a good distance from Liverpool

I think Rafa likes that Newcastle is a city that lives and breathes football. I am not sure Southampton is that kind of city so probably wouldn't have attracted him.

It's still irrelevant.

Explain how then?

Because he wouldn't be going there if they weren't doubling his salary. Everton's PL ceiling isn't all that much higher than Southampton's, if at all. And Southampton's arguably the better run club with a brighter future.

It's still irrelevant.

Explain how then?

Because he wouldn't be going there if they weren't doubling his salary. Everton's PL ceiling isn't all that much higher than Southampton's, if at all. And Southampton's arguably the better run club with a brighter future.

Everton were just taken over by a billionaire

It's still irrelevant.

Explain how then?

NUFC is owned by a billionaire.

It's still irrelevant.

Explain how then?

NUFC is owned by a billionaire.

You think their owner is going to spend that much money on bringing in a manager and then just stop giving a fuck and not buy any players?