The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I have to say I do enjoy the spin on the official site (which I know is obvious):

"He proved with Everton that he has great qualities" - so.... four jobs ago.

"Moyes won the Community Shield at Wembley in August – becoming the first Manchester United manager ever to win a trophy in his first season in charge" - technically true, I guess.

And this belting final paragraph

"In November 2014, he took over at Real Sociedad for a year-long spell in Spain’s La Liga, leading the club to a famous win over Barcelona in January 2015, before returning to the Premier League in the summer of 2016 with Sunderland, where a difficult year ended in relegation last season."

That is some damn fine straw clutching. :lol:

Even better when you consider the context of the "famous win over Barcelona", Sociedad away has been Barca's bogey fixture for ages. They won there last season but before that, hadn't won at Anoeta in ten years, since Rijkaard was in charge.

Everton do know it's early November and they're not miles adrift at the bottom of the league don't they?

I don't think people on the outside appreciate what a total mess we're in.

We can't defend and can't score goals. Most games we struggle to create a single clear chance.

The squad is completely unbalanced with a dearth of wingers and strikers and an abundance of defensive midfielders and shit No. 10's who are slower than your nan. All of our defenders are either kids or over the hill. We'd be bottom with about 2 points if it wasn't for Pickford.

Someone for the longer term like Silva or Dyche would be preferable but I'd have no qualms with Allardyce coming in and playing his dinosaur percentage football to grind out a few 1-0's until January, when we can make some much needed signings. If they leave Unsworth in charge and we drift onto January playing like we are now, we'll already be down.

Moyes is also obviously a short term fix like Allardyce. He's only been given until the end of the season at West Ham, again, like Fat Sam, he's probably been signed to sort their defence out and keep them up. Hopefully he'll do that, then they'll feel obliged to give him a longer contract so he can slowly bleed the life out of them.

Just saw this, wtf are they thinking. Moyes is done, three jobs in a row have proven that.  As one of the teams we are competing against, this is great news but honestly why are they not taking a lead from the  likes of Southampton or Watford and bringing in coaches/managers who are up and coming and are still relevant.

I associate Moyes at Everton with teams that were more hard for the rest to beat, rather than being free-flowing or especially creative. His record against the top teams was always poor. He wasn't at Man United long enough to sort out their defence, so I'll give him a pass on that, but his inability to organise Sunderland or even leave them with defenders who can manage at Championship level strongly points to him being a busted flush. This is a terrible appointment by two inept owners and their high profile idiot sidekick. With their free stadium courtesy of the taxpayer, I can't have any sympathy for them.

I associate Moyes at Everton with teams that were more hard for the rest to beat, rather than being free-flowing or especially creative. His record against the top teams was always poor. He wasn't at Man United long enough to sort out their defence, so I'll give him a pass on that, but his inability to organise Sunderland or even leave them with defenders who can manage at Championship level strongly points to him being a busted flush. This is a terrible appointment by two inept owners and their high profile idiot sidekick. With their free stadium courtesy of the taxpayer, I can't have any sympathy for them.

The thing is as well Moyes's success at Everton was not instant, they were awful in that first season with him, I think we beat them 6-2 or something that year, they very nearly went down, it wasn't until the following year that they started to do well. It's difficult to see the logic here for West Ham.

Feel like Moyes to West Ham has hit their fans the same way I was utterly gutted when we appointed Souness.

Vivid memory of seeing it on news24 at a service station.  Fucking grim.

Feel like Moyes to West Ham has hit their fans the same way I was utterly gutted when we appointed Souness.

Vivid memory of seeing it on news24 at a service station.  Fucking grim.

Remember when he didn't know who Yossi Benayoun was? What days.

Guest Howaythetoon

An end of season deal isn't the end of the world, I mean I'd be gutted if I was them and he was given say a 3 year deal.

Lets see what he is made of then, if he's up to scratch he will keep them up and improve results and performances. If he wants to repair any damage to his credibility, he has to.

Worryingly for any WH fan would be if he did well and they appointed him for a few years.

Even then, if he doesn't do well, there will always be some mug of an owner willing to give him another cushy number. Stoke, WBA etc. clubs like that.

His plan to sort out the Man U defence was getting Rio and Vidic to watch vids on super Jags, he warrants no pass on that.

He shouldn't get a pas for Sociedad either, that seems to get written off like it was just an adventure abroad and he wasn't actually there to do a job.