The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Kompany to FC Bayern

cp40

Think we all know how this one goes. Leicester pull clear early enough to ease the nerves and justify Ranieri's sacking. Meanwhile, Shakespeare is lauded for his efforts, having wedged a formidable points gap between his side and the rest of the relegation pack. Come May, it'd be damn-near insulting not to consider Shakespeare for the permanent gig. Summer arrives, and he is rewarded with a three-year contract.

February 2018 rolls around and, with the novelty having worn-off months ago ("a great coach, but never a manager..."), Shakespeare is dismissed.

March '18 and, the recently-retired, Peter Crouch is snubbed for the vacant managerial position. Martin Keown fronts a charity aimed at providing more chances for British coaches.

Leicester appoint Steve Clarke and solidify their status as lower-midtable fodder for the next five years. Phil Neville rallies for greater British representation in Premier League dugouts.

Arsenal fans man, they are so laughable.

They want Wenger out, but tell who will go there and do a job?

Simone is the one wanted the most, but do you think Arsenal fans will actually accept his style of play? I don't, they have clearly not watched Athletico Madrid and have only just seen their rise and therefore included he is the manager they want. They will want him out within a season.

Rafa. The same problems exists, Arsenal fans won't like his style of play, pretty soon they will want him out and there will be more ammunition to hit with as he manages Chelsea and Liverpool, both Arsenal's rivals.

Anyone else either doesn't play to how Arsenal fans will want them playing, already have bigger jobs, or arn't a big enough name to be given time.

Guest neesy111

Arsenal fans man, they are so laughable.

They want Wenger out, but tell who will go there and do a job?

Simone is the one wanted the most, but do you think Arsenal fans will actually accept his style of play? I don't, they have clearly not watched Athletico Madrid and have only just seen their rise and therefore included he is the manager they want. They will want him out within a season.

Rafa. The same problems exists, Arsenal fans won't like his style of play, pretty soon they will want him out and there will be more ammunition to hit with as he manages Chelsea and Liverpool, both Arsenal's rivals.

Anyone else either doesn't play to how Arsenal fans will want them playing, already have bigger jobs, or arn't a big enough name to be given time.

Maybe you should actually research what arsenal fans are wanting.

They'll ask him to step down at the end of the season.

Out of contract isn't he?

Yup. There's an offer on the table though.

It's a tough one for Wenger. He breathes football, it's all he knows/likes/wants. It'll be a monumental challenge for him to give it up.

Their league campaigns are so predictable, their annual failures are so predictable, their players choking on the big stage is so predictable, the banners are so predictable. Their wheels have been spinning for a while now and Wenger doesn't help himself. As a neutral it's just so boring. I totally get why they want him to leave.

Guest neesy111

Their league campaigns are so predictable, their annual failures are so predictable, their players choking on the big stage is so predictable, the banners are so predictable. Their wheels have been spinning for a while now and Wenger doesn't help himself. As a neutral it's just so boring. I totally get why they want him to leave.

Same.  Also I think Arsenal as a club need to take 1 step backwards to go 2 forwards.

predictable is the word aye

like the idea that stifler thinks they want simeone (if they do) just 'cause he's had some success as opposed to the idea that as a manager and tactician he's almost the exact opposite of wenger who they want out

Guest neesy111

Would love for them to have a Man Utd style break from the top 4 and CL knockout phases.

I think it's what they need tbh.  For them to start challenging for the title again, a complete change in philosophy is needed.

Everything they seem to do is just very safe as a club, no risk taking etc.

predictable is the word aye

like the idea that stifler thinks they want simeone (if they do) just 'cause he's had some success as opposed to the idea that as a manager and tactician he's almost the exact opposite of wenger who they want out

Reminds me of the time we went from KK to KD.

They need the CL like but have to be ruthless over Wenger. Think they'll lose their stars, would struggle to attract top players, plus their fans seem the sort where attendances would drop by 10-15k pretty quickly if they do struggle to transition.

They need the CL like but have to be ruthless over Wenger. Think they'll lose their stars, would struggle to attract top players, plus their fans seem the sort where attendances would drop by 10-15k pretty quickly if they do struggle to transition.

problem is who the hell is going to be ruthless? I highly doubt any of them have the courage to say to Wenger its time to go.

I think both Wenger and many fans know that his time is coming to an end as their manager...he has done over 20 years for heaven's sake and not many get that amount in at one club. Even Joe Harvey only lasted about 13 at NUFC and he was almost a fixture. Wenger has done a good job but the club need a new approach if they are to be more successful but the problem is that the board probably are in a comfort zone with him as ours were with Harvey and will be reluctant to make change although I think Wenger will do it for them at the end of the season.

Its a tough job for anyone as I don't think they have the really big money to compete with Man C and Chelsea although they will invest far more in the squad than will Ashley here....I reckon qualification for CL is their aim for every season and they will want that.