The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

If Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool have a shite window and poor season, they can write it off and spend £150m without flinching. 

Everton and Wolves do similar, they can't spend to put it right. I don't think that's 'financial fair play' at all. If the owners have the money to correct what they've done, there shouldn't be anything to stop them. 

All we're going to get if clubs continue to be punished this way is a big 6, then the rest filled up with clubs like Palace and Ashley- NUFC, happy with their lot just to be in the league without threatening the big boys.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

On a graph of people versus task, where does the line go?

You know ONeill has two assistants and I don’t even know what he uses them for. When ONeill was managing Bournemouth, Jagtens perception was that he’s having a laugh. Mucking around at the expense of Michael B Jordan and William Foley. 

Jagten got the impression that O’Neill would rather be popular than steer Bournemouth in the right direction. 

10 hours ago, madras said:

One of our lot has family there. Lovely people, he was NUFC through and through but with the thickest, I'm guessing Smethwickian, accent ever. Put us up and put up with us, cracking and unexpected Sunday dinner as well. But I'd never seen so many Ford Cortina's, even passing a car with a cover on, lifted the cover what are the odds.....a Mk IV fucking Cortina !

Great cars, though, very redolent of my childhood, my Dad had a series of them.

Had a bit of a soft spot for Wolves, not dissimilar to Leeds, Sheffield clubs etc. Probably a combination of nostalgia and geography, although for some reason I've always felt nothing for clubs like Derby or Forest.

27 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

I’ve applied for the Wolves job lads. Do you think they will read my application or should I aim lower?

Gonna get referred to as "Dances with Wolves" a lot mate

Screen_Shot_2016-05-21_at_2.19.49_PM.0.0.jpg

Notwithstanding Man City and, before them, Chelsea took the piss but isn't the top and bottom of "modern" Top flight football that you have to get the big calls (transfers) bang on. If you don't, and you're general turn over can't accommodate huge levels of transfer failure, you're doomed. All about revenue. 

7 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

You know ONeill has two assistants and I don’t even know what he uses them for. When ONeill was managing Bournemouth, Jagtens perception was that he’s having a laugh. Mucking around at the expense of Michael B Jordan and William Foley. 

Jagten got the impression that O’Neill would rather be popular than steer Bournemouth in the right direction. 

Real-life Ted Lasso?

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Notwithstanding Man City and, before them, Chelsea took the piss but isn't the top and bottom of "modern" Top flight football that you have to get the big calls (transfers) bang on. If you don't, and you're general turn over can't accommodate huge levels of transfer failure, you're doomed. All about revenue. 

I actually agree with that model in principle, but it's basic economics. If you throw money around hoping you have invested well - great if it does, tough luck if it doesn't.

Our problem isn't money, it's that other clubs have been allowed to spend theirs in the last 20 years and we are now stopped from doing it.

8 minutes ago, TRon said:

I actually agree with that model in principle, but it's basic economics. If you throw money around hoping you have invested well - great if it does, tough luck if it doesn't.

Our problem isn't money, it's that other clubs have been allowed to spend theirs in the last 20 years and we are now stopped from doing it.

Aye, the cunts have pulled the ladder right up from under them. Boils my piss even more that the FCB allowed our turnover to fall so much. 

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Genuinely not sure if you're pulling my leg here. 

No. I think approximating latent properties of noisy processes is interesting. If you don't that's OK. 

Edited by Jagten

4 hours ago, TRon said:

Had a bit of a soft spot for Wolves, not dissimilar to Leeds, Sheffield clubs etc. Probably a combination of nostalgia and geography, although for some reason I've always felt nothing for clubs like Derby or Forest.

Fucking HATE wolves, but probably only because my dad was Villa through and through 

1 hour ago, Shearergol said:

Fucking HATE wolves, but probably only because my dad was Villa through and through 

Quite liked Wolves. Largely based on the fact, as a young'un, I had Kenny Hibbert in my Toon team to play alongside his brother 😂

That and Steve Bull. Loved him. 

6 hours ago, Alan Pardew said:

I’ve applied for the Wolves job lads. Do you think they will read my application or should I aim lower?

I thoroughly enjoy your commitment to jumping into this thread in character every damn time a manager is sacked, no matter the league and no matter the nation they play in :lol: 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47if4ktx6wcc42l8iqz9

On 09/08/2023 at 07:30, Optimistic Nut said:

If Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool have a shite window and poor season, they can write it off and spend £150m without flinching. 

Everton and Wolves do similar, they can't spend to put it right. I don't think that's 'financial fair play' at all. If the owners have the money to correct what they've done, there shouldn't be anything to stop them. 

All we're going to get if clubs continue to be punished this way is a big 6, then the rest filled up with clubs like Palace and Ashley- NUFC, happy with their lot just to be in the league without threatening the big boys.

That's the entire point of FFP.

It's a feature, not a bug. They don't want anyone else buying their way into their little club.