The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

There's two sides to it. He would without doubt create an immense siege mentality here and make us into the biggest shithouses in the league, something which we seem to lack despite last season. He would whip the support into such a frenzy that it would be box office viewing. 

Ultimately though he is universes past his best, beyond toxic, and his football is excruciatingly poor. Most clubs probably think he's just not worth the hassle, and him coming here would rip up everything we've set in place upto now. I don't think for one second it will happen mind. 

Edited by Stuy_O

7 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

There's two sides to it. He would without doubt create an immense siege mentality here and make us into the biggest shithouses in the league, something which we seem to lack despite last season. He would whip the support into such a frenzy that it would be box office viewing

Ultimately though he is universes past his best, beyond toxic, and his football is excruciatingly poor. Most clubs probably think he's just not worth the hassle, and him coming here would rip up everything we've set in place upto now. I don't think for one second it will happen mind. 

Can only assume you mean the crowd would turn toxic pretty fast and be excruciatingly bad

31 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

3/1 on Sky Bet to take over at Newcastle. 

Eddie down to 4/1 to get the chop. 

Should hopefully go without saying but this isn't because Sky Bet think this is going to happen. They just think people are stupid enough to bet on it.

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Already a lad at work talking about him coming in to follow on from Mr Robson. 

1 hour ago, Armchair Pundit said:

…it's just mischief-making by the media, lazy journos and people wanting to unsettle the project we have going on…

It’s not just that. It’s idiot

supporters too. The George Carlin quote about “average” intelligence. Every team has them.

What would be gained by signing Mourinho? We have a united dressing room, players are showing astonishing development, just look at Gordon- different player to last season. Yes results haven't gone our way but we've had some dodgy decisions go against us and several individual errors. And a horrendous injury record. All things Eddie has no control over.  Am not sure what people think Mourinho would bring? Maybe he's a bit more tactically astute than Eddie but he's past his peak whereas Eddie hasn't reached his yet. Not going to happen.

10 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Oh Mourinho is done man.

He’d do well to do a Rafa* and take on a smaller club where expectations are low.

*acknowledging how it’s going for Rafa. :lol: 

No way we're signing Mourinho like. He's absolutely done at club level. 

6th last season, 9th this. Conference League where they beat Vitesse, Bodo Glimt, Leicester and Feyenoord - no big hitters masks another poor spell. 

Need the club to come out ASAP or ideally provide daily reassurance that there's nothing to this

Can group the press conferences with Bruno and Ashworth to save on time and cost with FFP in mind. 

48 minutes ago, Cf said:

Should hopefully go without saying but this isn't because Sky Bet think this is going to happen. They just think people are stupid enough to bet on it.

Or people have bet on it. 

I'd bet he'll give international management a crack now.

Having said that, he's not as bad as some on here make out to be; won Roma's first trophy in almost 20 years and was a penalty kick away from a 2nd. To say he is shit or totally finished is a bit short sighted. 

54 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Can only assume you mean the crowd would turn toxic pretty fast and be excruciatingly bad

I agree - but some of this fanbase are asking for Hayden to go back in the team, you can't underestimate the effect Mourinho would have with his mouth alone. If he was getting results a good portion of fans would overlook the shite football - at least for a limited period.  

I'm in no way advocating for it - it would likely be a disaster. But if we didn't have Eddie a small part of me would probably be up for it. 

Just now, Stuy_O said:

I agree - but some of this fanbase are asking for Hayden to go back in the team, you can't underestimate the effect Mourinho would have with his mouth alone. If he was getting results a good portion of fans would overlook the shite football - at least for a limited period.  

I'm in no way advocating for it - it would likely be a disaster. But if we didn't have Eddie a small part of me would probably be up for it. 

I assumed that was just two idiots on here suggesting Hayden should come back? :kasper:

20 hours ago, Ben said:

His last season at Watford he sulked like a toddler.

He's always been a complete bellend. Because he  has been to prison  and likes the sound of his own voice people seem to give him credit when he hasn't earned any. The opposite in fact.

2 hours ago, Cf said:

It will also be an illiquid market with hardly any money down. So a few people putting 2 and 2 together and chucking a few quid down. Will make the price shorten straight away.