The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Think they give him that and then if he doesn’t win, gone 

Inclined to agree but with the clowns running that place you never know, the decisions that have been made down there in the last 18 months have been ridiculous, they're capable of anything. Wouldn't even rule out Mourinho until the end of the season, they're mental.

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Think they give him that and then if he doesn’t win, gone 

I dunno, though, if deep down they're thinking it's almost certainly not going to work, then making it much harder to shift him by letting him win the most minor cup competition seems risky.

Ultimately, I just hope they do the thing that creates them the most damage for the longest time possible. Fuck them, I hate Chelsea.

1 hour ago, midds said:

Are Chelsea going to give Poch the LC Final as one last throw of the dice? Bin him the week before and go 100% with a new manager bounce for a pot? 

Think they did that to Gullit, Vialli's first game was near enough the final that year. Bit shan as it was against 2nd tier Boro and whoever was in charge was likely going to comfortably win

Edited by Jonas

50 minutes ago, Collage said:

Warnock is a legend, like. Most promotions in English football. Would read his autobiography, if there is one.

There is.

There's a picture of his mother who he's the spitting double of. Couldnt get into it after seeing that.

Find careers like that far more interesting to read about. Gary Nelsons books are by far the best football books I've read but similar level players Redfearn and Phil Stants books are not well reviewed.

4 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Think they did that to Gullit, Vialli's first game was near enough the final that year. Bit shan as it was against 2nd tier Boro and whoever was in charge was likely going to comfortably win

di Matteo had been there for about 6 weeks and won them the FA Cup and the CL in 2012 

21 hours ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

If Pochettino is sacked which manager of the calibre they are looking for would actually go there?

It looks a poisoned chalice if I ever saw one.  A team assembled by spreadsheet and FM predicted potential.  Presumably limited money to spend as Chelsea owe all the money to pay for these players but have declining revenue due to no European football and poor league finishes. Also their commercial revenue was pretty maxed out so no much scope to cover cost/raise money that way.  They look like a cautionary tale in the making. Normally I'd feel for the fans a but it's Chelsea fans.

I was sure Pochettino would get something out of them. At Spurs he had them training twice a day, they were fit and hard working, and he instilled a system. But at Chelsea, fuck all. I doubt his methods have changed, but this gaggle of expensive wasters just aren’t good enough.

11 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

I was sure Pochettino would get something out of them. At Spurs he had them training twice a day, they were fit and hard working, and he instilled a system. But at Chelsea, fuck all. I doubt his methods have changed, but this gaggle of expensive wasters just aren’t good enough.

I think the answer is pretty simple and it's that they just don't give a fuck. About anything. They know they were bought for the wrong reasons, they signed because of the money and they get to live in London for a few years and get paid millions of pounds for doing whatever they want. They're not attached to the club on any level, they don't give a fuck about Poch, Boehly, the fans or the club. They signed for themselves and only give a shit about themselves. They're the ultimate gang of mercenaries and it'll never work.

It's beautiful in it's transparency, it's so obvious. It'll cripple the club completely with a bit of luck once the multi year contracts kick in, the wasters are moved on at huge losses and the gormless cunt at the top will be 100% to blame

I think most of us would have taken Poch before his Chelsea stint.

in a world where Eddie leaves at the end of the season would we still take him or is he damaged goods in the same way Potter and Tommy T are?

not asking would you take him over Eddie, just in that hypothetical.

im totally unsure, I think I’d rather the exec team look outside the premier league but he is a very good coach

I said this 10 months ago: 

They still have some potential outs, but this is feeling increasingly likely to me. By all accounts they are going to have to make some sales in June to balance the books. I really hope no one bails them out with huge offers for Gallagher and/or James. But it seems like it would take some real wizardry (or reckless incompetence) to spend much in the summer, so how does this squad get back to the Champions League?

Daily mail claiming Chelsea are concerned sacking their manager will breach spending rules.

Go on Chelsea, might as well.

In for a penny in for a pound. Or over a billion!

Edited by Joe1984

45 minutes ago, midds said:

I think the answer is pretty simple and it's that they just don't give a fuck. About anything. They know they were bought for the wrong reasons, they signed because of the money and they get to live in London for a few years and get paid millions of pounds for doing whatever they want. They're not attached to the club on any level, they don't give a fuck about Poch, Boehly, the fans or the club. They signed for themselves and only give a shit about themselves. They're the ultimate gang of mercenaries and it'll never work.

It's beautiful in it's transparency, it's so obvious. It'll cripple the club completely with a bit of luck once the multi year contracts kick in, the wasters are moved on at huge losses and the gormless cunt at the top will be 100% to blame

This is Chelsea in a nutshell. Or you say that a club that turned plastic has completely run its course. There's not a shred of honesty or authenticity about them. 

1 hour ago, Joe1984 said:

Daily mail claiming Chelsea are concerned sacking their manager will breach spending rules.

Go on Chelsea, might as well.

In for a penny in for a pound. Or over a billion!

Even if they don't, they need to sell something like £115m worth of players before 30.6.24 or face the same pts deduction Everton received. Who on earth is going to help dig them out of that hole? Shame we're going for £28m of it, but anyone wanting one of their players just needs to hold off and get them at a hugely reduced price. 

Just now, Dokko said:

Even if they don't, they need to sell something like £115m worth of players before 30.6.24 or face the same pts deduction Everton received. Who on earth is going to help dig them out of that hole? Shame we're going for £28m of it, but anyone wanting one of their players just needs to hold off and get them at a hugely reduced price. 

Are we looking at Connor Gallagher? Might be worth a £5m punt. 🤣

7 minutes ago, Stuy_O said:

This is Chelsea in a nutshell. Or you say that a club that turned plastic has completely run its course. There's not a shred of honesty or authenticity about them. 

The same idiots chanting for Abramovich at Wolves are too thick to realize he's left them in this mess. Although Todd has taken them off of their 'Top 6' status rather swiftly. :lol: 

I remember Chelsea in their Zola (when he was at his peak) days, actually didn't mind them then. 

1 minute ago, Joe1984 said:

Are we looking at Connor Gallagher? Might be worth a £5m punt. 🤣

Errrr....that lad everyone complains about being on the bench too much. :lol:  Don't see us overbidding for another Chelsea player.

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

The same idiots chanting for Abramovich at Wolves are too thick to realize he's left them in this mess. Although Todd has taken them off of their 'Top 6' status rather swiftly. :lol: 

I remember Chelsea in their Zola (when he was at his peak) days, actually didn't mind them then. 

Errrr....that lad everyone complains about being on the bench too much. :lol:  Don't see us overbidding for another Chelsea player.

Don't worry, apparently Tottenham are planning a £50m bid for him. Idiots. 😄

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Roman built a club that worked. And Boehly has destroyed it in 2 years. 

It's just The American getting rid of The Russian remains.

Not sure what his plan is after he's done like!

3 hours ago, joeyt said:

Wonder where Graham Potter will end up (if anywhere)

Feel he may have to pick a new club this summer or he'll become a bit of a forgotten man

He’s absolutely Alan Curbo personality too.  He’d be right for Palace if wasn’t Brighton affiliated.

He was also the catalyst for the deluge of new age football fans and the ridiculous money that now circulates in the prem. Of course it was all great at the time and the media were drooling over it, but if you were discussing the main problems in football today a lot of roads would lead back to Chelsea 2003 and beyond. 

5 hours ago, Collage said:

Warnock is a legend, like. Most promotions in English football. Would read his autobiography, if there is one.

I love him, me. For all the talk and gamesmanship, he just seems like a good bloke who loves his football.

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Can imagine some Saudi clubs helping out to fill some of that gap