The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

All jokes aside, if i were the manure board i'd throw everything I could at Emery. 

Problem with Emery is he's repeatedly shown he has a ceiling and when the wheels eventually come off he struggles. 

That's not to say he hasn't learnt anything in recent years, but I think a side like Man United (who can't take too many risks) would want to see how he gets on at Villa a bit longer.

This is all hypothetical of course as he'd have to be completely mad to want to leave Villa for Man United at the moment.

I find it hard to even imagine what it is Man Utd need in a manager. I'm guessing the likes of McClaren being involved points to a philosophy of continuation of culture from the higher ups? Cant imagine it was Ten Hag's decision to have McClaren there, might be wrong. They need an absolute clear out of staff and a whole new one if I'm right about feeling like there's instruction from above to hire X or Y. I just get the impression there's always been rot in there somewhere since Fergie left and they've just been patching things up.

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

2 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

I find it hard to even imagine what it is Man Utd need in a manager. I'm guessing the likes of McClaren being involved points to a philosophy of continuation of culture from the higher ups? Cant imagine it was Ten Hag's decision to have McClaren there, might be wrong. They need an absolute clear out of staff and a whole new one if I'm right about feeling like there's instruction from above to hire X or Y. I just get the impression there's always been rot in there somewhere since Fergie left and they've just been patching things up.

Ten Hag was the one who brought McClaren in, they have previous together as Ten Hag was his assistant at Twente over a decade ago

Also when Ten Hag was appointed it seems like it was done on the basis of him being given control, which no top or high performing club really gives to managers/coaches nowadays

They lack a proper football structure, at the moment it's Ten Hag wanting a player (usually someone he's worked with before) and then the money men go and negotiate a shite deal

They need a Dan Ashworth equivalent and until they get one they'll continue to be an absolute mess

On 02/11/2023 at 16:58, Ben said:

Ten Hag must be close now, his CV is looking poor and he seems to have left a trail of destruction at his former clubs, FC Utrecht 2nd bottom, Ajax bottom, Man Utd hilarious.

He hasn't managed Utrecht in 6 years and its hardly his fault Ajax sold all their decent players