The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

What did Swansea fans think of Monk? After all, the general consensus is that we should have stuck with Pardew.

I've learned my lesson on ignoring fans from other clubs, perhaps they are not convinced either.

it would be really shit if Swansea sack Monk imo

Yeah, it would be. Unfortunately that's the nature of the PL these days, no one has any patience. Can't say I blame the owners as much as I do the nature of the business...they're looking at losing hundreds of billions by being relegated.

Balague is such a fucking weirdo.

:lol: Sounds vaguely racist and threatening. Sub British for "African" or "Asian" and there'd be hell on.

sat puzzling what he's actually trying to say here like, is he having a veiled dig at the UK shitfest manager merrygoround where they do the same thing every time, perform badly, get sacked, walk into another job then repeat it all?

if he is then fair play, whether he's an arsehole or not

He hates English football and he he doesn't like Newcastle.

When we lost to Patizan Belgrade, during the TalkSports show that he was part of, when the host (Adrian Durham) moved on to the next topic (Newcaslte v Partizan), Balague said - "Newcastle.. haha!".

Complete cunt.

There have been rumblings that things were not quite right behind the scenes since early in the season.  I have read the odd piece where there has been a hint here or there but nothing specific has been said.  It was the same with Laudrup and in the end there were some well-founded concerns about him that justified Swansea getting rid.

I thought Moyes did well at Everton. The following famous stat notwithstanding.

The poor record of David Moyes-coached teams against the Premier League's big names appears to have followed him from Everton to Manchester United.

Played 43, lost 27, drawn 16, won zero.

That was Moyes's away record against Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool during his time as Everton manager.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-23/moyes-record-under-scrutiny-following-city-humiliation/4975340

No wins in 43 suggests there was systematically wrong there. On several occasions, they must have faced teams with suspensions or injuries or tiredness from CL or some other weakening circumstances. The reason I still rate him though is that he set up several defensively strong teams on a shoestring. He must have a really good eye for defenders. Weir, Yobo, Lescott, Distin, Jageilka, Baines, Coleman....

Reading their forum, they're desperate for him to go

https://thejack.army/forums/swansea-city.4/

I was on a different forum and they seemed vaguely supportive, but were saying that he needed some support on the coaching side.

Think the directors wanted him to have a more experienced man around too, but he said no.

Can see why he wouldn't want someone lurking in the wings tbh. Christ he got them to 8th...Swansea!

Not convinced he's the second coming of Shankly but surely the lad has earned a bit of leeway for one bad spell?

Then again it's hundreds of millions at stake...ridiculous money putting ridiculous pressure and leading to ridiculous expectations.

Modern footy ugh.

Siggy has gone off the boil massively which has f***ed them.

Yup, with Montero and Gomis also being awful recently. When fit and firing their first XI is very strong but their backups are really poor. Barrow is absolutely terrible. Surprised they let Dyer go out on loan

I thought Moyes did well at Everton. The following famous stat notwithstanding.

The poor record of David Moyes-coached teams against the Premier League's big names appears to have followed him from Everton to Manchester United.

Played 43, lost 27, drawn 16, won zero.

That was Moyes's away record against Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool during his time as Everton manager.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-09-23/moyes-record-under-scrutiny-following-city-humiliation/4975340

No wins in 43 suggests there was systematically wrong there. On several occasions, they must have faced teams with suspensions or injuries or tiredness from CL or some other weakening circumstances. The reason I still rate him though is that he set up several defensively strong teams on a shoestring. He must have a really good eye for defenders. Weir, Yobo, Lescott, Distin, Jageilka, Baines, Coleman....

Aye, this is very bad. But it's one issue, that means he's not a top level manager but could do a good job for  the majority of PL sides.

I'm sure Pardew's record is much better.Think he beat the lot of them at least twice us the exception of Arsenal. With Palace and us he's beaten Liverpool 4 times. But Moyes is a better manager than Pardew, easily so.

Reading their forum, they're desperate for him to go

https://thejack.army/forums/swansea-city.4/

I was on a different forum and they seemed vaguely supportive, but were saying that he needed some support on the coaching side.

Think the directors wanted him to have a more experienced man around too, but he said no.

Can see why he wouldn't want someone lurking in the wings tbh. Christ he got them to 8th...Swansea!

Not convinced he's the second coming of Shankly but surely the lad has earned a bit of leeway for one bad spell?

Then again it's hundreds of millions at stake...ridiculous money putting ridiculous pressure and leading to ridiculous expectations.

Modern footy ugh.

But 5th

I feel bad for Monk but I'm not sure what Swansea expected going into the season with Gomis being their only proper recognised striker, as much as he had a good spell in the opening part of the season he's totally off the boil and has no competition to push him into performing better. It really doesn't surprise me they just can't score goals.

Moyes was absolutely mint at Everton, I don't know why that's at all in question like.

It's not really, just I didn't particularly like Everton under Moyes. They were functional but not great to watch IMO.

He's not a very exciting manager in a sense that he'll turn up at Man City and battle to a 3-2 win or whatever. He'll almost always get beat by top teams. But the teams at his level and below he'll perform excellently and consistently.

It's all about the highs and lows for me in football and he won't really provide any. Still a very good manager though.

Really don't like Monk, hated his Mourinho act last season of crying in every post game interview about referees being against him. Interesting reading that Swansea forum and they compare him to Sherwood with his arrogance and inability to read and effect the game.

Really don't like Monk, hated his Mourinho act last season of crying in every post game interview about referees being against him. Interesting reading that Swansea forum and they compare him to Sherwood with his arrogance and inability to read and effect the game.

Some of the decisions that went against them were absolutely fucking shocking mind.