The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest firetotheworks

Also, as soon as you go further back than the PL era, or go abroad there are loads of examples of successful promotions from within.

Guardiola's the obvious one, and Tuchel. Weren't Dalglish and Paisley promoted from within as well?

Footballers in this country just seem thicker somehow. On the continent you can imagine a smart ex club captain taking the reigns of their club. Over here it's like Gerrard or Terry or Keane. Thick as mince.

I'd like to see clubs hire more non ex professional footballers as managers. Reckon there's some top young coaches who have never played the game at a high level out there.

Footballers in this country just seem thicker somehow. On the continent you can imagine a smart ex club captain taking the reigns of their club. Over here it's like Gerrard or Terry or Keane. Thick as mince.

No, it's just that you know more about them over here.

English players often lack IQ on the pitch. I can see it being similar when they become managers.

Cabaye is no more talented than Shelvey, physically or with the ball - both pretty bad athletes at this level. One would engage his brain for 90 (or 70) minutes, the other only when he wants too.

Gerrard, Ramsey, Shelvey even Fabregas who had a lot of his education in England. All kick and rush (although very good at it).

Fabregas has always been a clever little footballer though hasn't he ???

To say he's 'kick and rush' is a strange one

On the ball yes. But his positional sense and off the ball movement isn't focussed on the team. Tactically ill-disciplined which is partly why he wasn't a big success at Barcelona. Pep once described him as something like an "anarchist" or something to that effect.

He's gotten better at it over the years but against strong teams, he still needs to be given a free role in order to excel.

Caught a bit of him on talkSHITE this morning. Was going on about how he thinks Barkley needs to get his priorities right and forget about the money he could make from moving clubs.

This coming from the bloke that's been investigated for corruption and caught making a dodgy deal for a large sum of money whilst managing England.

Heard his comments yesterday about having not done due dilligence on Sunderland, and saying in hindsight he shouldn't have went there.

This of course followed on from him mentioning his 10 years at Everton but pretty much glossing over being sacked from his next 2 positions, and being out of work before they (Mackems) came knocking.

Moyes on Moyes

"I think it’s a good gamble and I think if I was a West Ham chairman I would certainly consider David Moyes as manager, that’s for sure."

Well of course.  You're David Moyes.

:lol:

Moyes on Moyes

"I think it’s a good gamble and I think if I was a West Ham chairman I would certainly consider David Moyes as manager, that’s for sure."

Well of course.  You're David Moyes.

Which psychotherapist has he been seeing?

He's followed the Freddie Shep approach by swinging from one extreme to the other, that West Ham squad is pretty average in all honesty. It's not going to be an easy job, not as difficult as the Mackems one but his sole target will be the same, 17th.