The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Some fans over there seem to think that the intention is still to have a new manager by next August, but Sherwood would accept nowt less than 18 months. "Guarantee me a stab in the hot-seat and at least 18-month's pay (whether I'm replaced in the summer or not), or I'll fuck off right now and you won't even have an interim." Makes sense I suppose?

what is shows to me is Levys lost it and hadn't a clue what to do about replacing AVB, this is the golden chance to get into the cl and they're throwing it away

Got to assume there was something up with AVB, beyond the fact he didn't have them in exceptional form.

Some fans over there seem to think that the intention is still to have a new manager by next August, but Sherwood would accept nowt less than 18 months. "Guarantee me a stab in the hot-seat and at least 18-month's pay (whether I'm replaced in the summer or not), or I'll fuck off right now and you won't even have an interim." Makes sense I suppose?

what is shows to me is Levys lost it and hadn't a clue what to do about replacing AVB, this is the golden chance to get into the cl and they're throwing it away

Got to assume there was something up with AVB, beyond the fact he didn't have them in exceptional form.

with Levy it wouldn't surprise me if he just threw his toys out of the pram because of the city and liverpool result. Its utterly moronic

On this subject, I saw this in Jamie Redknapp's column earlier:

There is absolutely no reason why Tim Sherwood should not be the next manager of Tottenham Hotspur.  He has played the game at the highest level, understands English football and he knows the club inside out.  It’s not fair to put Sherwood on trial, somebody needs to make a decision.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2528100/JAMIE-REDKNAPP-No-reason-Tim-Sherwood-Tottenham-boss.html

:lol: :lol: WTF?  It's not fair to not give an entirely unproven youth coach one of the top jobs in the country on the strength of no evidence at all.

There is absolutely no reason why Tim Sherwood should not be the next manager of Tottenham Hotspur.  He has played the game at the highest level, understands English football and he knows the club inside out.  It’s not fair to put Sherwood on trial, somebody needs to make a decision.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2528100/JAMIE-REDKNAPP-No-reason-Tim-Sherwood-Tottenham-boss.html

:lol: :lol: WTF?  It's not fair to not give an entirely unproven youth coach one of the top jobs in the country on the strength of no evidence at all.

but he's english what more qualifications does he need?!!! (other than that silly pro license thing all managers must have even in league of ireland)

Conspiracy theory:

Part 1:

Spurs not looking like title-contenders

Part 2:

AVB doing/saying 'something' to the press/Levy which angered the board

Unplanned SACK

Part 3:

Spurs decide to take their time on finding a long-term replacement

Appoint an interim

Interim considers the desperation of his employers and holds them to ransom on a contract

Part 4:

Sherwood signs 18-month contract, enabling him a shot at the big-time and a guaranteed severance pay

:dontknow:

:memelol:

To the spurs forums.

Right behind you  :laugh:

Straw clutching ahoy

errr surely thats a typo on teh website. WH on earth would we appoint him to the end of next season?

It has to be a typo. Otherwise why would Levy make the following comment:

"....and allow them to flourish and enjoy a strong, exciting finish to the season."

We would usually say " appointed with an x year contract'. And why would we tie ourselves in when a bunch of decent managers are potentially available this summer?

18 month contract confirmed

Maybe they mean 18 PL games

Of all the utterly terrible Football-Shit-Talkers in the media, Redknapp is very near the top of the pile. Clueless dickhead.

This desperation to appoint an English man never ceases to amaze me, particularly as there are none qualified for the gig.

They all want a stab at the big time without earning it. This Sherwood clown had the gall to ask for the job having managed no club at any level. Has he even been a number 2? Unreal.

Amazingly, they have actually given it to him.

Sherwood talks a great game about his own abilities, maybe he aced the interview :lol:

Apparently AVB gave a fantastic power point presentation during his interview

Jamie Redknapp, who used to run a business with Sherwood. That arsehole is basically an agent for his dad and his mates.

Text my Spurs mate, he's not as pissed off as I thought he'd be.

Tim played his hand well. Said he wasn't interested in the job on an interim basis and Levy had no one else lined up. If we play like we did yesterday every week I won't complain. We'll win more than we lose and be in or around the top few at the end of the season. He had the youth team dominating everyone last season.

Text my Spurs mate, he's not as pissed off as I thought he'd be.

Tim played his hand well. Said he wasn't interested in the job on an interim basis and Levy had no one else lined up. If we play like we did yesterday every week I won't complain. We'll win more than we lose and be in or around the top few at the end of the season. He had the youth team dominating everyone last season.

One match. :lol:

As I said the other day, it baffles me how the media only seem to call sackings knee-jerk and not appointments.