The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Think it's a little harsh on Moyes tbh, he filled the requirements of what he was brought in for, could see him establishing what he had at Everton there if he was given the job long term. They must have someone else already lined up because they made that statement about getting someone in in 10 days. I think we can breathe easy, there is no way Rafa will leave inside that time frame, he's a man of honour and he will give Ashley the chance to make the assurances he wants, whether he'll get them or not is open to debate, but it'll take a lot more than 10 days of talk for that to happen.

I have very little time for West Ham, hope they employ someone like Chris Coleman next, since they like ex failed Mackem managers.

It's not harsh, Moyes and Allardyce produce dull football teams that don't do much more than barely survive. West Ham seem to see themselves as better than that for some reason, not sure it's justified but fair enough if that's what they want. Everton can certainly do better.

I think west ham should definitely be aiming higher than dull football and playing in the Premier. They're a historic team. I'm happy for any team to bin off a shite manager in an effort to get a better one, anyway. All football clubs should aim to compete and entertain the paying fans.

Think it's a little harsh on Moyes tbh, he filled the requirements of what he was brought in for, could see him establishing what he had at Everton there if he was given the job long term. They must have someone else already lined up because they made that statement about getting someone in in 10 days. I think we can breathe easy, there is no way Rafa will leave inside that time frame, he's a man of honour and he will give Ashley the chance to make the assurances he wants, whether he'll get them or not is open to debate, but it'll take a lot more than 10 days of talk for that to happen.

I have very little time for West Ham, hope they employ someone like Chris Coleman next, since they like ex failed Mackem managers.

It's not harsh, Moyes and Allardyce produce dull football teams that don't do much more than barely survive. West Ham seem to see themselves as better than that for some reason, not sure it's justified but fair enough if that's what they want. Everton can certainly do better.

whatever about Allardyce but Moyes Everton did a fair bit better than barely survive over a long period of time with next to no cash once he was given time to build.

Darren Moore appointed manager at West Brom.

He deserves it but it's never easy to go from caretaker to real manager, he's got to hope he follows the likes of Hughton rather than the countless examples of failed caretakers. That squad is not great and he'll lose the better players in it. The big advantage though is they've made the appointment very early and are a step ahead of their main rivals next season like Stoke and Swansea who will probably spend the next few weeks finding a new man to take charge. I'm not convinced they'll bounce right back up but they've probably got the best chance of the three relegated clubs right now. Strange that in the last two years just one club (us) bounced back up, it's not that common anymore.

Andres Iniesta is being lined up to replace Mikel Arteta at Manchester City.

The Barcelona legend is Pep Guardiola’s number one choice to fill the void left by Arteta who is expected to be confirmed as Arsenal manager later this month.

Guest firetotheworks

Andres Iniesta is being lined up to replace Mikel Arteta at Manchester City.

The Barcelona legend is Pep Guardiola’s number one choice to fill the void left by Arteta who is expected to be confirmed as Arsenal manager later this month.

Good lord.

:lol: I've been critical of Wenger for ages but what's the point if you are going to replace him with Arteta?

I might be wrong, but if they appoint Arteta I see a train wreck on the horizon, probably not last a year.

:lol: I've been critical of Wenger for ages but what's the point if you are going to replace him with Arteta?

I might be wrong, but if they appoint Arteta I see a train wreck on the horizon, probably not last a year.

Curious to know the basis of your assertion there? What is there to suggest he wouldn't be successful? or that he lacks the skill/nous to succeed?

how long has he been with pep now?  he's learned from the best manager in the world and has arsenal connections, assume they've done their homework and he's got something about him rather than just picked an ex player working for pep

Maybe I'm misremembering things but it was a bit of a punt when Chelsea appointed Vialli initially but it didn't work out too bad initially? Other examples like Dalglish, Souness spring to mind...TBH Keegan wasn't a big name manager at the time he was appointed here the first time around. It might well work out for Arteta/Arsenal.

Maybe I'm misremembering things but it was a bit of a punt when Chelsea appointed Vialli initially but it didn't work out too bad initially? Other examples like Dalglish, Souness spring to mind...TBH Keegan wasn't a big name manager at the time he was appointed here the first time around. It might well work out for Arteta/Arsenal.

Zidane too

how long has he been with pep now?  he's learned from the best manager in the world and has arsenal connections, assume they've done their homework and he's got something about him rather than just picked an ex player working for pep

He might be class but I wouldn't assume because he's learning under Pep it will work out.

I mean look at all the idiots who came from learning under Ferguson :lol:

Difference there is all those players were world class, Arteta didn't even play international football. Those managers immediately had the respect of the players when they came in, what's Arteta done to demand that ? Sat with a miserable face on the bench handing Pep water bottles ?