The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

8th is a respectable finish for a Fat Sam side imo. Why sack him unless they legitimately have better lined up.

Because the football is joyless and he's a fat obnoxious bellend, he never builds up any goodwill with his employers that you might get when being perceived to be building something, playing football on the deck or being a decent person who accepts responsibility.

Ehhh. It's Everton. Martinez's tenure was slightly livelier than Moyes' but i've never associated them with "fun to watch" tbh.

I'm strictly talking about footballing reasons here, not the fact he's a turd golem btw. I get and agree with that. They should just be careful what they wish for.

I'm just saying that's the reason fans/owners get sick of him sharpish and he simply gets binned.

The goodwill towards him is non-existent, so "football reasons" aren't enough to persevere with him.

You know what you're getting with Allardyce, in a bad way.  Stability for a while but it's ugly and it's not leading anywhere.

8th is a respectable finish for a Fat Sam side imo. Why sack him unless they legitimately have better lined up.

Because the football is joyless and he's a fat obnoxious bellend, he never builds up any goodwill with his employers that you might get when being perceived to be building something, playing football on the deck or being a decent person who accepts responsibility.

Ehhh. It's Everton. Martinez's tenure was slightly livelier than Moyes' but i've never associated them with "fun to watch" tbh.

I'm strictly talking about footballing reasons here, not the fact he's a turd golem btw. I get and agree with that. They should just be careful what they wish for.

Aye but they have money to spend now. Time to build a legacy innit. You want Sam running that show?

Aye but they have money to spend now. Time to build a legacy innit. You want Sam running that show?

Won't hurt me none. Might be fun to watch from the outside.

I understand it from their side really though.

:lol: Thomas i understand what you are saying but after Pardew i must say i slightly cringe whenever someone says be careful what you wish for tbh.

I wanted to try it out. :lol: It didn't feel good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/44138959

Lotak: The season finished barely 72 hours ago and we already have two managerial casualties. And both managers did what was asked of them - kept the team up comfortably (nine and 16 points for WHU and Everton respectively).

Rakesh Pradhan: Are Everton and West Ham bigger than City, United, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal? They are playing for seventh. Burnley managed it with giving manager time and a style that works. Owners need to have guts to stick with managers despite what the fans think.

Robert Blackwood‏: I have a feeling West Ham will regret getting rid of Moyes. He was building something pretty good, and it smacked of his time at Everton. Decision is both short-sighted & bizarre. David Sullivan & co should've offered manager & players stability.

I notice all the quoted fans criticising Everton and West Ham for getting rid of their managers never state who they support. Would they be happy with one of these two as their club's manager?

This guy has it right: -

Peter Robinson: To all of those asking what do Everton supporters want, we want to be entertained. We do not want to pay £60 for a sterile 90 mins that creates a vacuum in a stadium of 40,000. 200mil team playing DROSSBALL. That is not what anyone wants, including the owner!

Think it's a little harsh on Moyes tbh, he filled the requirements of what he was brought in for, could see him establishing what he had at Everton there if he was given the job long term. They must have someone else already lined up because they made that statement about getting someone in in 10 days. I think we can breathe easy, there is no way Rafa will leave inside that time frame, he's a man of honour and he will give Ashley the chance to make the assurances he wants, whether he'll get them or not is open to debate, but it'll take a lot more than 10 days of talk for that to happen.

I have very little time for West Ham, hope they employ someone like Chris Coleman next, since they like ex failed Mackem managers.

Haven't a clue why Moyes was appointed in the first place tbh. Was such a weird move.

Somewhat surprised Allardyce hasn't bullshitted himself into another year with Everton.

Guest neesy111

Haven't a clue why Moyes was appointed in the first place tbh. Was such a weird move.

Somewhat surprised Allardyce hasn't bullshitted himself into another year with Everton.

They had no one else to go for tbf.

A 27m striker (in Cenk Tosun) reduced to feeding on limited scraps, is another indictment on Allardyce's 'drossball' as coined in quotes above. Tosun appeared frustrated as hell when I saw them play. Still he's efficient in front of goal. Looking forward to seeing what he can deliver, if Everton hire a manager who likes to keep the ball on the deck (and not isolate a striker, and use them as lump-ball battering ram).

Moyes didn't do that badly to be fair, but perhaps I only think that because West Ham's squad looks a total mess, and has for a while their transfer policy seems mad. Their set of players always seem to lack all logic or reason and seem to pull a million players out so never seem to play the same squad twice.

Bit harsh on Moyes considering he did the job required in a reasonably comfortable manner and the football was alright, not terrible whenever I watched them anyway. Suppose it worked out for him anyway since he'll no doubt be back in a job around november whenever someone gets worried about relegation and his reputation is in a better spot than it was post Sunderland

There's no surprise they wanted Marco Silva when they sacked Koemann, and he's now available. Don't even need to go into Allardyce's horrible football and how much the fans hated him to answer this question ???

There's no surprise they wanted Marco Silva when they sacked Koemann, and he's now available. Don't even need to go into Allardyce's horrible football and how much the fans hated him to answer this question ???

seemed kinda obvious Allerdyce was always just keeping the seat warm for Marco Silva from day one

No doubt Silva will go to Everton, and no doubt he'll have them playing some great stuff at the start of next season. Can they keep it up though ? We've no real clue if Silva can sustain his early success at clubs, as he's not stuck around. His Watford team this year was falling apart before he was sacked. Think for a club with Everton's ambitions it's a bit of a gamble.

His Watford team started faltering after he wasn't allowed to speak to Everton when they went in for him post Koeman. Apparently Silva really wanted to speak to them, and so don't think his heart was in the Watford job afterwards.

Think he's a really good manager. He'll do really well at Everton I think.

His Watford team started faltering after he wasn't allowed to speak to Everton when they went in for him post Koeman. Apparently Silva really wanted to speak to them, and so don't think his heart was in the Watford job afterwards.

Think he's a really good manager. He'll do really well at Everton I think.

Plenty of other managers have been touted for other jobs and other clubs have approached their club for them, without it going as spectacularly off the rails as Watford did, they were 4th at one point I think, in the end they were in a relegation fight.

I don't think Moyes did that badly. I reckon some of it will be to gloss over West Ham's other problems, with the stadium and Brady and the club seemingly talking to factions of fans including the ICF.

Allardyce was jammy as anything to get 6 points off us, with a much more valuable squad. Sacking him is much more understandable.

Anyway, now the Allardyce and Pardew have been discredited, perhaps the media could finally fucking shut up about us being impatient and turning on "good" managers. On that score, it's been a great season for us.

I don't think Moyes did that badly. I reckon some of it will be to gloss over West Ham's other problems, with the stadium and Brady and the club seemingly talking to factions of fans including the ICF.

Allardyce was jammy as anything to get 6 points off us, with a much more valuable squad. Sacking him is much more understandable.

Anyway, now the Allardyce and Pardew have been discredited, perhaps the media could finally fucking shut up about us being impatient and turning on "good" managers. On that score, it's been a great season for us.

Pardew is probably now radioactive for a while, but Allardyce his reputation in tact, at least amongst the media and even the dross fans of other clubs judging by message board sentiment - alot are buying the "He saved them from relegation!!11! and got them to 8th" cries (they were 13th and he had most of the season with a cray cray expensive squad)

How come no one has suggested Moyes to Everton yet, the romantic reunion where he can set everything right again and restore his legacy?

No?

Not even on the (better than) odd chance that it goes to shite, for the entertainment value?

How come no one has suggested Moyes to Everton yet, the romantic reunion where he can set everything right again and restore his legacy?

No?

Not even on the (better than) odd chance that it goes to shite, for the entertainment value?

I think whatshisbox is nailed on for the Everton job.

No?

I think he burnt a few bridges there, and what will also work against him is the immediate job Martinez did when he replaced him. The style of play transformed and put into perspective for their fans how dire the football was under Moyes. After having to put up with Fat Sam football for best part of last season, they are not going to take too kindly to the return of Moyes's brand.

Guest Howaythetoon

Big Sam is a better manager than Moyes, but that’s like saying Aids is better than Cancer...

Carvahal gone from Swansea. Honestly while he struggled in premier league he did well in championship previously didn't he?  They've lacked so much stability for a few seasons now they might have benefited from sticking with him