The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Guest firetotheworks

Maybe I'm misremembering things but it was a bit of a punt when Chelsea appointed Vialli initially but it didn't work out too bad initially? Other examples like Dalglish, Souness spring to mind...TBH Keegan wasn't a big name manager at the time he was appointed here the first time around. It might well work out for Arteta/Arsenal.

Zidane too

And Luis Enrique, and Pep himself. [emoji38]

By all accounts, Arteta sounds like an excellent coach. It'll be interesting to see whether it works at Arsenal.

We’re always pissing and moaning about the manager-go-round, I’m glad to see Arsenal go and make an out-of-the-box appointment. Arteta was a smart player and he’s been shadowing Pep for 2 years.

We’re always pissing and moaning about the manager-go-round, I’m glad to see Arsenal go and make an out-of-the-box appointment. Arteta was a smart player and he’s been shadowing Pep for 2 years.

Didn't mean the PFM lords or anything like that :lol: Just people like Allegri or the Monaco coach is what i expected tbh, although i do agree it's nice to see a club go outside the norm i'm more speaking from a place of shock than anything else.

Pochettino will surely bide his time for a top continental team. Think he'll be the next Real Madrid manager whenever it's available. Perhaps if they don't win the CL.

Not sure about that. Poch is a proper coach. The current squad and setup is best suited to top man managers, managers who have players bought and sold for them with the ability to be sharp tactically when needed. It’s a difficult club to be shaped in a managers image. I don’t think they would go for him and he would fail imo. 

Zidane stays win or lose imo.  Getting to 3 CL finals in a row is a tremendous achievement and one that will save his job unless he or the team has a mare. 

The Arteta move smacks of mediocrity.

Guardiola, Enrique (Who I don’t rate) and Zidane were all groomed for those jobs. All managed the respective B teams. Iirc Zidane even wore suits as a coach or assistant to Carlo before taking up the manager role at Castilla.  He was always going to be given a chance at the job.

Enrique left the B team and flopped at Roma and he still got the role. He was always going to get it one day.

I hope Arteta does well. But if Arsenal were desperate to compete again they would go for Allegri or someone.

They’ve decided to go for someone who will be grateful for the opportunity.

Confirmed today he's staying at Juventus. Grande mister.

I hope Arteta does well. But if Arsenal were desperate to compete again they would go for Allegri or someone. 

They’ve decided to go for someone who will be grateful for the opportunity.

Even if they went for Allegri I don't see why he'd want to leave Juventus for them.

Andres Iniesta is being lined up to replace Mikel Arteta at Manchester City.

The Barcelona legend is Pep Guardiola’s number one choice to fill the void left by Arteta who is expected to be confirmed as Arsenal manager later this month.

Jesus, I’d like to officially announce I’m a Man City fan :lol:

Andres Iniesta is being lined up to replace Mikel Arteta at Manchester City.

The Barcelona legend is Pep Guardiola’s number one choice to fill the void left by Arteta who is expected to be confirmed as Arsenal manager later this month.

Jesus, I’d like to officially announce I’m a Man City fan :lol:

Alright Mike. :lol:

Friend of mine was a big PR man for Liverpool in the Shankley era.  He always used to tell me that Bob Paisley was the coach and the manager, Shankley was just the front man and Mr Motivator.  I always found it hard to believe at the time but when Paisley took over and what he achieved  proved the point

One of the most annoying things at work is someone going to you: "Matt... have you seen Sky Sports just now...?" I like no, what, wtfs happened!? "... Benitez linked with West Ham."

Setting the tale up as if that's news.

The fact Arteta has cleared the decks in terms of the backroom staff gives me confidence. Could have gone in meekly and kept them around.

?

Can't find the artie but it said that a number of staff had been told they were not required by Arteta and he claimed the medical staff fornrishing him back from injury so they were out the door. I'll keep looking to see if I can find it.

The fact Arteta has cleared the decks in terms of the backroom staff gives me confidence. Could have gone in meekly and kept them around.

?

Can't find the artie but it said that a number of staff had been told they were not required by Arteta and he claimed the medical staff fornrishing him back from injury so they were out the door. I'll keep looking to see if I can find it.

fuck so it's that far down the line?  didn't actually realise it was a done thing, thought it was still a rumour to some extent

?

fuck so it's that far down the line?  didn't actually realise it was a done thing, thought it was still a rumour to some extent

It might be bullshit can't remember the articles source as it was on one of those Google feeds but that's what they were implying.