The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Guest Howaythetoon

Good appointment for West Ham, but their squad needs an overhaul if they are to play the Lind of football he wants his team to play.

Aye, their squad needs some major work. Was obvious they were going to have issues at the start of last season as they were only signing mercenaries on huge wages that were past their sell-by date (Arnautovic aside - still a mercenary though). Hope they repeat the same mistake and go down next season with a ridiculous wage bill. Awful club, awful fans.

Pellegrini is a great appointment for West Ham, and kudos for them going for it. He will give them stability, and look to push them onto the next level. I can’t see them being as weak as they have been this season under him.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s an ambitious appointment, I’d be actually jealous if I were a Man Utd fan right now as he would have been a good suit for them.

How do they feel though after they we're sure it was rafa :smitten:

Not sure it was the West Ham fans who were sure it was Rafa, but more like the media trying to make it look like it was Rafa to create a story.

Think thats a class appointment personally. The best manager they could possibly hope to get

Does anyone think it's not a class appointment?

i don't think it'll work out at all, is as far as i'm going to go

If it's going to work he's one of the only realistic managers capable IMO. He got Villarreal into the top 3 of La Liga on more than one occasion and into the quarter final of the CL. If that's not impressive enough he then done pretty much the same with Malaga.

Arni, Lanzini, Masuaku, Obiang and Javier Hernández is a good start to a top half team. It's certainly workable if he gets abit of money. Big if like.

Guest Howaythetoon

Think thats a class appointment personally. The best manager they could possibly hope to get

The football will improve, but given his name and what he’s achieved expectations will rise massively as well. If he can get them playing good football and looking for a top 7 position fans will be happy, but they need an injection of the right kind of players to play that way which will cost a lot of money and also a decent start. The owners must back him, no point getting someone like him if they don’t. I’d be very happy with him as our own manager, never mind as a West Ham manager.

If it's going to work he's one of the only realistic managers capable IMO. He got Villarreal into the top 3 of La Liga on more than one occasion and into the quarter final of the CL. If that's not impressive enough he then done pretty much the same with Malaga.

Arni, Lanzini, Masuaku, Obiang and Javier Hernández is a good start to a top half team. It's certainly workable if he gets abit of money. Big if like.

Got Villareal to a CL semi final where Riquelme missed a penalty in the last few minutes iirc to get knocked out by Arsenal. With Malaga got to a quarter where they were ridiculously unlucky conceding two late goals, one of them offside against Dortmund the year Dortmund got to the final. Even got Man City to a CL semi final where they only got beat by a goal by Real and Real won the final. Got Real Madrid to a then club record points tally and only lost the league because it was Barca at their very best. Class manager

Got Villareal to a CL semi final where Riquelme missed a penalty in the last few minutes iirc to get knocked out by Arsenal. With Malaga got to a quarter where they were ridiculously unlucky conceding two late goals, one of them offside against Dortmund the year Dortmund got to the final. Even got Man City to a CL semi final where they only got beat by a goal by Real and Real won the final. Got Real Madrid to a then club record points tally and only lost the league because it was Barca at their very best. Class manager

Malaga had Isco, Toulalan and Joaquin that season didn't they? Pellegrini is under rated like.

Guest Howaythetoon

put it this way, if rafa stays and gets even mediocre backing we'll be finishing above them imo

I wouldn’t be so confident. We overachieved this season and while the league isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, it will be much tougher next season. Unless we spend good money and address several key areas and issues, it’s another relegation fight for us even with Rafa. As good as Diame, Shelvey and Perez have been for example, they are at best average PL players capable of a purple patch. We need more, much more. We need recognised and proven quality. If we were to get an injury or two to any of our better players we would be fucked. I’d rather those better players of ours become squad players as that means our first-team will be much stronger. We don’t need a huge overhaul, just 3-4 real quality additions. We need more variety as well. Although Rafa likes to have two players for each position pretty much even keel in terms of what he wants from them so that will make having someone different or extra special a big ask...

I read a stat before (probably on twitter) that Rafa has reduced our muscle related injuries by 60%+ compared to other PL seasons. It's the lowest rate of strains and tears we've ever had. Suppose it reinforces how fortunate we've been that Ayoze hasn't been out or Jamaal more than once etc as we have nowt else.

put it this way, if rafa stays and gets even mediocre backing we'll be finishing above them imo

I wouldn’t be so confident. We overachieved this season and while the league isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, it will be much tougher next season. Unless we spend good money and address several key areas and issues, it’s another relegation fight for us even with Rafa. As good as Diame, Shelvey and Perez have been for example, they are at best average PL players capable of a purple patch. We need more, much more. We need recognised and proven quality. If we were to get an injury or two to any of our better players we would be fucked. I’d rather those better players of ours become squad players as that means our first-team will be much stronger. We don’t need a huge overhaul, just 3-4 real quality additions. We need more variety as well. Although Rafa likes to have two players for each position pretty much even keel in terms of what he wants from them so that will make having someone different or extra special a big ask...

yeah mediocre backing, i.e. 3-4 quality additions including a striker better than gayle/joselu and i think we'll be pushing on no doubt

we've got a quality system going on, more sustainable than say the likes of burnley who are unlikely to repeat...get some players we'll be looking up, but yeah if we're feeding scraps then sure it'll be another slog

"We will also be resurfacing the artificial pitch inside the indoor facility. It will be a 4G surface which is much better for the players to train on; there is less impact on the body and less problems with injuries.

"If our supporters play in their five-a-side teams perhaps, then they will know themselves the difference between a poor quality artificial pitch and a 4G pitch.

Absolutely pathetic a Premier league club did not have a 4g pitch, laughable.

They've been attempt to relay the indoor pitch for YEARS. It's awful like. The number of kids I've seen twist their ankles and knees on it, is insane. Our training facility was state of the art when it was built, but it was built 15 years ago. The advancements and understanding of Sports Science and Scouting since then have been immense. Our scouts work in a portacabin you'd see on a building site. Our Sports Scientists are crammed in to a small stuffy room.

"We will also be resurfacing the artificial pitch inside the indoor facility. It will be a 4G surface which is much better for the players to train on; there is less impact on the body and less problems with injuries.

"If our supporters play in their five-a-side teams perhaps, then they will know themselves the difference between a poor quality artificial pitch and a 4G pitch.

They've been attempt to relay the indoor pitch for YEARS. It's awful like. The number of kids I've seen twist their ankles and knees on it, is insane. Our training facility was state of the art when it was built, but it was built 15 years ago. The advancements and understanding of Sports Science and Scouting since then have been immense. Our scouts work in a portacabin you'd see on a building site. Our Sports Scientists are crammed in to a small stuffy room.

£400m pls, not a penny less, unless you offer £400m then it's £425m not a penny less

£400m pls, not a penny less, unless you offer £400m then it's £425m not a penny less

10 If offer = x then let ask = x+2500000

goto 10