The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - De Zerbi dezertin' Brighton

cp40

Him beating Pochettino and Spurs at home was significant. If Poch beats them convincingly in that game it really cements him as the favourite, but he didn't manage it. Poch has really struggled to win things. The way they went out of the league cup to Chelsea was quite poor too.

Solksjaer should be in with a strong shout. I mean when Real brought in Zidane it was quite the gamble too and that worked out big time. 

Him beating Pochettino and Spurs at home was significant. If Poch beats them convincingly in that game it really cements him as the favourite, but he didn't manage it. Poch has really struggled to win things. The way they went out of the league cup to Chelsea was quite poor too.

Solksjaer should be in with a strong shout. I mean when Real brought in Zidane it was quite the gamble too and that worked out big time. 

What was quite poor about it?

Fair play to OGS. Can they ignore this form?

If he gets them in the top 4 then I think he will be considered for the job though it will depend how much the players would like him to stay.

it's an interesting one because the quality of their attacking players is really, really hiding how fucking awful their defence is and that doesn't seem like something that's sustainable really...they'll have enough firepower to blow most of the league away but unless they spend about £400m on a new defence and improvements in midfield they'll not challenge

Guest neesy111

Spurs on another day win that game 3/4 - 1 tbf to them.

What was quite poor about it?

They had the lead from the first leg, and Chelsea have been in poor form. They really should have got a result. Just seems Poch isn't quite there yet. Think he should stay with Spurs, or he might end up struggling at Man U as they won't accept similar results to what he's had at Spurs. It would be even more difficult following Solskjaer now, considering how well he's done.

Looks like Neil Lennon's leaving Hibs

Australian media reporting that Lennon has been "suspended" by Hibs for falling out with everyone. Graham Arnold, the Australian national team manager, who just failed spectacularly for the second time at an Asian Cup, has put his name forward for the job. Three Aussies (well, two, and a Scottish Aussie who'd never been to Australia before getting a passport) play for Hibs...

If he gets them in the top 4 then I think he will be considered for the job though it will depend how much the players would like him to stay.

it's an interesting one because the quality of their attacking players is really, really hiding how fucking awful their defence is and that doesn't seem like something that's sustainable really...they'll have enough firepower to blow most of the league away but unless they spend about £400m on a new defence and improvements in midfield they'll not challenge

Our midfield is quality man. :lol: Need a RB and possibly two CB's, however Lindelof has been excellent. Shaw is a good left back for many years.

it's an interesting one because the quality of their attacking players is really, really hiding how f***ing awful their defence is and that doesn't seem like something that's sustainable really...they'll have enough firepower to blow most of the league away but unless they spend about £400m on a new defence and improvements in midfield they'll not challenge

Our midfield is quality man. :lol: Need a RB and possibly two CB's, however Lindelof has been excellent. Shaw is a good left back for many years.

Think Lindelof will be a great defender. Even under Mourinho I thought he showed flashes to suggest he was good

it's an interesting one because the quality of their attacking players is really, really hiding how f***ing awful their defence is and that doesn't seem like something that's sustainable really...they'll have enough firepower to blow most of the league away but unless they spend about £400m on a new defence and improvements in midfield they'll not challenge

Think Lindelof will be a great defender. Even under Mourinho I thought he showed flashes to suggest he was good

that post was mainly aimed at the defence but i think you could do with some tweaking in midfield, if you want to challenge for the title anytime soon that is

Their defence isn’t nearly as bad as Mourinho made them look TBH. A couple of signings (and sales) would do it.

OGS just seems to be not-Mourinho though, which I don’t think is a long-term strategy.

Just read how he's saying top 4 isn't the be all and end all and it's about winning trophies. Rafa could learn from that.

Imagine QPR away to get to the QF and then a 5 in 7 chance of a winnable tie to make Wembley yet we fold like a pack of cards before we get that chance just to lose tonight. Baffling

Their defence isn’t nearly as bad as Mourinho made them look TBH. A couple of signings (and sales) would do it.

OGS just seems to be not-Mourinho though, which I don’t think is a long-term strategy.

Just read how he's saying top 4 isn't the be all and end all and it's about winning trophies. Rafa could learn from that.

Imagine QPR away to get to the QF and then a 5 in 7 chance of a winnable tie to make Wembley yet we fold like a pack of cards before we get that chance just to lose tonight. Baffling

Easy to come out with those statements when you have a £500m+ squad that enables you to not even consider playing the likes of Rashford, Martial, Mata etc

Easy to come out with those statements when you have a £500m+ squad that enables you to not even consider playing the likes of Rashford, Martial, Mata etc

It is but resting players for an all out defence loss to Man City over getting to Wembley is ridiculous