The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest Howaythetoon

Bloody hell just saw that Puel has been sacked, listening to him speak post match I do think his lack of personaity hasn’t helped him mind, if he had a big personality I think he’d be able to see out a run of poor results.

Leicester actually play good football and have had some very notable results user him, but Vardy especially doesn’t suit their possession game and I don’t think their fans are convinced by the style of play under Puel.

He’s a good manager IMO, but again, seems to lack a steely personality, he seems too nice and relaxed and Leicester play like that in many ways.

If they keep chopping and changing their managers after a few bad results it will catch up with them. I think Rafa would be a great appointment for them and would make them one of the best of the rest. I like the look of Barnes and thought bringing him off yesterday was the wrong decision as he was not only their best player, but most likely to create or score.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yeah I could see that and Bournemouth disappearing.

Not much chance of that if Bournemouth keep spending what they have given Eddie Howe in the Premier League :lol:

Bournemouth spend midtable money even a half decent manager will keep them midtable with the money they spent.

Ake £20million+ defender he bought.

Lerma £20million+ midfielder he bought.

Solanke £20million+ striker he bought.

Honestly where do people get this picture that Eddie Howe is working with some League 2 squad with the worst budget in the world? :mackems:

He isn’t doing some Premier League miracle every season spending that much.

I really don't get your weird hatred of Eddie Howe :lol:

He is doing a decent job just not the Premier League miracle people make out is my point :lol:

Sorry, but what he’s done at Bournemouth is kind of a miracle. Highlighting him spending 20m plus each on a few players to try and downplay what he’s done is a weak argument because the ammount he has spent and the players he has bought in are not deciding factors behind their rise and success, Howe is.

Pointing to conceding a high number of goals or losing streaks shouldn’t be used to demean what he’s achieved and how good a job he’s done either.

He’s built Bournemouth into a very competitive mid-table PL footballing side with a team packed with a nice blend of youngsters and unknown players capable of producing a lot more in ways other clubs big and small have struggled to achieve spending similar and even more.

Bloody hell just saw that Puel has been sacked, listening to him speak post match I do think his lack of personaity hasn’t helped him mind, if he had a big personality I think he’d be able to see out a run of poor results.

Leicester actually play good football and have had some very notable results user him, but Vardy especially doesn’t suit their possession game and I don’t think their fans are convinced by the style of play under Puel.

He’s a good manager IMO, but again, seems to lack a steely personality, he seems too nice and relaxed and Leicester play like that in many ways.

If they keep chopping and changing their managers after a few bad results it will catch up with them. I think Rafa would be a great appointment for them and would make them one of the best of the rest. I like the look of Barnes and thought bringing him off yesterday was the wrong decision as he was not only their best player, but most likely to create or score.

I agree with you having no personality.

However Rafa would be a bad appointment for them. He doesn’t play the way the Leicester fans seem to want to play.

They do need to calm down with sacking managers though. Since their miracle title win all they have really needed was stability, and the same this season after what’s happened, they just are not doing that though, and like others have said it will catch up with them. They can’t expect to be the best of the rest or challenge to get back into the top 6 by swapping managers all the time and trying to change their style of play over and over.

Rafa doesn't play the way we stereotypically want either but we love him.

Circumstances - after being shit for so long. Different when you are coming down the other way having recently won the title.

Rafa doesn't play the way we stereotypically want either but we love him.

Circumstances - after being shit for so long. Different when you are coming down the other way having recently won the title.

I think it's more a personality thing with Puel rather than style of play. They'd love Rafa like we did.

Guest Howaythetoon

I agree with you having no personality.

However Rafa would be a bad appointment for them. He doesn’t play the way the Leicester fans seem to want to play.

They do need to calm down with sacking managers though. Since their miracle title win all they have really needed was stability, and the same this season after what’s happened, they just are not doing that though, and like others have said it will catch up with them. They can’t expect to be the best of the rest or challenge to get back into the top 6 by swapping managers all the time and trying to change their style of play over and over.

I work a lot in Leicester (although I haven’t for a while) and I don’t think we of all people never mind anyone else should rush to a judgement as to what type of football Leicester City fans expect or would be happy or unhappy with.

From what I gather it’s never so much been about their style of play or even their results under Puel, but the lack of a plan B and a variation in his tactics.

The fact his style and tactics doesn’t suit Vardy’s own game at all on top of all that, a player fans rightly recognise as the main man for them and whose own game and goals have been so important to their success, is an issue as well.

An issue Puel hasn’t shown to have the kind of. strength of character or authoritive personality to deal with in a way that fans and player would accept or be happy with if dropped or asked to do a certain job or play a certain role.

I think Rafa has the strength of character and personality based not only on his CV, but also his communication skills, that both fans and players would concede authority to and accept his style or tactics even if they weren’t exactly happy with them especially if it gets them points.

I don’t like our football under Rafa, but I fully understand why we play the way we do and his tactics, because it works for us and another way of playing or different tactics wouldn’t

The beauty with Rafa though, is he has a plan B even with us and how he sets a team up to play and the tactics he uses are not something Rafa is wedded to and only to. If he had that Leicester team here, would we still play the same way we do right now?

No we wouldn’t, and Rafa doesn’t want us to play like we do all the time either, but that will always be dictated by the quality of players and the type of quality players he has to work with, something Lecister has more of in quality and type of player.

I think he’d be a great appointment for Leicester and would do great things there, things that would please Leicester fans in ways that would make them love Rafa like we do as a manager and person irrespective of how attractive the football is.

Unless they really have been spoilt by winning the title wth delusions of grandeur and high expectations where they would consider someone like Rafa beneath them.

Ive not once sensed that from their fanbase in person, at all. I think they’d love Rafa who inlike Puel, commands almost unconditional respect as a coach and as a personality that fans and players automatically respond to much more than how a Rafa team plays and whatever tactics he uses.

Rafa could do better, but I’m not so sure they could. With their squad, funds and ambitions, he would bring sustained success with consistently high league finishes, European football and silverware.

Who wouldn’t want that....

Over to you Mike

Bizarrely this might work in our favour. If Rafa is courted by the likes of Leicester - and others - then it might, just might, make the FCB wake up and do something to not lose him. Like give him total say, running, and budgets to make this club great again. And exponentially increase the value of the club. Or is that way too logical???

Darth and Jamie Vardy meet up to shout abuse at incoming flights to East Midlands IIRC so likely a very senior source.

Incorrect. We goad the euro coaches at St. Margeret's bus station.

Need to be shouting at the megabuses pulling into Fosse Park.

Two Leicester fans in the office today have said apparently Puel gave fuck all motivation to the players and was quite negative. Not sure if that’s something they’ve heard or what Robert Huth has apparently been saying though

Darth and Jamie Vardy meet up to shout abuse at incoming flights to East Midlands IIRC so likely a very senior source.

Incorrect. We goad the euro coaches at St. Margeret's bus station.

Need to be shouting at the megabuses pulling into Fosse Park.

Two Leicester fans in the office today have said apparently Puel gave fuck all motivation to the players and was quite negative. Not sure if that’s something they’ve heard or what Robert Huth has apparently been saying though

I'm of the understanding he would just flat out blank people to make intangible points known only to him that would result in confrontation. A strange communicator albeit clearly knowledgeable of the game.

Two Leicester fans in the office today have said apparently Puel gave fuck all motivation to the players and was quite negative.

They have had the most shots of any Premier League side in 2019 apparently.

I don’t buy the negative tag. Especially not when I’ve watched them at Spurs and at Liverpool just seems their fans have latched onto a lazy opinion of him and all the sheep fans have followed because they arn’t winning the league anymore :'(