The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Problem with villa is their bang average squad. Benteke had a great season last time out, without him their squad is bottom half at best, at worst just above the relegation lot. No surprises where they are. Lambert hasn't helped, but has added average players to the average squad of players.

It's his squad, though. Last season he should have added two or three players from a better level, would have made a huge difference. But he just added more of the same. Not enough.

I don't even think that's the biggest problem. Quite often we'll send out a side easily enough to get something from a fixture and end up looking abysmal. That is to say, the players together manage to look less than the sum of the parts.

I have also got a creeping suspicion - and i genuinely mean this - that he's a bit mad. Like proper brainwrong mad. Like another recent former manager of ours was.

Everything about villa is 'meh' always have been IMHO.

Each to his own, but I've got some league title and european cup memories which are anything but meh ;-)

Kind of crazy that people were loving Laudrup and Lambert's "style of football" and all that...

At last they didn't win Manager of the Year like the idiot in charge here :anguish:

• 2 weeks later...

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter  1m

End of the road for Moyes at #mufc: if you lose the dressing-room, you either sell the players or sack the manager. Cheaper to sack manager

End of the road for Moyes at #mufc: if you lose the dressing-room, you either sell the players or sack the manager. Cheaper to sack manager

Ashley take note.

http://www.nufcblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/mike-ashley-laughing-360.jpg