The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Apart from the Liverpool connection I don't think it's a dogshit move.

An ambitious club willing to spend money to win a trophy or get into Europe. He could only dream of that at us

The move makes 100% sense from a personal and professional perspective for Rafa at this point in his life and career. The only other club that makes more sense for him in that context would be Liverpool themselves.

I agree that it’s a good move in terms of club, as they will back him and he will have a chance of success.

However, got to consider their fans and the fact that he has to build bridges before he has even started. Same with Chelsea, even winning a trophy didn’t win them Tory, racist cunts over. 

11 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Apart from the Liverpool connection I don't think it's a dogshit move.

An ambitious club willing to spend money to win a trophy or get into Europe. He could only dream of that at us

Joining a club where he’s hated before a ball is even kicked? He’s under pressure from day one with an Everton team that don’t tend to buy managers time.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Joining a club where he’s hated before a ball is even kicked? He’s under pressure from day one with an Everton team that don’t tend to buy managers time.

If you as a manager don't think you can prove yourself the right choice at a club, you probably shouldn't be a manager. He'll 100% believe he can turn the fans around with results and hard work. If he doesn't deliver upon expectations he'd be sacked, but that's the same at every club. I imagine he doesn't feel the constant need to be idolized in his your jobs as long as it gives him a challenge he wants and enables him to do what he loves and be close to his home and family.

Interested to see how long it takes him to get his methods and systems in place with the quality of player around him at Everton vs. how long it took him with us and the shite he had.

Doesn't strike me as an instant impact kind of manager, his methods are meticulous and take time, I just wonder if he'll get enough.

Yeah probably, and better quality of player.  Things didn't exactly go great at Real with a better standard of player mind, like I say it's well documented that his methods are very detailed and not all players are capable/willing to buy in.

Sadly, I think he'll do very well there - he's seemingly been promised "significant funds" and they already have a good squad. 

He HAS to get off to a good start though as some of them lot are already baying for his blood!

Well if we don't get a takeover and Bruce stays as manager then I'm fine with Jones leaving tbh.

Sick of Bruce leeching off him anyway, and taking the credit. If Bruce stays let it all burn down as it should, which will certainly happen without Jones.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

How would a random Newcastle fan who pretends to have knowledge of the Newcastle takeover know who spurs next manager will be ?

I posted it because if it’s not Martinez we’ll soon know what a bullshitter he is