2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Estadio das Dunas in Natal where US v Ghana and the last group game between Italy and Uruguay will play is looking quite nice as well. A bit of a modern touch to it.

13878893775_c7c3529e0d_b.jpg

Looks like a melted SJP

Supposed to look like a sand dune, and looks nothing like St James Park in my opinion.

Last England player to score at a World Cup?

http://live4liverpool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/matthew_upson.jpg

I remember when he used to be a decent defender. Didn't injuries ruin him?

Last England player to score at a World Cup?

http://live4liverpool.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/matthew_upson.jpg

I remember when he used to be a decent defender. Didn't injuries ruin him?

He is 35 now but has played pretty much every game this season for Brighton.

Been some progress over the last couple of days which is certainly a relief. Seemed like nothing was happening for a while. The stadium in itself is ready, it's the seats and the outer part of the stadium that is missing. Seats will be easy to fix and they can definitely finish that in a week. It's the outside of the arena that I'm worried about. No streets, no nothing for fans which is very very worrying. They have a month to get all of that ready. Actually less but they won't be ready until the 15th of May when FIFA takes over.

Anyone have any sense of when FIFA will be mailing out the tickets? I hope they do it really soon...

Nope they said april but switched to may. So I'd guess anytime in the coming three weeks.

Valcke admitting that the full capacity of the stadium in Sao Paulo will be ready last minute and that no test will be done with full capacity.

The stadium is supposed to be able to fill 68k+ fans but when it is inaugarated on the 17th of May in a match between Corinthians and Figueirense only 50k will be able to watch the match. Apparently FIFA has sold the full amount of tickets as well for the game so there's no breathing room in case they don't make it :lol: This will be glorious.

Also Ronaldo looks thinner, maybe we can call him up for the WC

http://s2.glbimg.com/fILC0daarI20uBWMr3vhkH3NQuI=/0x32:412x578/300x397/s.glbimg.com/es/ge/f/original/2014/04/22/ronaldo.jpg

Guest chopey

I printed out my Tesco/Budwiser world cup fixture wall chart and put it on the office wall today, takes my mind off the St James Park circus.

50 days :sweetjesus:

:frantic:

Was 50 days on Tuesday not yesterday fwiw

Shut up.

50 days :frantic:

:lol:

I'm just waiting for the CL final. Only fun thing left to watch of this horrible season. Alan Pardew is a cunt. There got it into this thread as well.

Guest Roger Kint

:lol:

When do countries announce their squads?

Provisional squads will be around mid May. Final squads have to be submitted about 2 weeks bfore it starts iirc