2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok hypothetical scenario. Newcastle are in a champions league final. We are losing by one goal with 2 minutes left. Ben Arfa gets the ball and runs into the box and one of the defenders stands on his foot preventing him from getting to the ball. Would you prefer if he dived and won a penalty or stayed on his feet and didn't get a penalty?

In this hypothetical scenario I'd still take the high road and feel any win through cheating would tarnish the glory.

That said I'd probably still be celebrating.

So if you got a penalty which was a foul but he dived to get it, it would tarnish the glory? That just seems mental to me

My bad, thought you meant a proper dive.

Wouldn't be quite the same as if he'd not overdone it to get the pen, though. But on a much, much, smaller scale.

Ok hypothetical scenario. Newcastle are in a champions league final. We are losing by one goal with 2 minutes left. Ben Arfa gets the ball and runs into the box and one of the defenders stands on his foot preventing him from getting to the ball. Would you prefer if he dived and won a penalty or stayed on his feet and didn't get a penalty?

In this hypothetical scenario I'd still take the high road and feel any win through cheating would tarnish the glory.

That said I'd probably still be celebrating.

So if you got a penalty which was a foul but he dived to get it, it would tarnish the glory? That just seems mental to me

My bad, thought you only meant a proper dive.

Oh no. I must stress here again that I am only talking about when there is genuinely a foul

Standing on someone's foot stopping them from getting to the ball is a foul in my opinion.

Someone standing on your foot doesnt make you fly three foot in the air.

Of course it doesn't but if he didn't dive he wouldn't have got a penalty

Fairly certain in that situation, with the ref having the viewpoint he had, he'd have gotten the pen if he'd fallen like a normal person as well.

Its not going to look natural no matter what way he dives.

If you lose your footing and can't stand up, you go down in the directon gravity pulls you. If you actively throw yourself because you felt someone might've touched you that's something else entirely.

Happy for Unbelievable tbf, the few Mexicans I know are gits.

:thup:

I like Unbelievable. I'm content with this result, even if it means my dream of seeing Costa fucking Rica make it to the semis will be dashed. :lol:

It's such a horrible term of phrase basically legitimising cheating.

'Robben dived'

'Aye but he deserved a penalty'

'Oh that makes it OK then.

'The Yorkshire Ripper killed a few women'

'Aye but he deserved a good time's

Its not cheating to dive when you are fouled, its common sense

We've been here before :lol:. Of course it's cheating. It sucks that refs almost never have the balls to blow unless someone falls over, and that it certainly seems that you sometimes have to dive to get the right decision made, but it's still cheating.

This here is the problem, referees don't see it as a foul if you don't fall. Not sure how much there was contact on Robben though regarding this incident. :dontknow:

Ah, the old diving debate.

At which that cheating cunt Robben is a master.

Was nailed on he was going to be looking for it, naive of Marquez certainly, but for me Robben is the epitome of the ultimate cheating, winging, diving twat. He had been looking for the opportunity for large parts of the secomd half. Gifted and talented as he is (not to the ludicrous notions of 3rd best in the world :))

Mexico retreated far too much and invited the pressure.

Now the arrogant fuckers will march into the semis quite easily I would imagine.

I thought it was a foul and a penalty but Robben did cheat and should have been booked. Being fouled does not earn you the licence to be a cheat.

Don't think I've ever read a post that makes less sense than this.

"Robben was fouled and it was a clear penalty, the cheating bastard!"

Guest bimpy474

If you give a touch like that as a foul then every challenge will be a foul. If you touch a player before you win the ball, say as in a sliding tackle. It's ridiculous that's even thought of as a penalty. It's nothing that's been turned into a penalty by a cheat because of a tiny touch in a contact sport. A blatant cheat who's done it repeatedly and FIFA/UEFA have let cunts like him multiply because they're scared to act.

I fucking hate modern football and the win at all cost cheating cunts that infest it.

If you give a touch like that as a foul then every challenge will be a foul. If you touch a player before you win the ball, say as in a sliding tackle. It's ridiculous that's even thought of as a penalty. It's nothing that's been turned into a penalty by a cheat because of a tiny touch in a contact sport. A blatant cheat who's done it repeatedly and FIFA/UEFA have let c***s like him multiply because they're scared to act.

I f***ing hate modern football and the win at all cost cheating c***s that infest it.

Gonna get to the point of there being no tackles. The 'high foot' thing does my head in as well (pardon the pun).

Unless there is nothing to possibly stop you going over due to the contact it is a dive.

I don't blame Robben, he's doing what anyone would do in that position. I wonder what Unbelievables opinion is, the man who condemned Suarez handball at the World Cup. Going by his arguments back then, there's no way he's happy here.

I'm not particularly happy no. Actually, there is a nice parallel between this incident and our tournament in general so far; both are effective and "acceptable" within the rules, but both do not really command respect or set the pulse racing. Still I think we've been on the receiving end of two questionable penalties already this tournament, and nobody could have complained if Robben got a penalty in the first half. So in that sense I don't think the pen was unjustified, especially as Marquez did foul him. Robben is a brilliant player, but I don't like that side of him, same as I suspect you don't like it on Neymar.

Greece XI: Karnezis; Manolas, Torosidis, Maniatis, Sokratis; Karagounis, Torosidis, Lazaros, Cholevas; Salpingidis, Samaras

Costa Rica XI: Navas; Gonzalez, Duarte, Gamboa, Umaña, Diaz; Borges, Bolanos, Tejeda; Ruiz; Campbel

Guest bimpy474

If you give a touch like that as a foul then every challenge will be a foul. If you touch a player before you win the ball, say as in a sliding tackle. It's ridiculous that's even thought of as a penalty. It's nothing that's been turned into a penalty by a cheat because of a tiny touch in a contact sport. A blatant cheat who's done it repeatedly and FIFA/UEFA have let c***s like him multiply because they're scared to act.

I f***ing hate modern football and the win at all cost cheating c***s that infest it.

Gonna get to the point of there being no tackles. The 'high foot' thing does my head in as well (pardon the pun).

Honestly reffing the young uns has become a nightmare as they're all diving around like little cunts. Honestly i want to volley them in the head every time they do it.

Foot up one is tricky, i give it if all 6 studs are showing and there's contact and no advantage etc, funnily enough i find that one fairly easy and straight forward.

Unless there is nothing to possibly stop you going over due to the contact it is a dive.

I don't blame Robben, he's doing what anyone would do in that position. I wonder what Unbelievables opinion is, the man who condemned Suarez handball at the World Cup. Going by his arguments back then, there's no way he's happy here.

I'm not particularly happy no. Actually, there is a nice parallel between this incident and our tournament in general so far; both are effective and "acceptable" within the rules, but both do not really command respect or set the pulse racing. Still I think we've been on the receiving end of two questionable penalties already this tournament, and nobody could have complained if Robben got a penalty in the first half. So in that sense I don't think the pen was unjustified, especially as Marquez did foul him. Robben is a brilliant player, but I don't like that side of him, same as I suspect you don't like it on Neymar.

:lol::lol::lol:

Greece XI: Karnezis; Manolas, Torosidis, Maniatis, Sokratis; Karagounis, Torosidis, Lazaros, Cholevas; Salpingidis, Samaras

Costa Rica XI: Navas; Gonzalez, Duarte, Gamboa, Umaña, Diaz; Borges, Bolanos, Tejeda; Ruiz; Campbel

Two Torisidises, interesting.

Two Torisidises, interesting.

Bloody Twitter Teamltalk fools...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02958/costa-teams_2958628a.jpg

Really liked Gamboa and Gonzalez of Costa Rica, wonder if they'll take a step up over the summer.

Likewise you'd think Tejeda will have a suitor outside of the assume, weak as piss, CRC league.

I thought it was a foul and a penalty but Robben did cheat and should have been booked. Being fouled does not earn you the licence to be a cheat.

Don't think I've ever read a post that makes less sense than this.

"Robben was fouled and it was a clear penalty, the cheating b******!"

He was fouled but the theatrical as fuck dive was completely unnecessary.  How does this not make sense?

:lol::lol::lol:

;)